The "We must get Tom Lynch at all costs...or maybe not" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What we need to hope for in season 2018 is for Gold Coast to finish bottom 4 and for us to return to finals.

The more gap we can create between them and us on the ladder the greater chance they may prefer to just accept AFL compensation with a top 5 pick in a strong draft year.

Ideally they finish bottom 2 again and be in line for pick 3 while our pick gets out beyond the top 10.

If it's a choice between 3 and 11+ and another probable 10+ selection the following season good chance they'll take the former and we'll get Lynch free.

Of course they might go the way of wanting an established player plus our first round selection.

I have heard rumours from those in football circles that Tom Lynch has stated to them he will nominate Collingwood as his preferred destination club, but he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of staying if the Gold Coast satisfies his demands. Richmond will be pressing to sign him and probably to expect him to denounce Collingwood as his preferred club. Carlton is not in the race for his services either as everyone knows he doesn’t like them. Once he publicly makes his stance on his future, Collingwood will be the front runner by a long way and Gold Coast would need a miracle in order to keep him. It would give us flexibility to use Moore as a swingman filling the void for Reid and Lynch would go about his business kicking 70 goals a season, he’s every bit as good as Josh Kennedy on his day.

Sad reflection of our recruiting and trading that it has got to this point that we are desperately seeking his services next year. I don't see any reason for him not to come to Collingwood next year as he will have the whole forward line to himself in 2019. Most forwards would be happy calling for the ball when leading and players passing the ball to them maybe 40-50% of the time. In Tom Lynch's case he can expect the ball delivered to him 80-90% of the time. If I was Tom Lynch I would even take a pay cut to come to Collingwood. What tall forward wouldn't?

If we fail it will be because the AFL steps in with a Godfather deal... then we might ask Tom Boyd how he is feeling about Schache signing, we'll have a lot of money in that scenario and you could still make the double Tom bookend play with McDonald

This thread is going to make me watch GC games with greater interest for one main reason...

How will they go without Ablett?:p Nah, just kidding, I will be watching Lynch.

After 6 rounds in 2018 and they are 0-6 it would be a good thing Maggie5.....for us.

He has no reason not to sign now if he is staying IMO.

After 6 rounds in 2018 and they are 0-6 it would be a good thing Maggie5.....for us.

He has no reason not to sign now if he is staying IMO.
Salient point. He already knows that GC will give him top dollar to stay and he already knows that the AFL with subsidize his ambassador role. So why not sign now and end conjecture? There is no point starting a bidding war because GC could easily trump all comers.

Salient point. He already knows that GC will give him top dollar to stay and he already knows that the AFL with subsidize his ambassador role. So why not sign now and end conjecture? There is no point starting a bidding war because GC could easily trump all comers.

Exactly my point......if Toms primary motive in his footballing life is $ then he would sign his "Buddy" like deal NOW and this thread will disappear very quickly.

Ned Guy and Paul Connors become very important people in the next 12 months for our Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad reflection of our recruiting and trading that it has got to this point that we are desperately seeking his services next year. I don't see any reason for him not to come to Collingwood next year as he will have the whole forward line to himself in 2019. Most forwards would be happy calling for the ball when leading and players passing the ball to them maybe 40-50% of the time. In Tom Lynch's case he can expect the ball delivered to him 80-90% of the time. If I was Tom Lynch I would even take a pay cut to come to Collingwood. What tall forward wouldn't?
Have you seen how we deliver the ball to our forwards? What tall forward would imo?

Ned Guy and Paul Connors become very important people in the next 12 months for our Club.

Ensuring we land Lynch will be at the top of Guy's KPI list for 2018. Almost a full time job in itself. He probably had to give a power point presentation on it in his job interview (if he even had one).:)

I have heard rumours from those in football circles that Tom Lynch has stated to them he will nominate Collingwood as his preferred destination club, but he hasn’t ruled out the possibility of staying if the Gold Coast satisfies his demands. Richmond will be pressing to sign him and probably to expect him to denounce Collingwood as his preferred club. Carlton is not in the race for his services either as everyone knows he doesn’t like them. Once he publicly makes his stance on his future, Collingwood will be the front runner by a long way and Gold Coast would need a miracle in order to keep him. It would give us flexibility to use Moore as a swingman filling the void for Reid and Lynch would go about his business kicking 70 goals a season, he’s every bit as good as Josh Kennedy on his day.
Don’t see how Richmond could afford him. They cant fit in a second million dollar player along with Cotchin, Prestia and Reiwoldt all being on $700k+

This thread is going to make me watch GC games with greater interest for one main reason...

How will they go without Ablett?:p Nah, just kidding, I will be watching Lynch.

Ablett leaving is probably good for us. He was still their best player by a mile. They will miss him short term and thats what we want....no good short term prospects for the Suns to encourage Lynch to stay..

Tom Lynch is having a clause written into his 2019 contract to have cardboard cutouts of himself made out for all the Collingwood mids to kick to at training.

The cardboard cutout is an interesting concept.

A Daicos cutout in the forward pocket would probably win the Coventry next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back