Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

Err... I believe i have had this argument with you and proven you wrong many times before. It is a myth, bigger (within reason) equals slower. Also I'd like an even weight distribution not just upper body but its certainly important to having a balanced strong body.

It will improve his acceleration. Agility relies on flexibility and quick small steps, so long as he stretches well and does some agility work he will keep it.

If your wrong assumption was right:oops:, sprinters would be built like marathon runners (like Jayden currently) but instead they are built like brick **** houses as power = Speed.
I don’t think sprinters are a great comparator. They start once, run only in straight lines, stop once and don’t have to compete for a football.

Adding to my previous post -

of those 2 top ten picks that make it big -

You have to wait at least a year or probably 2 before they are ready to step it up - we were SERIOUSLY lucky with Stevo.

So a couple of top 10 picks who have a 1/5th chance of bombing but who MAY be worth the incredible risk in a couple of years?

NO

NO

A thousand times NO.

Very low energy those Sydney people.

Seriously sat with all these Swans retirees. They didn't barrack all night, and keep shaking their heads and scowling at me, whenever I opened my mouth. Like when the head mistress makes you feel guilty even if you have done something right. It was definitely one of my quieter nights, I can promise that. They were very happy to keep things quiet, even when their team kicked goals. They all walked out early, and said well done afterwards. I said I wouldn't be there next week. One of the old biddies said "thank god for that!". Very strange atmosphere. I can say I have been, but I don't think I'll go again.

P.S. can someone make a GIF with the mayne scissor kick? My mate is a rugby head, and was sceptical about AFL, but fell in love upon Mayney's bit of magic.

Grundy actually had some great connection tonight and on top of that attended 100 stoppages for 60 odd win rate (according to Channel 7 post game). he was huge.

I thought that too watching the Game is that his Taps where going to our players more and had some Delicous taps to Pendles and Wells

A big thank you to Dane Rampe - Dane you delivered when we really needed it - cheers! - PS is the moustache linked to your brain fades?

PPS - that would be a great way to clinch a flag - 50m free right at the end to seal the deal!! - Carry on!

Seriously sat with all these Swans retirees. They didn't barrack all night, and keep shaking their heads and scowling at me, whenever I opened my mouth. Like when the head mistress makes you feel guilty even if you have done something right. It was definitely one of my quieter nights, I can promise that. They were very happy to keep things quiet, even when their team kicked goals. They all walked out early, and said well done afterwards. I said I wouldn't be there next week. One of the old biddies said "thank god for that!". Very strange atmosphere. I can say I have been, but I don't think I'll go again.

P.S. can someone make a GIF with the mayne scissor kick? My mate is a rugby head, and was sceptical about AFL, but fell in love upon Mayney's bit of magic.
good post - that mob just don't understand the game

Just checking, we did win last night?

We are sitting at 8 - 2 ?

Ok, good.

Next is Fremantle.

Keep racking them four points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Brownlow votes would be

3 S Reid
2 B Grundy
1 S Pendlebury

But club B&F votes will be Roughead and Grundy at the top of the list.

Out of curiosity, does winning some sort of medal on game day always translate to 3 brownlow votes?

I know it always seems to for Anzac day but is it the same for lesser games where medals are won?

Thank * for Brodie Grundy, he was simply magnificent - and Scott Pendlebury was a general with ball in hand.

We have issues though, depth issues.

All of Wills, Reid, Magden are certainly not up to it. Whilst at the top end of town Dayne Beams is completely no-where.

Need Moore, De Goey & Adams back in the side ASAP.

First time seeing the team live this year and they delivered the desired result.
Gotta love our fan base. We should get a cut from the AFL for boosting attendances for the Sydney teams.
Watching live you really get to see how well coordinated our back and forwards lines are at helping each other out.
Don’t think we can underestimate what last year’s finals campaign has done for our maturity and self belief when things are tight.
Disappointing that Wells went down. Huge shout out to Levi. He was fantastic covering Langdon’s role. Brown keeps bobbing up at the right time and is growing with every game.
Let’s improve our conversion though.
Go Pies , 8-2 is very nice.

I don’t think sprinters are a great comparator. They start once, run only in straight lines, stop once and don’t have to compete for a football.

Are you trying to tell me that being stronger and faster is going to hinder him competing for a footy?

Jayden adding 10kg to his frame will not athletically or physically impede him in anyway.

And for sprinters as a comparison when we are talking about "losing pace" due to adding lean muscle mass its not only relevant it is utter proof that its a myth.

There is a reason every club in the league has weights programs, I'll give you and kappa a hint it's not so players can get weaker and smaller.

I understand the allure of a gaggle of top picks but seriously ????

In general about 2 picks in the top 10 make it big, 6 are good to fine and 2 are busts.

It's like chook lotto - we have a certified match winning ruckman that other clubs dream about acquiring.

NO AMOUNT of chook lotto picks will compensate for losing him.
I did lead in saying i'd hate to lose. him. but IF** he chooses to go.. then we should be compensated handsomely

How crap is it watching SCG on the TV. The camera pans in too close and it’s like the game is being played in a phone booth.
Also going to games there is crap too, they make you line up for food like a school canteen. If someone is waiting for fresh chips or something to come out it holds up the entire line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back