Prediction We will Play Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I would rather Melbourne beat Essendon to be honest. I don't want to lose to Freo and still make it. If we lose this week and still happen to make it, I'll feel like we don't deserve to be there anyway.

2005 was different. I wanted Essendon to beat Melbourne in the last match of the season, as did every Bulldogs supporter. Bloody Bombers let us down that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk about not deserving to play finals if we loose to Freo and happen to still make it. When you look at it we don't deserve it if we loose but I think we can all agree that we deserve it more than Melbourne.
I do think we just need to focus on winning Sundays game because that's more likely to happen than Freo beating us and Dons to beat Melbourne.

All this talk about not deserving to play finals if we loose to Freo and happen to still make it. When you look at it we don't deserve it if we loose but I think we can all agree that we deserve it more than Melbourne.
I do think we just need to focus on winning Sundays game because that's more likely to happen than Freo beating us and Dons to beat Melbourne.

Sure Scott, Bulldogs are Go!

So the way I see it, these are the results that we should be cheering for on the weekend

Eagles to beat Kangaroos
St Kilda to beat GWS
Essendon to beat Dees (I'm about to throw up)
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies

Eagles to beat Kangaroos TICK
St Kilda to beat GWS. TICK
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies

I always believe you can only control your own destiny.

Firstly win this week. If we do we have earned our finals opportunity.

We will not finish top 4 as during the season we have not been consistently good or consistent enough too.

Therefore we play where we play week 1. Win we go on lose we do not. I could not care less about other results, we have no control over those.

This year is more open than most but whoever wins will have earned it. I hope it is us but now it is up to the team. As a supporter I will be cheering us on. Will it help? Who knows. But having followed us through many seasons when we have had no hope at this time of year, yes I am optimistic.

GO DOGGIES!!!!!

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You wonder what happens to GWS from here. Corr already gone, Williams will almost certainly follow. I don't think Jeremy Cameron will leave, think they'll pay whatever it takes to make sure he stays. Perryman could which would be a big loss because hes a versatile type and you'd expect some of the unsigned young guys who can't get a game to leave (Caldwell, Hately, O'Halloran).

Positives for them are that there will be some tough conversations coming up and definitely a change of game plan. They've got more talent than any other team in the comp but they play the most uninspiring, bland style of footy. Richmond's horror 2016 forced some of these changes, so a disastrous year for them might work out for the better in the long term. As much as I might hope for this to be the start of the end for them, their core group are still all in their primes and if their coach actually played to their strengths they'd be a much better team.

Ages at start of next year for their core group

28 - Haynes
27 - Cameron, Greene, Coniglio
26 - Whitfield, Kelly
24 - Hopper
23 - Taranto

They've still got some good young players who will probably step up and will have a good draft hand like they have since their inception. They probably need to look at adding some experienced guys. Ward and Davis are 30 but it feels like an old 30 with both having a fair bit of injury issues over the journey and are banged up a bit, Shaw is 35 and has been s**t for years, Mumford and Jacobs bodies retired years ago and its just their corpses running out. Reid, DeBoer, Keeffe and Lloyd have never been anything but battlers. Will be interesting who they target.

You wonder what happens to GWS from here. Corr already gone, Williams will almost certainly follow. I don't think Jeremy Cameron will leave, think they'll pay whatever it takes to make sure he stays. Perryman could which would be a big loss because hes a versatile type and you'd expect some of the unsigned young guys who can't get a game to leave (Caldwell, Hately, O'Halloran).

Positives for them are that there will be some tough conversations coming up and definitely a change of game plan. They've got more talent than any other team in the comp but they play the most uninspiring, bland style of footy. Richmond's horror 2016 forced some of these changes, so a disastrous year for them might work out for the better in the long term. As much as I might hope for this to be the start of the end for them, their core group are still all in their primes and if their coach actually played to their strengths they'd be a much better team.

Ages at start of next year for their core group

28 - Haynes
27 - Cameron, Greene, Coniglio
26 - Whitfield, Kelly
24 - Hopper
23 - Taranto

They've still got some good young players who will probably step up and will have a good draft hand like they have since their inception. They probably need to look at adding some experienced guys. Ward and Davis are 30 but it feels like an old 30 with both having a fair bit of injury issues over the journey and are banged up a bit, Shaw is 35 and has been sh*t for years, Mumford and Jacobs bodies retired years ago and its just their corpses running out. Reid, DeBoer, Keeffe and Lloyd have never been anything but battlers. Will be interesting who they target.

It’s taken a while, but it’s great that their endless supply of first round picks is drying up unless they let a big fish go

So the way I see it, these are the results that we should be cheering for on the weekend

Eagles to beat Kangaroos
St Kilda to beat GWS
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies

Eagles to beat Kangaroos. TICK
St Kilda to beat GWS. TICK
Essendon to beat Dees (I'm about to throw up) CROSS
Crows to beat Tigers
Swans to beat the Cats
Dogs to beat Dockers
Port to beat Pies

Remove this Banner Ad