mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
After the St Kilda game we are top but there is still the West Coast v Brisbane game to go, and we would go back to 2nd if Brisbane win. At half time West Coast were 48, yes 48 points up and halfway through the third quarter it's still 49. We're looking good to finish this round sitting above 15 other teams. Too bad I tipped Brisbane. I should have remembered that their win ratio without Michael Voss(when captain) is only 33%.

Originally posted by mic59
We've got West Coast in the 4th game after the break. I have some good comments ready for Chris_Judd. (The prick, not the player)

You mean you aren't going to politely ask the player why he isnt at home watching his big screen TV on his own?

Originally posted by Port01
You mean you aren't going to politely ask the player why he isnt at home watching his big screen TV on his own?

HAH. :D

I'm in love with Chris Judd, he practically shoved us to the top of the ladder by kicking those five goals. And Ben Cousins, too.

Ahh shucks. A HUGE THANKYOU TO WEST COAST! May we meet you on the last day in September. ;)

Nice, but meaningless until Round 22.

The irony would be that some would consider the Brisbane-West Coast match the GF preview, even though the result put neither of them in top position.

As good as it is,
Our season doesn't start until September.

Didn't we also go on top of Brisbane in Round 12 last year after Melbourne toppled them?

It's quite amazing how we have the same round win/loss record as 2002. Our best football over the last two years I believe was between Rds 10-15 last year, I think we still have a lot more improvement and am dying to see some games where we kick 25 goals +.
The only thing I am kicking myself for this year is the loss to Melbourne, they play two good games for the year and ones against us, and also the game to Brisbane where we got so close but couldn't finish off. The West Coast game was acceptable after our poor pre-season and injuries.
That top spot seems ever so important, the way it's looking Port, Brisbane and West Coast are so far ahead of the rest of the comp it's not funny. West Coast remind me of us in 2001, not a lot of people rate them etc but they keep on producing results, Brissy are looking like Essendon, labelled as flag favourite, expected to win the flag but like Essendon 2001 tiring, losing that invincibilty and us like Brisbane just starting to gain momentum.

Originally posted by Porthos
Nice, but meaningless until Round 22.

The irony would be that some would consider the Brisbane-West Coast match the GF preview, even though the result put neither of them in top position.

Agreed......and I'm more than happy for Brisbane and West Caost to get the accolades........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back