WE MUST TRADE DARCY

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you work 52 weeks a year? What a hero you must be. Idiot.

So sensitive. Yeah I have worked 52 weeks a year before lazy bones.

He’s had weight issues his whole career which most likely impacts a lot of his injuries he’s sustained. We’re not even in the festive season and we have a supposed professional athlete looking like the fat kid from Matilda. Expect more.

Imagine if I cared.
Love the feistiness.

Try not to let some of these campaigners get to you.

I don't think we should trade Darcy but it has been a talking point all year, so thread is valid.

So sensitive. Yeah I have worked 52 weeks a year before lazy bones.

He’s had weight issues his whole career which most likely impacts a lot of his injuries he’s sustained. We’re not even in the festive season and we have a supposed professional athlete looking like the fat kid from Matilda. Expect more.
100% agree...As a pro athlete who is getting 10-15 k a week staying fit and IN SHAPE is MUST,that is the price U pay for being pro athlete...

You must have pretty thick skin because there are 5 threads on this page taking the piss out of you.
Water off a ducks back.

Everyone can have their own opinion. We support the same team that’s all that matters..but it be boring if we all agreed how to make our team better. I obviously have an extremely unpopular opinion but it’s what I believe.

Water off a ducks back.

Everyone can have their own opinion. We support the same team that’s all that matters..but it be boring if we all agreed how to make our team better. I obviously have an extremely unpopular opinion but it’s what I believe.

Bloody flat earthers….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Water off a ducks back.

You are allowed to be wrong

Water off a ducks back.

Fair enough that we can all have our opinions and I’m sorry I called you an idiot. But I still maintain you are wrong about him being injury prone. Coming into round 18 he had missed six games since round 1 2020.

You are allowed to be wrong
We won’t know for a year or two. Fairly sure we’ll regret it just like the Acres trade.

Look at the remaining teams and their ruck stocks. Put our money into a gun FP or gun winger. Ruck is a combative position but doesn’t warrant a big contract or high $ especially after signing Jackson long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only thing that matters is the return (obviously).
Everyone is tradeable for the correct price.

With that said keep him, with Darcy we are a good team without him not as good imo.

Let say we get a Logan Mcdonald for him.
That would be nice (unlikely). I still fall in the keep Darcy camp 60 to 40.

Anyway, all good

We won’t know for a year or two. Fairly sure we’ll regret it just like the Acres trade.

Look at the remaining teams and their ruck stocks. Put our money into a gun FP or gun winger. Ruck is a combative position but doesn’t warrant a big contract or high $ especially after signing Jackson long term.
Jackson isn’t a #1 ruck, he’s wasted in that position and gets rag doled by the big strong rucks, when you look at Jackson as a Forward/Mid who plays 20% ruck, all these arguments about over investing in ruckmen gets thrown out the window. Jackson is a better forward than McDonald right now, but is more impactful as a mid as well as a 2nd ruck (where he can monster opponents 2nd rucks)

Love the feistiness.

Try not to let some of these campaigners get to you.

I don't think we should trade Darcy but it has been a talking point all year, so thread is valid.
Don't think so either also two year contract extension talk at the moment pretty sure.
So probably will stay at Freo.

Pretty sure we win the Richmond game with Darcy. Jackson just wasn’t big enough for nankervis, and midfield just got kind of squashed. Can’t see why we’d trade him unless he wanted out! Whole team is too small and Darcy adds weight and height and more marking power around the ground.

If we got say a Larkey for Hodor, or a Curnow, to help out Jye, you might consider it. Or a Shai Bolton, or Taylor from GWS you might consider it. But given that aint happening, its a no from me too. I dont mind the conjecture though, freo1997, keep up the good work :)

Jackson isn’t a #1 ruck, he’s wasted in that position and gets rag doled by the big strong rucks, when you look at Jackson as a Forward/Mid who plays 20% ruck, all these arguments about over investing in ruckmen gets thrown out the window. Jackson is a better forward than McDonald right now, but is more impactful as a mid as well as a 2nd ruck (where he can monster opponents 2nd rucks)

Yeah this is why you don't trade Darcy. He still rucks 70% of the game time and we're better for it. Jackson has had some decent games in the ruck but that's not where he's shined in those games, it's in general play that he has. Full time ruck kills Jackson's advantages.

For the record I was dead against the Jackson trade. However seeing what he can do when he is not shackled to the ruck and we have other tall forwards demanding decent defenders is impressive.

He is a genuine nightmare match up as a roaming 3rd tall. He can play on ball in a pinch and is a weird match up in general play. He can play CHF. He can ruck if the other team goes small in the ruck concedes the tap to Darcy.

Like someone else said it's not Gawn and Grundy, it's two very complementary players.

It’s fair to call out excuses when possible but if a bloke can’t walk freely not really sure I can blame him for putting a bit on. It’s also 5 months until a practice game and 6 before the season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He walked past me at Peel yesterday and looked to be a bit overweight for the reasons mentioned above

Needs to follow Max Gawn`s example to slim down to move around the ground better (get to more contests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back