WE MUST TRADE DARCY

Remove this Banner Ad

Same thing was said to me when I said no to hiring Jlo and when I screamed from the hilltops about keeping Acres.

Darcy must be traded for balance in the kitty and the construction of our best 22. Collingwood is fine without Grundy. We will be fine without Darcy.
You are not the oracle. This is a dumb take.

Following on from my Acres thread where I was proven right, along with being against a previous Fremantle player becoming our coach..when that was an unpopular opinion.

We must cash out Darcy and get what we can (Kings Ransom), play Jacko full time ruck and Treacy as Ruck/Fwd. Reidy and a developing Knobel as backup in wafl.

Darcy is constantly injured, taps aren’t to advantage and too unfit for the modern game.

We will definitely regret having an overpaid, underplayed, overweight Ruck on a long contract. We must move on becoming a more athletic and lethal midfield.

If Jackson wasn’t brought over I would’ve been fine having Darcy kept on. Jackson is here for another 7 or 8 years..

This is the crossroads. We must trade him.
All because you were right about Acres doesn’t make you right about Darcy.

I really like the awesome foursome Darcy, Jackson , Treacy and Amiss. They are good in the air and the ground.

Darcy contested possessions is elite for a midfielder and sure his hits to advantage need to improve but their are not a lot of young rucks who made AA squad.

Rucks take time and Darcy is ahead in the timeline.

Jackson isn’t the usual ruck, he can play multiple roles and that creates a structural advantage with Darcy as the number one ruck.

Following on from my Acres thread where I was proven right, along with being against a previous Fremantle player becoming our coach..when that was an unpopular opinion.

We must cash out Darcy and get what we can (Kings Ransom), play Jacko full time ruck and Treacy as Ruck/Fwd. Reidy and a developing Knobel as backup in wafl.

Darcy is constantly injured, taps aren’t to advantage and too unfit for the modern game.

We will definitely regret having an overpaid, underplayed, overweight Ruck on a long contract. We must move on becoming a more athletic and lethal midfield.

If Jackson wasn’t brought over I would’ve been fine having Darcy kept on. Jackson is here for another 7 or 8 years..

Hi Peter. I've listened to you on SportFM each week talk about how great you were at West Coast Eagles

It comes accross that you are bitter when Freo gave Longmuir the job instead of yourself.

This Darcey and Jackson thing you keep repeating on SportFM and now you have brought it into bigfooty like all the other complaints that you have.

Trading Darcy would have to be the dumbest trade we've ever done if we were to go ahead with it, worse than Croad, worse than Hogan, worse than Neale, would objectively be the worst trade decision we've ever made.

You don't trade someone who when he's firing, is the best ruck in the entire competition, to instead put a player who's better as a swingman than a full time ruck in the role, and rely on some unreliable draft picks to build our squad.

Darcy's a big Victorian name that actually wants to stay in Perth, those are rare, we'd have to be absolutely brain dead to give him up.

Man you come up with some doozy's on here
I love a good alternative take to the majority though.

Keep being you freo1997.

I would only ever trade Darcy if we had an elite gun lined up to come here, preferably a small forward, but would also take a gun key defender or big bodied midfielder.

I have no interest in trading him just for draft picks.

17 reactions and not one of them a like says it all really.
So Close Atp GIF by Tennis TV

I was this close to liking it just for having the balls to make a thread like this 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

W
I love a good alternative take to the majority though.

Keep being you freo1997.

I would only ever trade Darcy if we had an elite gun lined up to come here, preferably a small forward, but would also take a gun key defender or big bodied midfielder.

I have no interest in trading him just for draft picks.
I wouldn’t want picks. Ready made star or stars in return.

Look at the teams going deep. Besides Dees not one has an A grade Ruckman. Put our money into someone else imo.

All the disagreements in the world won’t deter my opinions. I know it’s the right strategy list management wise and don’t have any affiliation/love for Darcy just cause we drafted him as a pudgy loveable teen. It’s a business and we’re here to win flags.

Noooooooooooo

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t want to trade Darcy either.
But I can somehow see the logic and to be fair, people like Mark Duffield have talked in detail about the possibility recently. The main caveat is what we would get in return though? If you said to me for example that we swap Darcy for Aaron Naughton I could potentially get around that trade.
Even Sam Taylor.
But not picks. No ******* way - to give Darcy away for draft picks would just about confirm we are a feeder club.

I’d trade Darcy for guaranteed quality.

Mainly a speedy mid or 40 goal plus a season medium forward.

PLUS extras.

That said he ain’t leaving.

W

I wouldn’t want picks. Ready made star or stars in return.

Look at the teams going deep. Besides Dees not one has an A grade Ruckman. Put our money into someone else imo.

All the disagreements in the world won’t deter my opinions. I know it’s the right strategy list management wise and don’t have any affiliation/love for Darcy just cause we drafted him as a pudgy loveable teen. It’s a business and we’re here to win flags.
Do you know how rare it is to trade a ready made star for another ready made star?

Unless there's a gun key forward or explosive midfielder looking to come to Freo, there's literally zero chance of it happening

Do you know how rare it is to trade a ready made star for another ready made star?

Unless there's a gun key forward or explosive midfielder looking to come to Freo, there's literally zero chance of it happening
We don't have to trade Darcy directly for a star. Trade Darcy for picks then trade those picks for the star.

Trading Darcy for the picks and then use those picks in the draft? Zero interest in that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back