Autopsy We pissed it in v the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

yes, but that still doesn't mean he was more influential than at least 4-5 other swans players were in earning sydney the win (with heeney best on ground)
I agree. I didn't see an impact on the game commensurate with Daicos' volume of disposals. He's clean with the ball but he should be. when he gets most of his possessions on the outside. He doesn't bring great pressure, sacrifice for his teammates, put his body on the line, wrestle the ball to advantage or do the many small but important team things.

Daicos' greatest skill seems to be conning the umpires, eg, milking dodgy frees and picking up Brownlow votes. I'd put him behind five or six Swans in this game, but the umpires will probably give him the two or even three votes. Ironically, the fact that he's one of the few Pies who is still playing well makes him stand out and will probably garner him even more Brownlow votes this year.

I agree. I didn't see an impact on the game commensurate with Daicos' volume of disposals. He's clean with the ball but he should be. when he gets most of his possessions on the outside. He doesn't bring great pressure, sacrifice for his teammates, put his body on the line, wrestle the ball to advantage or do the many small but important team things.

Daicos' greatest skill seems to be conning the umpires, eg, milking dodgy frees and picking up Brownlow votes. I'd put him behind five or six Swans in this game, but the umpires will probably give him the two or even three votes. Ironically, the fact that he's one of the few Pies who is still playing well makes him stand out and will probably garner him even more Brownlow votes this year.
surely no chance he gets three

Naicos needs greater strength and like all players has heaps to work on. He is not a ducking Ginnipig tho he (and Errol) need to be careful about staging.

Sure the kid is hyped up to a ridiculous level but he has heaps of talent and footy IQ and every other team in the comp would want him.

He is now copping a ridiculous level of kicking.

Crazy and unfair in my book.

Naicos needs greater strength and like all players has heaps to work on. He is not a ducking Ginnipig tho he (and Errol) need to be careful about staging.

Sure the kid is hyped up to a ridiculous level but he has heaps of talent and footy IQ and every other team in the comp would want him.

He is now copping a ridiculous level of kicking.

Crazy and unfair in my book.
Spot on Horace.

I've been sick of hearing about Daicos in the media, but it's now got to a point where I'm hearing more about him from disgruntled and, let's be honest, envious fans than I ever did in the media.

Gotta let it go.

I've got no problem with Daigos and sex pest McGooey being taken down a peg or two. The media need to take them down, wipe off their pedestals and install some genuine stars in their place, like Gulden, Heeney or Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back