Mod. Notice We need your Input about the board.

State of the Punting Board.

• I hate it. ( Explain why )

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellow punters we are asking all forum members to give us some feedback about the state of the Punting board. We would be grateful if you would take a few moments to vote in the poll, but more importantly post your thoughts about how things are going. Anything is fair game - the moderators, the quality of the discussion, the amount of traffic, the forum structure, etc. Voting is useful, but we are most interested in ways you think the Punting Board can be improved -- what we are doing right or wrong, and your thoughts generally about your use of this forum.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide and we will not butt in at all unless rules are broken and it gets abusive etc.

P.S Go for your lives say what you want but also refrain from calling other posters out please as it just starts fights and arguing. If you have problems with other users P.M those thoughts through to us and we will work on them.

Thread will run for 7 Days and then closed when any issues will be addressed.

Thanks,

Chism
balmainforever

Only thing I can think that would be an improvement is the format of the opening posts of each round thread. Could a set format be used, including games, odds, lines (both current at time of posting), game locations, times etc. Then discussion follows that opening post.

Would be handy to be able to refer back to a set format for information such as opening odds and lines for each round. I think it's great people start round threads, but I think a standard way in which it is posted could be really useful.

This is only a minor annoyance though.

I would love to see a consistent opening post for AFL rounds as well. I often refer back to it to see opening prices and lines. I already do some web scraping to get this info so happy to volunteer, especially if I can auto-post :).

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

I'll post more thoughts later but one thing I did notice is that the NBA thread here was virtually dead and it wasn't until the end of the season that i discovered there was an 800 page thread about betting on NBA over on the basketball forum. Would be good if we could consolidate these somehow

Only thing I can think that would be an improvement is the format of the opening posts of each round thread. Could a set format be used, including games, odds, lines (both current at time of posting), game locations, times etc. Then discussion follows that opening post.

Would be handy to be able to refer back to a set format for information such as opening odds and lines for each round. I think it's great people start round threads, but I think a standard way in which it is posted could be really useful.

This is only a minor annoyance though.

I also agree with this

Think its pretty much fine - traffic waxes and wanes over various sports as thier peak season arrives but that is to be expected.

My only complaint would be that mods aren't quick enough to warn/ban posters who after-time their bets which is a pet hate. They add nothing to the board and would have no issue with them being insta banned.

Think the format and everything is as fine as can be, and I disagree with pleas for more in-depth OPs in regards to round betting. H2H price, line, stats, synopsis and an opinion on which games offer value is fine and all done well.

One thing I like about the Punting board is that there is no hostility toward other posters, it's very vibrant and of good nature, and people are always willing to help out.

aside from some unpleasantness in the first half of the year that has disappeared, it's in pretty good shape. i still think this board was at its best when banter was highest and when genuinely stupid things posted got called out but that's a battle i've fought and lost. agree with iluvparis re the after timing stuff

Agree with the aftertiming point raised above but that is generally well controlled on this board. My other gripe is people posting lines which are not available at the time of posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back