We should sue noble/luff et al for this s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Also brad Scott’s last off season is where s**t started hitting the fan

The muppets got Polec, Pittard, hall and Tyson

And even tried throwing big money at a washed outside runner in gaff
Missing out on Gaff was a blessing, even if it was due to incompetence.

Bit harsh on Noble. He inherited a circus of list decisions and his main error was not pulling the recruiters into line during the 2021 trade period.

By 2022 it was too late.

Based on current results I'm not sure we can really get a handle on Noble's coaching. Not sure he was going to blossom into Norm Smith but maybe he could've posted decent results had he inherited a decent, balanced list with a few competitors and leaders.

Covered it before but - check out the lists left to Laidley and Scott vs Noble.

Clarkson is showing that even um, Alastair Clarkson, can't suddenly turn this lot into anything resembling a quality team.
Yeah but Noble bad

Bit harsh on Noble. He inherited a circus of list decisions and his main error was not pulling the recruiters into line during the 2021 trade period.

By 2022 it was too late.

Based on current results I'm not sure we can really get a handle on Noble's coaching. Not sure he was going to blossom into Norm Smith but maybe he could've posted decent results had he inherited a decent, balanced list with a few competitors and leaders.

Clarkson is showing that even um, Alastair Clarkson, can't suddenly turn this lot into anything resembling a quality team.
I think he is absolutely culpable he didn’t keep that recruiting class in check , he couldn’t connect with his players, he couldn’t improve any player on the list

Sure he’s not the only one but he should wear sone blame

I was having the annual discussion with Mrs Gaso about why we’re still garbage

I said well if you get access to 18 year olds they come good by 23-24

We went and counted those years back to 2015-2016-2017

It wasn’t Nobles in charge
He wasn’t then but he certainly left the club in a worse spot than he entered

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not sure blaming Noble for the poor list management over the past 5-6 years achieves very much, after the last 3 weeks we know our list is in bad shape
Clarkson I would think knows how to rebuild the list I wouldn’t be surprised half the guys on the list are gone within 3 years, it will take time to get it right.

like Ahern?

It shits me seeing players move clubs and do really well, except when they come to North.
Ahern, Hine and Bonar.

We had three goes and unless Bonar shows us something in the next three months that we haven’t seen up until now then that’s three strikes.

Mirrors our record in the MSD, I’d say there’s a pattern here.

But Turner is a senior regular with over 100 games experience.

Turner was rightfully contracted until end of 2018. If he was delisted then we would have had 5 picks in the draft. Our last pick that year was Crocker at pick 69. I doubt very much we would have gotten a player that would have gone on to 50-60 games if drafted after Crocker.
The fact that Turner is on the list, be it main or rookie, is all the proof you need, to confirm our list management, is the worst in the comp.

What other afl team would have Turner on the list? Name one?

Could have had Kade Chandler or M. Chol,and others. They offer more....

If you keep turning the list over, it's like panning for gold. The more you do it, the more chance you strike gold.

The fact that Turner is on the list, be it main or rookie, is all the proof you need, to confirm our list management, is the worst in the comp.

What other afl team would have Turner on the list? Name one?

Could have had Kade Chandler or M. Chol,and others. They offer more....

If you keep turning the list over, it's like panning for gold. The more you do it, the more chance you strike gold.
Melbourne

By 2022 it was too late.

Except in those first couple of games.

Aherns guts got in the way of his AFL career.
His lack of fitness was on Scott, al clarko would have made or broke Ahern.

Wasn't Amafrio assisting us with recruiting as well? Gee he was good, could do anything.

Except in those first couple of games.

He did ferbs. Wasn't judging Clarkson as much as saying the current run of form suggests the playing list/group had a huge say in finishing Noble off ~ it's hard to assess how good a coach he really could've been.

I don't subscribe to a lot of the booting he's copped on here post leaving and I'm usually very happy to point out past coach failings. But jury will remain perpetually out, he started and ended with both hands tied behind his back.

He did ferbs. Wasn't judging Clarkson as much as saying the current run of form suggests the playing list/group had a huge say in finishing Noble off ~ it's hard to assess how good a coach he really could've been.

I don't subscribe to a lot of the booting he's copped on here post leaving and I'm usually very happy to point out past coach failings. But jury will remain perpetually out, he started and ended with both hands tied behind his back.
Fair enough.

Clarkson has had to deal with alot this year tho. Losing the guys that made the midfield work. Not having any tall defenders against the side with last two Coleman medalists. Not the greatest list to begin with. He's done okay considering.

But at the same time you can see a similarity between how they played under Noble once the season got going and how they play atm.

Its like they're really struggling with the set up of these zones. Which is what seemed to happen under Noble as well. To busy thinking about what to do next and missing whats happening around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back