We made the finals… Changes VS Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunkley's grandparents actually drove to WA from country Victoria. That's dedication to family. Amazing. Heard from a source that they are driving Josh to SA on the way home to find a place for him to live for when he goes to Port next year. Gone.
Interesting. I bet the club would be OK with that if we win, and the rest of the team are on a plane?! Oh dear, slight hole in the story there...

Dunkley's grandparents actually drove to WA from country Victoria. That's dedication to family. Amazing. Heard from a source that they are driving Josh to SA on the way home to find a place for him to live for when he goes to Port next year. Gone.
What source?

Genuine question here.

Has West ever shown a level of midfield dominance at Footscray that would suggest that he could slot straight into the the most physically demanding midfield role on the ground. Even if its not on a like for like or on a rotational basis?

Id be interested in seeing if anybody could provide a breakdown of where on the ground he was playing before be was omitted from the side a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty evident that his form had been in decline during his last couple of games. I'd like to know if he spent any time on the ball during this time or if he was just wasting away at starvation corner.
IMO no he hasn’t

I’ve watched games where he started on ball and has to be moved as he is not havying an impact.

Not sure what it is whether he is only able to do it in short bursts but you would think with his talent he should dominate in the middle at VFL.

Ironically everyones whipping boy McComb is one who has dominated in the middle in the VFL

I’m pretty sure West was runner up for the JJ Liston Trophy as an inside mid. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Being the 2nd best rated player in the VFL over a season gives you a decent argument for an AFL backup role, I would think.
Polled 17 votes averaged 20.1 disposals 13 goals over 15 games as a mid/ forward. I would think more fwd than mid as it was his 1st year and a full time mid should be around the 30 plus disposals

I think the answer to your first paragraph is that West has, on several occasions, definitely shown he can impact a game from the midfield. However, because he spends considerable time as a deep forward he hasn't often been used in this role for extended periods in a game. With McComb, Sullivan, MacPherson and others going through the middle, West has been used as an impact player rather than a 4 quarter type. Does this place a doubt on his fitness/durability? I'm not sure. I suspect if he is promoted for this week's game it would very much only be for a cameo role in the midfield.
I suspect it is a fitness thing. I remember a game against GWS where he played the whole 1st half in the middle with little impact but went fwd in 2nd half and kicked a few

Only 3rd best as he spent large chunks of the game forward as he has genuine game winning ability forward at VFL level. I’d say he’s easily as effective in the guts if not more than the other two this year. Last year was largely Lippa & West battling it out for best on in the middle
Interesting analysis given McComb won our VFL BAnd F and made the VFL competition team
West could well be playing fwd because his tank doses not allow him to play mid full time

Don’t agree that a league wide award vs a single team best and fairest is comparable. Not to mention that Wests contributions at AFL level are in total different category to McComb, despite not being given the same number of chances even when his VFL form has been stellar.
In the middle? Because that’s what the discussion was

surprised by the criticism of West. He would be one of the most determined players out there. The biggest issue I see with Riley is that he’s had the team first mantra drummed into him to the extent where he’ll pass The ball instead of taking the shot and sometimes he’s second-guessing himself. I would give West midfield minutes but only 5 minutes per quarter.
I think Bevo is not too stupid to play either Mccomb or an out of form Bruce in such an important game.
No its his defensive running when the ball is not in the vicinity that’s the issue.
No issues when the ball is there near him but that’s only half of today’s football. forward half turnovers and team defence require hard running when we havent got the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard they are going via Goulburn so he can see the big Merino

They completely rebuilt his running gait, so yes, eastern mystical training.
And he did lose a yard of pace. If Vandermeer learns a new running gait and loses a yard, does he bring enough to the table?

This could be the worst take on this thread. West the only decent call here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Hey nob

Reckon I was right with my calls to drop Darcy, McComb, and play JJ, west, Crozier. Croz is the only replacement for Duryea and Richards/Dale would be more offensive.

Shows how much you know f wit.

Hey nob

Reckon I was right with my calls to drop Darcy, McComb, and play JJ, west, Crozier. Croz is the only replacement for Duryea and Richards/Dale would be more offensive.

Shows how much you know f wit.
Lol..why would someone follow something that makes them so angry?

IMO no he hasn’t

I’ve watched games where he started on ball and has to be moved as he is not havying an impact.

Not sure what it is whether he is only able to do it in short bursts but you would think with his talent he should dominate in the middle at VFL.

Ironically everyones whipping boy McComb is one who has dominated in the middle in the VFL
Lmao this is a terrible take and proves you haven’t actually watched him & are just speaking out of your ass in defence of the club/coach as per usual

Remove this Banner Ad

Back