Streaming We Own This City

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to this. I see Binge has a fair amount of David Simon's catalogue, just finished The Deuce (again), love that show & about to start Treme.

https://binge.com.au/collection-david-simon-binge-centre!Qw582o4OeX

Treme was a fantastic series. Many highs and just as many lows. Some great performances especially by John Goodman and Khandi Alexander.
It was more of a doco on Katrina than anything else. Many of the characters were playing themselves which added to the genuine theme of the show.
In the top five for me.

BTW, Wendell Pierce made a doco on Katrina which was great viewing in itself.

Not sure I'm buying into it. Seen it before, done better on The Wire. The Police Commander conference, Orlandos'. Tough cops beating up on innocent civilians...

Sgt Lansman who has been promoted to Police Commissioner, Poot who is now a detective in a county nearby, Marlo Stansfield plus Chris Clapton, Detective Herc as President of the Police Union plus I am sure there are others.

Certainly the GTTF was hard to realise they were cops.

The one interesting thing was the aftermath of the Freddie Gray death in Police custody and the effect on the Baltimore Police Department seems to be well portrayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't watched this yet, but if I hadn't come late to The Wire and known it's rep beforehand I definitely would have given it up after an ep or two due to the pace. So glad I didn't though.

I think I'll give this one a while to see whether the consensus deems it worth pushing through early on with my short attention span.

I've enjoyed this show so far. I really, really like the opening theme too

There are a couple of drawbacks though. It's obviously a very ambitious project to fit all this stuff into 6 one-hour episodes. The switching back-and-forth between timelines makes it harder to follow than it needs to be.

I also don't like that it seems like there are already 2 different characters who exist mainly to explain things to the audience. I would have preferred they use a narrator.

It's still good though, and great to see some familiar faces.

I knew this was "based on a True Story", but didn't realise they used real names. Here is what the GTTF8 look like in real life:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back