We need to talk about Tex...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to how he should be I think last night... Too many other problems in the side though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Always funny reading the melts in these sort of threads. Tex can do things that most KPF's can only dream of.

In which case, it's perfectly valid to be concerned when he's not doing them.

Feel like Buddy Love needs to give Tex some advice before finals.

"No matter what, ya GOT ta strut"

When Tex is up and about, swagger quotient above an 8.5 then we're in the game. Otherwise gets down on himself too easily, then frustrated and gives away frees, followed by meek football/missing sodas.

Can't rely on something good happening early in the game though. It's easy when it does as confidence flows from that. Needs to be able to move on from a quiet start which is inevitable for forwards at times.

Body language first. Fake it until you make it.

When Tex is up and about, swagger quotient above an 8.5 then we're in the game. Otherwise gets down on himself too easily, then frustrated and gives away frees, followed by meek football/missing sodas.

Can't rely on something good happening early in the game though. It's easy when it does as confidence flows from that. Needs to be able to move on from a quiet start which is inevitable for forwards at times.

Watching on TV, you can see if he is fired up or not when the team run out of the race. If Tex has that steely look in his eye, then we're in for a good one.

Dermot gives chapter and verse on Tex.

Apparently Tex needs to be more crash bash, Derm reckons he plays like a big flanker.

Funny - I remember calling Dermot a Big Flanker on more than one occasion.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/714460842a6b27913be43432748c50a4
Very narrow view from Dermie about what makes a forward great. Tex doesn't crash packs, so he's not in the best forwards in the league. He admits Franklin doesn't either, but cause he boots a bag he's better, while ignoring the fact that Tex is 2nd in the league for goal assists and Franklin is 71st.

If he wanted to argue about consistency, I might pay him that one, but he's picking a single flaw and ignoring all the other things Tex does way better than all the other key forwards to make an argument.

Very narrow view from Dermie about what makes a forward great. Tex doesn't crash packs, so he's not in the best forwards in the league. He admits Franklin doesn't either, but cause he boots a bag he's better, while ignoring the fact that Tex is 2nd in the league for goal assists and Franklin is 71st.

If he wanted to argue about consistency, I might pay him that one, but he's picking a single flaw and ignoring all the other things Tex does way better than all the other key forwards to make an argument.
Yeah so Franklin doesn't have to crash packs and jump but the guy whose had a knee reconstruction it should be his priority HAHA, clueless. Agree sometimes he still needs to more but if Jenkins or Gov can get there too it's not all about Tex.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dermot gives chapter and verse on Tex.

Apparently Tex needs to be more crash bash, Derm reckons he plays like a big flanker.

Funny - I remember calling Dermot a Big Flanker on more than one occasion.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/714460842a6b27913be43432748c50a4

I can't read the article because paywall, but I agree with the general sentiment and disagree with the notion that 'Tex does all these other things to create scoreboard pressure so it's OK he doesn't crash packs and bring the ball to ground or chase with much impact'.

Those other things he does and crashing packs are not mutually exclusive and he should be doing both. He can have all the score assists he likes but when he doesn't impact the contest, the opposition mark the ball and slingshot it back over our heads and score over the top of our midfield who just ran the ball down to him. When he's crashing packs and impacting contests, he's a much better player overall and warrants the oppositions 1st or 2nd best defender. When he isn't, they can easily get away with putting a mid size player on him and sending someone bigger to Jenkins or Gov, because they know he usually doesn't have an impact if they get the ball in their D50.

Need 2012 Semi and Preliminary Final Tex to show up.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...t/news-story/5c12a11a8a20a9d1b03348a1679bb0a3
Walker leads the competition in scoreboard impact, illustrating the enormous influence he has on games.

Walker’s 484 points (six points are awarded for a goal and goal assist and one point for a behind and behind assist) are 30 clear of his closest rival, Sydney superstar forward and triple Coleman Medallist Lance Franklin.

Based purely on statistics, Champion Data ranks Walker as elite for a key forward in goals (2.6 average), score assists (2.1), score involvements (8.7) and groundball-gets inside 50 (2.3) and above average for disposals (15.6), marks (6.3), contested marks (1.5), marks inside 50 (2.7) and forward half pressure points (21.3).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back