Strategy We need a key forward

WHOS OUR FF SOLUTION?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We're screwed.

Lynch is still in a moonboot 'hopeful' of a round 1 return. Hasn't played since, what, round 4? Basically would have lost so much aerobic capacity and wont reach full fitness / potential for next year anyway you wouldn't imagine. He's also soon to be 31.

Riewoldt is gone.

We then have:
Ryan (young / inexperienced / not a outright key forward)
Bauer (young / inexperienced / not a outright key forward)

So, even if we got Koschitzke, who is the right size and age bracket, we really need another.

We're ****ed

We're screwed.

Lynch is still in a moonboot 'hopeful' of a round 1 return. Hasn't played since, what, round 4? Basically would have lost so much aerobic capacity and wont reach full fitness / potential for next year anyway you wouldn't imagine. He's also soon to be 31.

Riewoldt is gone.

We then have:

So, even if we got Koschitzke, who is the right size and age bracket, we really need another.

We're ****ed
Yeah it’s not looking good right now. I’d have looked at one the Gold Coast VFL key forwards, but Chris Burgess is going to Adelaide and it doesn’t look like Brodie McLaughlin wants to go anywhere.

Hope we find a solution

Think Lynch is just going to play in the moon boot? Wonder if he can get the journey from 60m in it?
Thats the only feasible option at this stage

JACOB KOSCHITZKE (HAWTHORN)

Age: 23 2023 games: 12 Position: Key forward Status: Out-of-contract (non-free agent)

Jacob Koschitzke's 2023 Numbers​

2023Key forward rating
Disposals8.6Below Average
Contested Marks1.4Above Average
Forward 50 Marks1.8Average
Goals0.8Below Average
Shot at Goal Accuracy %38%Poor

Not pretty numbers for the Hawk who wants to be a Tiger. He wasn’t great at getting the ball and was bad in front of goal, kicking a major from just 38 per cent of his shots this year. That explains who he managed just nine goals from 12 games. Koschitzke couldn’t deliver as a second banana to Mitch Lewis, but Richmond will be hoping he can as Tom Lynch’s offsider.

clayton oliver is gunna play tall clearly

So much negativity.
We can offset Lynch plonking another ROLE player at full forward.
ROLE players are what we need.
Lunch is 31

The time to panic is NOW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More than anything else we need to get the umps on our side. We should be inviting them to train with us, participate in property deals, that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure the AFL doesn't have any rules around such things.
This is a correct answer but it's just too long to add as an option in the poll, unfortunately.

Think Lynch is just going to play in the moon boot? Wonder if he can get the journey from 60m in it?
If he is using Adidas Moonboot then it should be easy

Age: 23 2023 games: 12 Position: Key forward Status: Out-of-contract (non-free agent)

2023Key forward rating
Goals0.8Below Average

Not pretty numbers for the Hawk who wants to be a Tiger. He wasn’t great at getting the ball and was bad in front of goal, kicking a major from just 38 per cent of his shots this year. That explains who he managed just nine goals from 12 games. Koschitzke couldn’t deliver as a second banana to Mitch Lewis, but Richmond will be hoping he can as Tom Lynch’s offsider.
Will fit right in with those stats

We played most of the season without a mobile key forward anyway.
I'm pretty keen on Kozi, we finally have a guy that will be able to run for a change.
I guess if anything next year will keep the Balta/Gibcus to play forward debate alive.
Reckon Lynch will make a perfect 3rd key forward when he returns in 2025 as a 32 yo.

In all seriousness there isn't much we can do about it TBH, we don't have the draft capital to acquire someone and more importantly we don't have the cap space. We still have 1 year to run on Dusty's contract and we will also be paying Lynch a bucket load.
The only thing we can do is think of alternatives with our list, hopefully Yze as some ideas which I'm sure he does.
We were reasonably competitive this year, we still have a talented list, i don't think it's as bad as it seems, not ideal though. We have to just sit back and watch for now.

We played most of the season without a mobile key forward anyway.
I'm pretty keen on Kozi, we finally have a guy that will be able to run for a change.
I guess if anything next year will keep the Balta/Gibcus to play forward debate alive.
Reckon Lynch will make a perfect 3rd key forward when he returns in 2025 as a 32 yo.
We used Miller at CHF and if he could mark the ball, or even crash the packs, it would have sort of worked, because at ground level Miller was good and could apply pressure because of his speed and agility. Kosi looks like he covers the ground well and knows how to mark a ball (with two hands Miller), so I think he will be an important player if we get him. He is not replacing Lynch, but Miller, Ryan and Soldo when they used him there. I'm pretty sure he will be an upgrade on those guys. Bauer might surprise which would be a bonus.

I'm for playing Gibcus at half forward next to him so that we have more of an aerial presence at half forward, and also to ease him back in a bit after such a long break.

2023Key forward rating
Goals0.8Below Average

He had a poor year, but that happens.
His first two years were pretty good, especially his first where he kicked 27 goals (37 behinds) and 4 marks a game in a poor side.

We're screwed.

Riewoldt is gone.

We then have:

We're ****ed
Frampton and Miochek.

Close thread.

More than anything else we need to get the umps on our side. We should be inviting them to train with us, participate in property deals, that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure the AFL doesn't have any rules around such things.
No way in hell will our team wear anything Black N White.

Back