Roast We need to talk about Lachie

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but he's a character coz he's got messy hair and a mo. That's what's important
his skills are terrible but I'm not sure he's ever been given a role and been allowed to work at it though

He almost looks like he needs to slow down his mind. Pendlebury has that look of a player who has infinite time always - can assess his options, pick his way through problems and then execute.

Lachie looks like he has about 75 different things running through his head whilst he is always moving at pace and can’t do the most basic of skills. But then, when he has time and space, can execute. The fundamentals are there, I’m not sure how you solve the mind aspect, hopefully it improves with experience. Maybe try meditation? Get him comfortable at SANFL? Move him to back pocket and simplify the game plan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's not let Farrell off here, just as bad, actually probably worse.

Teams around the league have farrells all the time.

offensive weapons off halfback and it doesn’t matter if they’re not defensive juggernauts.

Ports the only club where that kind of player gets exposed due to our coach and arguably lack of quality talls also exposes the rest of our defense.

Hell, the afl is going goo go Gaga over daicos and I’m not sure he’s been within a country mile of a forward in his career, and he doesn’t need to in the pies structure.

Got through because he has a man’s body as a kid. Can’t learn footy touch, and he absolutely does not have it.

Maybe see if he can re-spec as a pure lockdown tagger/back pocket

Yeah, I’ve been on jones case since before we drafted him and got sick of defending myself. Good to see everyone else come round.

He’s a high effort trier.

Needs to be relegated to sanfl and coaches need to spend the next year focusing on jones hands. If he shits, cooks dinner, or *s his partner he better have a football in his hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back