Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
COVID - There, I said it!

As we currently watch the way things are playing out in other major sporting leagues like the EPL and NBA, Covid has the ability to turn the upcoming 2022 Supercoach season on its head. The player bubbles from previous years will be gone. There's nothing to protect us from its wrath!

Not only will the party goer type players be at significant risk but likewise players who have kids that regularly attend day care/ school etc as these places will be a hive of virus activity! Then there's the McGowan factor... maybe come February, he will completely lose his mind and basically withdraw West Coast and Fremantle from the competition for the year by further alienating WA from the rest of the world! You might think that's going a bit too far, but is it? If you can think of any players that have no kids and no life, please let me know!

No doubt, the weekly Covid melts are going to be delicious and plentiful with many a POTY candidate!

So, how do you plan to navigate this?

F*ck COVID is the logical answer but also DPP players, warm bodies on the bench are going to be more critical than ever. Not blowing trades on Covid players will also be key (no doubt I will fail miserably at this).

Last edited:
COVID - There, I said it!

As we currently watch the way things are playing out in other major sporting leagues like the EPL and NBA, Covid has the ability to turn the upcoming 2022 Supercoach season on its head. The player bubbles from previous years will be gone.

Not only will the party goer type players be at significant risk but likewise players who have kids that regularly attend day care/ school etc as these places will be a hive of virus activity! Then there's the McGowan factor... maybe come February, he will completely lose his mind and basically withdraw West Coast and Fremantle from the competition for the year by further alienating WA from the rest of the world! You might think that's going a bit too far, but is it? If you can think of any players that have no kids and no life, please let me know!

No doubt, the weekly Covid melts are going to be delicious and plentiful with many a POTY candidate!

So, how do you plan to navigate this?

F*ck COVID is the logical answer but also DPP players, warm bodies on the bench are going to be more critical than ever. Not blowing trades on Covid players will also be key (no doubt I will fail miserably at this).
this is a massive factor in my Luke Jackson pick. There's only 2 rucks and cover is a lot harder to get so having an R/F is useful. Say Darcy gets Covid for example, people will either cop a donut, use a trade or play a ruck rookie if there is one, None are ideal so being able to get an 80-odd score and save a trade will be a huge win.

I'll try to have as much dpp as possible, especially with rookies and I honestly wouldn't bother with a set loophole player at any time in the season.

this is a massive factor in my Luke Jackson pick. There's only 2 rucks and cover is a lot harder to get so having an R/F is useful. Say Darcy gets Covid for example, people will either cop a donut, use a trade or play a ruck rookie if there is one, None are ideal so being able to get an 80-odd score and save a trade will be a huge win.

I'll try to have as much dpp as possible, especially with rookies and I honestly wouldn't bother with a set loophole player at any time in the season.

I agree we will need more Dual position players because we might need to be swinging players around more than normal.

You don't navigate it.

You hope your players don't cop it.

You abuse Timmy Mitchell on Twitter when they do and he doesn't give you extra trades.

You don't log in for 2 weeks

?¿??

You trade in Luke Jackson because you've seen Frosty's 67102667th post about him and think, "yeah, maybe he's right".

You create the 2023 planning thread.

You don't navigate it.

You abuse Timmy Mitchell on Twitter when they do and he doesn't give you extra trades.

?¿??

You trade in Luke Jackson because you've seen Frosty's 67102667th post about him and think, "yeah, maybe he's right".

you're right, i need to talk about Luke Jackson more

Welcome back mate.
this is early for you.

Cheers mate.

I came back early last year too, the competitive juices (alcohol) is flowing.

I am determined to finish top 100 this year and do a personal best.

A lot of alcohol, giving Here2tellyouwhy crap and a bit of luck of course while doing a few roughies for the lolz.

Anyone play NBA fantasy? Would be impossible to dodge all the landmines in that format, has been crazy with all the players out on protocols.

Cheers mate.

I came back early last year too, the competitive juices (alcohol) is flowing.

I am determined to finish top 100 this year and do a personal best.

A lot of alcohol, giving Here2tellyouwhy crap and a bit of luck of course while doing a few roughies for the lolz.
I want to Roughie. I will Roughie. But still I fell I can never Roughie like I did the year I went Lyjett to the Hoff several times.

I want to Roughie. I will Roughie. But still I fell I can never Roughie like I did the year I went Lyjett to the Hoff several times.

You just had to outdo me kentie but you are one of my finest students of the roughie so there's no shame in that.

It was a joy to behold in seeing the roughie masterpiece you created with the endless Hoff and Lycett in, outs and in's.

Anyone play NBA fantasy? Would be impossible to dodge all the landmines in that format, has been crazy with all the players out on protocols.
You think AFL is gonna be different.

Strap ya self in kenties. 2022 is gonna be more lit than Judd_Magic Hai_Newman toxic NSWCROW Obese Arachnid rocker_oz33 Here2tellyouwhy pulpdriver Antonio BlueVein Gresh_Magic Raveneyes Test Tickle Thuggee_Cult buttox Kadog Nelso SavDog23 @ @ ahh * even OhhhhhCyril might show up

s**t is gonna go off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Covid is a campaigner

Im just a bigger campaigner

Come at me Covid you piece of sh*t :moustache:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You don't navigate it.

?¿??

I can't abuse him , he's already blocked me... :moustache: on Twitter.

I abuse him on BF .

He logs in to BF sees my posts .
Crys himself to sleep....:moustache::rainbow:.

No extra trades for me.

At Least I don't don't have to see that pencil neck Kent Mitchell every fooking day...
Only a head a mother could love.

Got a mate that does, i seem to track it more than he does.

Reckon i've sent him about 20 " such-and-such DNP " messages so far this season.

He copped like 3 last week, Giannis, Durant and Doncic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back