Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy = Thanos
P Moore = Thor

He hasn't been anything special the last three weeks. Wills had one moment in the end and that was it. But one moment isn't worthy of a senior spot.
I am still waiting for my moment, not in sport, because that's never happened or about to happen, but in life. But I guess a moment is not necessarily representative of the bigger picture, or in Will's case, a football career. He was certainly no De Goey overhead, dropping several marks fired his way that De Goey would have gleefully seized, but perhaps he is unfairly judged playing out of his midfield role. I thought he was better than Magden on who Reid seemed to kick the majority of his goals. Hopefully today is the first and last time this season that he has to be used at AFL level.

Moore was a champion who was ahead of his time, but Grundy, geeze!!!

I keep telling myself not to over do it, but every week he just dominates. I think he might just end up the best player I've seen in a Collingwood jumper, and that's all the way from Thommo to Pendles. God I hope he stays.

Grundy is a a champion but Moore could go to FF and kick 8!

Its the one area of Grundys game that has big room for improvement dropping forward and getting a few goals. He's great defensively and in ruck.

I think the Grundy hype is getting a little over the top. he is our best player, one of the best in the comp and played an excellent game tonight, a big reason why we won. however, he was getting credit when tapping it to nobody tonight and Sinclair is hardly one of the top rucks in the comp. Thought Pendles was our best player.

Grundy actually had some great connection tonight and on top of that attended 100 stoppages for 60 odd win rate (according to Channel 7 post game). he was huge.

You obviously didn’t see Peter Moore play, he was playing the Ruck/follower position like nobody before him. In terms of an extra on baller he was one of the first. Btw it was 2 Brownlows so I’m sorry Grundy not close yet.

People forgetting what P.Moore did in front of goal as well. Grundy has shown no signs of being a scoreboard threat yet.

You want him to add lots of upper body weight so he can wrestle better?

Err well that will impact his acceleration and agility.

Obviously he is young and will get stronger over time, but I think the lean body type works best for him. Makes him light and zippy

Err... I believe i have had this argument with you and proven you wrong many times before. It is a myth, bigger (within reason) equals slower. Also I'd like an even weight distribution not just upper body but its certainly important to having a balanced strong body.

It will improve his acceleration. Agility relies on flexibility and quick small steps, so long as he stretches well and does some agility work he will keep it.

If your wrong assumption was right:oops:, sprinters would be built like marathon runners (like Jayden currently) but instead they are built like brick s**t houses as power = Speed.

Err... I believe i have had this argument with you and proven you wrong many times before. It is a myth, bigger (within reason) equals slower. Also I'd like an even weight distribution not just upper body but its certainly important to having a balanced strong body.

It will improve his acceleration. Agility relies on flexibility and quick small steps, so long as he stretches well and does some agility work he will keep it.

If your wrong assumption was right:oops:, sprinters would be built like marathon runners (like Jayden currently) but instead they are built like brick **** houses as power = Speed.

I'm talking about acceleration over the 1st few metres, not maximum speed running in a straight line, two very different things. I believe his light frame helps his acceleration over the first few metres and agility which is crucial to his leading and marking in the forward 50. Yes, obviously more weight will increase his maximum top speed in theory.

I'm talking about acceleration over the 1st few metres, not maximum speed running in a straight line, two very different things. I believe his light frame helps his acceleration over the first few metres and agility which is crucial to his leading and marking in the forward 50. Yes, obviously more weight will increase his maximum top speed in theory.

Will increase his "explosion" too which effects his 20m time. Its actually where he would see most increase.

Moore had blonde hair and ankle straps....flashy! Grundy is a battering ram, a gladiator, a one man clearance machine. He'd take Peter Moore after a few contests. Moore was great....but this bloke's something completely different.
Rob you are going too early here. Grundy has enormous potential but he hasn't shown yet he is Moores equal. Moore could kick bags of 7 or 8 as a young forward. Could kick 76 goals in a season and then become a ruckman who won 2 Brownlow. As much as Grundy plays as an extra mid it was Moore who defined that role. Thommo and Moore are the 2 best I have seen at Collingwood. Thommo redefined the ruck role by becoming the mobile big man but then Moore came and redefined things by being a star forward who then became the 1st ruckman who was also a follower/mid.

Grundy has the potential to reach their level or maybe even pass it but that will take time and a lot of excellence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect the only time I'll bother to watch another Sydney game is when we next play them. I can't express how much I hate watching them serve up that slow, grindy, crap, that drags the opposition down to their level. They're a protected species as far as the AFL's concerned, but geeze they embody everything that's wrong with "the look of the game".

Oh well. Weekend won't suck now.

Other stray thoughts:
  • Basil is a terrible commentator, and seemed like he was barracking for the Swans.
  • Inaccuracy was a shocker, and it will get the better of us sooner or later unless we get on top of it. Game would've been less stressful to watch if we nailed a few more goals.
  • Shame about Wells. He's a gun, and was going so well. I hope it's not the last we see of him in Black & White.
  • Grundy, Pendles, Greenwood, Roughead and Brown all great! Although he gave them a goal directly in front in the 3rd, I thought Aish raised his game when needed too.
  • Umpires were largely inoffensive.
  • Not complaining, but what the hell is going on with Rampe at the moment? Is he secretly crying out for help or something?
  • Reeaaally need some of our outs to come back soon.
  • We tend to either start well, or finish well. It's working so far, but we'd want to start producing more consistent 4-quarter efforts, as this could breed complacency or become an unhealthy habit

Forget all this about the game. Just remember, the 500k they played to recruit mayne, was all about THAT scissor kick!!! #TheMayneMan

Go Pies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ntuq9.gif
You actually wear pants OA?

Last edited:
All the best people say our club is run by a group of extremely stable geniuses. It's true. I mean, just look at our achomlishments so far this year while balancing our injuries. Everyone says to me, Dynamics, your club is doing an incredible job. Just the best. Nobody knows more about winning games than Collingwood. Nobody.

Crazy Tom Harley and Cryin Andrew Pridham can go have bad covfefe with Cheatin Richard Colless in stinky loser town.

Thought this would be tough

We have great depth, even though a couple of those replacements struggled, they did their job, most will make way for our first choice players

Grundy killed it again
Callum Brown will make it and prove to be another valuable addition to our midfield
Thought Pendles was outstanding

Should get a few back next week, but as TradeDraft said, we can still win with lesser lights and that says a lot about our Club

It’s the same story every week, we sit here for two hours and get fired up for not firing on all cylinders (me included), but take it for what it is, a road win in slippery conditions with a less than desirable 22, the important thing is that we won.

You’d like to win more comfortably of course, but we got the job done.
Exactly. We are only as good as the opposition let us, and teams are going ultra defensive against us making the contest ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back