Roast We should be celebrating now.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's almost 5pm on Grand Final day. Collingwood leads Richmond by 23 points. The siren sounds and the crows erupts, wild scenes of jubilation, tears of joy. The 16th flag has been won. Nathan runs onto the field, he heads straight for Pendles. They hug, in a really manly way. Steele grabs Matilda out of the crowd and places her in the cup. She raises her tiny fist in triumph.

At least that's what would of happened if Rona had not stuffed everything up.

It's almost 5pm on Grand Final day. Collingwood leads Richmond by 23 points. The siren sounds and the crows erupts, wild scenes of jubilation, tears of joy. The 16th flag has been won. Nathan runs onto the field, he heads straight for Pendles. They hug, in a really manly way. Steele grabs Matilda out of the crowd and places her in the cup. She raises her tiny fist in triumph.

At least that's what would of happened if Rona had not stuffed everything up.

And the next day the unwashed media masses want Steele charged with child abuse, Eddie faces charges for drinking with his son at the celebratory night out and the umpires make a late in the back call to the Tiggers Jack Reiwoldt, who has dislocated his back the day before in a Louganis style dive, and award an unprecedented 4 goal Supergoal and we lose by a point ☹️

Yeh sure... Typical Collingwood supporter always have a convenient reason and hard luck story for not succeeding. Now it's corona virus I've heard it all.
Does that make you an atypical supporter?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the dickhead Richmond drongos laughing at the OP. Morons.

Speaking of morons.....that highlighted statement is what is known as an oxybuckley. 😁😁

When combined with the preceding word it would be something more like a dioxymoron.

You pastry supporters are now getting creative with words, I like it. 👍

Oh come on. Where's your sense of humour ? You have to admit it was pretty funny. Esp the bit about the Crows erupting ! Lol
Don’t have one when it comes to you.

ahem.....we beat carltoooon in '73

Correct ro. But only after coming from 6 goals behind to knock the hapless Pies off in the Preliminary Final by 7 points in what I thought was a renowned victory. It was one of the few times the Pies decided to choke a premiership chance in the prelim rather than the Grand Final. Many Collingwood supporters still cannot let this go as you see above with our friend jmac. 😁

Pies had finished two games clear on top of the ladder to take out one of their many prefinalships as well, making it all the sweeter. 😉

Here is a link to the match in question. Note the half time 6 goal lead to the tradgepies. 😭

Last edited:
Correct ro. But only after coming from 6 goals behind to knock the hapless Pies off in the Preliminary Final by 7 points in what I thought was a renowned victory. It was one of the few times the Pies decided to choke a premiership chance in the prelim rather than the Grand Final. Many Collingwood supporters still cannot let this go as you see above with our friend jmac. 😁

Pies had finished two games clear on top of the ladder to take out one of their many prefinalships as well, making it all the sweeter. 😉

Here is a link to the match in question. Note the half time 6 goal lead to the tradgepies. 😭

You folks are having a mighty good run in recent times, and I wouldn't be surprised if you won the big prize again this year. Can't you just be a little bit humble?! I'd have thought that after 35 odd years of seeing your club do bugger all that might be a reasonable approach?!

This is the Collingwood board guys, kindly * right off.

You folks are having a mighty good run in recent times, and I wouldn't be surprised if you won the big prize again this year. Can't you just be a little bit humble?! I'd have thought that after 35 odd years of seeing your club do bugger all that might be a reasonable approach?!

Well I would ordinarily see that as great advice. Like, yes, we do need to remember the difficult and frustrating times and how it felt for us, and remember to be gracious and humble. It is hard to disagree with that.

So if the Dalai Lama, or maybe, you know, Nelson Mandela, or perhaps the footballing bastion of humility forged over more than 100 years of uber humiliation, a Bulldogs supporter, pointed out to us that we should be humble, then we might be humble.

But you, sir, are a Collingwood supporter, and therein lies.....

Well I would ordinarily see that as great advice. Like, yes, we do need to remember the difficult and frustrating times and how it felt for us, and remember to be gracious and humble. It is hard to disagree with that.

So if the Dalai Lama, or maybe, you know, Nelson Mandela, or perhaps the footballing bastion of humility forged over more than 100 years of uber humiliation, a Bulldogs supporter, pointed out to us that we should be humble, then we might be humble.

But you, sir, are a Collingwood supporter, and therein lies.....
That's a very interesting response, and thanks for making it a polite one!! I don't live in Victoria, never have, and despite having been a Collingwood supporter for more than 50 years I don't have the anti-Carlton, Essendon and Richmond attitude that most people around here will have!

I'm not your typical Collingwood supporter, or at least I don't think I am! Most of us here are pretty reasonable, and I don't know why you think it's okay to be rude to me/us (referring to that last sentence)!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back