Toast We triumph over Swans 80-73

Remove this Banner Ad

We probably could find someone of similar quality. I'm just amused how harshly he's getting rated. Howe gets a bag kicked on him and he barely gets mentioned. Madgen concedes 1 and he's the worst player to ever play.

Surely you can't be serious?
Howe is league standard and has played some serious good football.

Madgen will never play good football.

Surely you can't be serious?
Howe is league standard and has played some serious good football.

Madgen will never play good football.
Obviously I'm talking about last night's game in isolation. Which you know, considering we're in a thread reviewing it.

Madgen is about 5th in line as a key defender for us, still outperformed Howe. He'll probably continue to play until Moore is back too.

Obviously I'm talking about last night's game in isolation. Which you know, considering we're in a thread reviewing it.

Madgen is about 5th in line as a key defender for us, still outperformed Howe. He'll probably continue to play until Moore is back too.

5th in line or not---i'd rather give games to Kelly who couldn't do as any worse and he's as skinny as they come.
Goldsack was a far better option to play in defence last night.

I think hes found his spot down back though, unless he's doing a run with role which isn't often anymore. Plays quite well through there shutting down the smalls and is not lacking on courage and grit. His disposal under pressure isnt great though. Aish is another down back that has surprisingly good amount guts, quality disposal and quite reliable which you feel Bucks really values. Not sure if I'm getting off topic..

I think that’s kind of the issue with Greenwood being down back. He can win the ball and goes hard but then you worry about the kick. Lacks a bit of pace to play on quick smalls. His skills suit midfield best.

So Grundy got the ball out to Brown from under the pack.

EDIT: This is an exciting and pivotal goal that I have watched maybe 7 times now (I know I need to get a life) and it irks me that the commentator gives no credit to Grundy who set up the goal with great follow up work on the ground. Well done Brown, you were a revelation to watch running out of the center and booting the goal, but Grundy was magnificent getting the ball out to him on the run. :mad:

Nevertheless, Brown with his opportunism and burst of speed really looks like he could become a long term player for us

Last edited:
JMac nuance has never been a strength of yours. He is tireless but is hack kicking the ball 15 to 20 metres out of packs. He went at under 20% efficiency by foot. Effort is fantastic, but execution is off atm.

We are 8-2 so you might not need to take a 'break' from the board this year for a mental reset.
18% efficiency off 37 disposals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people have issues with Bruce McAvaney as a commentator, and I understand it, but at least he would have given Pendlebury's snap goal the exuberance it deserved. Instead, BT offered as much enthusiasm as if he was ordering a pie from the shop.

Yes, this comfortably fits the definition of a 'First World' problem.

Impressive games from
Aish
Greenwood
Brown
Wells
Normal high standard

Skipper
Grundy
Phillips
Mayne
Roughy
Treleor

Struggling
Howe
Beams
Wills
Whe
Thomas
Magden

Off night
Sidey
Reid
Checkers
Maynard
Stepho

What a awful ground to play footy on
Maynard lol. Kept Papley to 10 touches and no impact when he’s been one of their best.

A lot of people have issues with Bruce McAvaney as a commentator, and I understand it, but at least he would have given Pendlebury's snap goal the exuberance it deserved. Instead, BT offered as much enthusiasm as if he was ordering a pie from the shop.

Yes, this comfortably fits the definition of a 'First World' problem.
Unless it's a four n twenty, I'd be much the same.

Maynard lol. Kept Papley to 10 touches and no impact when he’s been one of their best.

Completely different game on the postage stamp
Completely different use of paply wasn't honoured at all
When playing there especially when buddies playing

Wasn't his best game

Obviously he will make way but we could find better in the state leagues than what he brings to the table....
Maybe. But he doesn’t take up a senior list spot and his payments are outside the salary cap. He was worth taking the punt on.

5th in line or not---i'd rather give games to Kelly who couldn't do as any worse and he's as skinny as they come.
Goldsack was a far better option to play in defence last night.
Sunshine you have a lot to say about a kid who is at best a 3rd tall or bench player, the kid got given one of the biggest assignments in football and came up short.

Not his fault he was selected for the gig but there's always a keyboard warrior ready to bad mouth isn't there?

Some of you make me sick to the stomach

As for you

Ignored.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back