Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
My guess that after dealing with 2 years that fitness coaches around the league would have a plan in place for players to train in isolations.

Please don’t talk logically around here. 😀

1642037381428.gif

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Yep, approx 3-4 months immunity after you catch Covid ….. so better to catch now

We’re 3 months away from season start though….. a lot of water to go under the bridge ….. frankly i’m not worried about the season being too heavily impacted
Ive had covid 11 times.

First case was 2014.

Explains a lot doesnt it...

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wait I'm confused by that one... are they not having their pre-seasons disrupted or are they missing 2 weeks?

I suppose my concern is not how many weeks they will miss, but what condition they will be in when they do resume training. Will they be 100%? 90%? 80%? I just feel like having reduced aerobic capacity could be a bad thing when it comes to high intensity fitness training.

I also don't really agree with people saying "everyone is going to catch it". I think a significant portion of players won't catch it, or will avoid catching it until at least after the season is over. Those are the players I would prefer to have. Though obviously... kinda hard to pick who those might be.

Finally, the idea of "it's better to have them catch it earlier than later" I feel doesn't really work because people can catch it multiple times. A player who gets it early can still just as easily get it later on during the season as well. It's not like it's just out of the way and they can never catch it again.

Going by NBA, NFL and the BBL over here, players coming back from covid protocols seem fine when they've returned after a couple of weeks.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Going by NBA, NFL and the BBL over here, players coming back from covid protocols seem fine when they've returned after a couple of weeks.
The worry is we seem to get a new variant every 12 months.
The next might be worse than Omicron.
Hell it might make Roses grow out your back side.
We just don't know.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Are those sports comparable to AFL though? A lot of AFL players are basically distance runners with good hand eye co-ordination. Surely a virus that effects the respiratory system is more significant than the american sports where some of the players wouldn't cover the distance in a season that an AFL player does in a game.

Time will tell I guess.

Are those sports comparable to AFL though? A lot of AFL players are basically distance runners with good hand eye co-ordination. Surely a virus that effects the respiratory system is more significant than the american sports where some of the players wouldn't cover the distance in a season that an AFL player does in a game.

Time will tell I guess.
Yeah this, I’d be more interested in a comparison with soccer if anything.

Feb 18, 2017
Wurundjeri Land
AFL Club
Richmond
Natural immunity FTW. Clubs are going to keep that info on the down low, but it would be handy to have a list of which players have already had the Rona prior to Rd1.
Half the players infected will probably have “long COVID”. And we probably won’t be able to work out which players it is until they’ve been in our sides for a few weeks.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Half the players infected will probably have “long COVID”. And we probably won’t be able to work out which players it is until they’ve been in our sides for a few weeks.

For sure, can see clubs playing down severity of individual cases by listing the standard 1-2week protocol timeline for every player.

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal

It seems we will at least get an outline of what the plans are for the season ahead prior to Round 1.

That's all we ask, everyone's always gonna argue over what changes should happen, but at the very least we should know what they will be prior to the start of the season!

One thing I really think Supercoach should consider is making ALL Rookie players that have not played any games make them Tri-position Def/Mid/Fwd that would give at least a small option to swing them around easier when covid cases arise.

Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
One thing I really think Supercoach should consider is making ALL Rookie players that have not played any games make them Tri-position Def/Mid/Fwd that would give at least a small option to swing them around easier when covid cases arise.

👍
Interesting thought. Would make teams very vanilla potentially.

Feb 12, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
That's a lot of Swinging! ;)

Top 30 Groovy Baby GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers

It seems we will at least get an outline of what the plans are for the season ahead prior to Round 1.

That's all we ask, everyone's always gonna argue over what changes should happen, but at the very least we should know what they will be prior to the start of the season!

Unlimited trades but only if they are all Roughie Manoeuvres :moustache:

Everyone would start 0-0-8 fwd lines.
In theory sounds good, would actually just make teams even more similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back