Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

30yearpie

Team Captain
Jul 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's been years since we have flexed our financial muscle and gone for a big gun recruit.
This guy is in the best 5 tall forwards in the league and by getting him we can use Darcy Moore where he has always been best suited in defense. Even if we do continue with the vision of Moore as a forward, having Lynch will make us a top 8 side. Ben Reid is not the answer.

At all costs? I don't think we should trade Mayne as he is crucial to our best 22 but if we have to lose him to get Lynch then ok
Yep heart broken to lose Mayne for a spud like lynch, who be one of the first picked in the team. But you never know.

North Melbourne can offer him more than us. We have mismanaged our salary cap and have no war chest
North Melbourne can't offer him the opportunity to be the marquee player at the most marketable franchise in Australia. There is a reason why they can't land a big name no matter how much cash they throw.

At all costs? I don't think we should trade Mayne as he is crucial to our best 22 but if we have to lose him to get Lynch then ok
Wasn't that lame arse "sit in Pies 2's get paid s**t loads and top up my super" sacked today? Far out!

North Melbourne can't offer him the opportunity to be the marquee player at the most marketable franchise in Australia. There is a reason why they can't land a big name no matter how much cash they throw.
I would love it if Lynch bought that crap. Won't happen unfortunately

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give them Mayne, Blair, Sinclair and our last draft and rookie selections. It will be paying overs, but those QLD teams need these marquee types...

What financial muscle? We still have a salary cap like every other team. Quick let's give him eleventy million dollars!!!!!!
Hahah that was my first thought too! There's no player in the league that should be acquired 'at all costs'. That's the kind of thinking that got Carlton Judd but lost them pick 3, Kennedy and a second round pick and set them back a decade.

That must be why we have such a great list...
No, it's why we have players like Treloar and Howe. Do you think the footy shows pay the players the same amount to come on? A pies player will always get more than say a North player because people tune in to them. There is huge money in outside deals.

Also, Nick Reiwoldt discussed it before, how there is always the draw for players to play for clubs like Collingwood who have big crowds and games

Happy to get Lynch - but not at all costs. Still paying the price for overpaying on Treloar and Aish. And underselling on Witts.

I'd rather spend the $$ on development. it's unsexy but it works

Happy to get Lynch - but not at all costs. Still paying the price for overpaying on Treloar and Aish. And underselling on Witts.

I'd rather spend the $$ on development. it's unsexy but it works
Going by reports, I'd rather T.Lynch and deal with the fall back.

No, it's why we have players like Treloar and Howe. Do you think the footy shows pay the players the same amount to come on? A pies player will always get more than say a North player because people tune in to them. There is huge money in outside deals.

Also, Nick Reiwoldt discussed it before, how there is always the draw for players to play for clubs like Collingwood who have big crowds and games
This draw you speak of is not translating to attracting the really big players.

Ugh.
Our "Over Exposure" these days consist of Ed's racist gaffs.
If I was a sponsor, I'd be running as fast as I could from the "mouth from toorak".
Yes, there are multiple Collingwood articles in every paper, every day because of something Ed said 4 years ago. Just once, think about what you're saying before you say it.

Lynch is the player you need when contending, not trying to build to get to that position. That why the hawks were so successful, they built the team then filled the need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back