Strategy We need a key forward

WHOS OUR FF SOLUTION?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Like I said if Ugle goes we're no chance and they reckon Sydney will overinflate his contract so hopefully they make Bulldogs pay through the nose. All I know is they've got Naughton going nowhere, if Ugle stays he's going nowhere, Lobb ain't getting big bucks to play Magoo's, then you've got Darcy and Croft. That's 5 KPF so their stocks are completely stacked. Croft isn't expecting much opportunity for the next few years. So realistically if anyone will get frustrated and seek opportunities elsewhere it's Darcy.

If by end of this season he's still twiddling his thumbs it'd be sheer incompetence on Blair Hartley to not try seduce him. Realistically he couldn't command huge $$$'s but getting guaranteed games at a big successful club would be more appealing plus Croft might start playing well in Magoo's. Stealing a F/S who was tipped as number 1 pick would need to pay more than slight overs. But would be the heist of all time and sort out our Lynch replacement. Better than using our 1st rounder next year to draft a KPF then waiting 3 years to see if they're any good.

We only need a few stars to align like Ugle extending, no injuries to their starting options and Darcy again getting limited gametime. He's not gonna wait 8 years for Naughton to finish up so might as well get in early. Maybe they need some HBF we can straight swap a couple?
Getting him would be gold just to the reaction of Luke Darcy who I sense hates us.

I like Marshall as a player as a free agent but

I just think Marra will become a special player
Yeah jamara will be better no doubt but I don't think we're in a position to be giving away 2 more early draft picks.

We could add Marshall and 4 kids in the top 25 or so with the hand we have. That's nearly a rebuild in itself.

We could add Marshall and 4 kids in the top 25 or so with the hand we have. That's nearly a rebuild in itself.
shout-from-the-highest-mountains.png

I've said it before and I'll say it again if Ugle Hagan stays at Bulldogs I'd be poaching Sam Darcy. With Naughton, Lobb, Ugle and now Croft his opportunities aren't looking great. At Punt Rd he's guaranteed to be played week in week out. He couldn't ask huge coin and if he's not getting regular games a pick around 15 should be fair for both teams. He'd already have3 years development in him too. No chance GWS let Cadman go they moved heaven and earth to swap a motza of picks to get pick 1. He'll end up signing a ridiculous overpriced contract based on potential.
His old man hates Richmond.

Marshall is a free agent. All he'd cost is coin, and we will have plenty.
Perfect, let's get him then.

Given how imprecise drafting is as a science I'm probably one of those that think we need a volume of picks and the higher the better to create another generation like we had 17-20.

Getting in blokes like Ugle-Hagan and Cadman costs you two picks and ultimately may cost you other players down the line with salary. You also run into the issue that they hit their prime before the rest of the list is ready to contend in lots of cases.

Back