We wouldn’t, would we?

Clarko

• **** yeah

Votes: 29 59.2%
  • Hell no

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Does clarko bring in 2 A grade midfielders magically?
With his drawing power it wouldn’t surprise me if he was able to get one. Won’t happen though obviously but yeah I’m now in the camp something needs to be done both with the coaching and/or staff and the playing list.

Wrong thread but I’ve come round to McStay and Darcy both leaving and using that money on another mid. If Neale opts to leave this year it’s paramount we bring in at least another one on top of Ashcroft.

With his drawing power it wouldn’t surprise me if he was able to get one. Won’t happen though obviously but yeah I’m now in the camp something needs to be done both with the coaching and/or staff and the playing list.

Wrong thread but I’ve come round to McStay and Darcy both leaving and using that money on another mid. If Neale opts to leave this year it’s paramount we bring in at least another one on top of Ashcroft.
I wasnt a huge fan of Shack but I hope teh weight of expecatation isnt put on Ashcroft as it was for Shack, someone I desperately want to be a lion - Ashcroft that is.

Fagan's not the problem
I don't think he's the root, but I do wish he'd mix things up a bit from time to time when we have obvious deficiencies being exploited by good teams.

Fagan's not the problem and Clarkson's not the solution.
Not sure who it was - maybe Jed - but it was said earlier that the boys were really up for it tonight - not from where Im sitting - and Im not syaing Clarkson is the answer, I dont know footy well enough to noif he is a solution, probably not, but Fagan is a massive part of the problem in my view - has been slow to react in games to when issues are happening and naming a debutant and Kai in blockbuster games on debuts says to me that there are problems - is it Fagan, I dont know, but something not right. It is also evident guys like Lyons are almost done yet are persited with.

Surely the club new we were going to get beaten tonight - I actually thought it was really obvious 24 hours ago we would get beat by 5-6 goals but 10 goals on national stage when the likes of Swans Dockers and Pies can beat Dees and this is the best we can do - yikes. will be another straight set exit this year.

Fagan's not the problem and Clarkson's not the solution.
I believe there’s issues with Fagan’s over reliance on our senior players and reluctance to play young players in main roles.

Went back to Mitch, when his legs are gone.

Keeps picking Lyons, when everyone can see he’s a negative in the midfield outside the centre bounce.

Will select the best of our young mids, then parks them in the forward 50 as defensive forwards, or on a wing, or gives them a defensive midfield role, where they have to man up and can’t hunt the ball.

I believe there’s issues with Fagan’s over reliance on our senior players and reluctance to play young players in main roles.

Went back to Mitch, when his legs are gone.

Keeps picking Lyons, when everyone can see he’s a negative in the midfield outside the centre bounce.

Will select the best of our young mids, then parks them in the forward 50 as defensive forwards, or on a wing, or gives them a defensive midfield role, where they have to man up and can’t hunt the ball.
Was happy to see Dev in the middle nearly full time in that last quarter but noticed he was following Oliver around which makes me nervous he'll get the Berry treatment of being thought of as a tagger.

Was happy to see Dev in the middle nearly full time in that last quarter but noticed he was following Oliver around which makes me nervous he'll get the Berry treatment of being thought of as a tagger.
I would be happy with a hard tag role, if he can properly negate the oppositions best mid, as a starting role, then allowed to win his own ball if we’re pulling away for a win.

I would be happy with a hard tag role, if he can properly negate the oppositions best mid, as a starting role, then allowed to win his own ball if we’re pulling away for a win.
I don't mind that we don't tag from the first bounce, just want to see Neale, Rayner and Dev line up in the middle when the heat is on and we need a mix of power, tackling and ball winning. Hoping the coaching group is just holding that back till we're closer to finals.

NO WAY! End the thread now.

On moto g(30) using BigFooty.com mobile app
At what point is it ok to start having doubts about Fages and his ability to take us to the next level?

He’s been here nearly 6 years now and in that time we’ve won one final. That’s just the reality of it.

I love the guy for what he’s done for our club. We only have to remember back to what 2016 was like. But on the flip side, through the good work that he has done the expectations on the team has grown, to the point where people are rightfully starting to question whether or not his job (and it’s been a bloody good job!) has been achieved.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recruitment of players happens way in advance of the trade period and is totally dependent on long term salary cap and trade asset planning. If Clarko came in after finals I doubt he’d change anything for next year.

Recruitment of players happens way in advance of the trade period and is totally dependent on long term salary cap and trade asset planning. If Clarko came in after finals I doubt he’d change anything for next year.
Yeah, perhaps you’re right. It’s not going to happen anyway tbh so no point thinking to much about it.

Your other point there about salary cap got me thinking back to Swanny’s comment last night. I swear I heard him say we were a bit tight with the cap which is a worry for any of us believing (or hoping) we might have an A grade mid up our sleeve!

Yeah, perhaps you’re right. It’s not going to happen anyway tbh so no point thinking to much about it.

Your other point there about salary cap got me thinking back to Swanny’s comment last night. I swear I heard him say we were a bit tight with the cap which is a worry for any of us believing (or hoping) we might have an A grade mid up our sleeve!

We brought in Joe on 800k ish. Charlie and Harris got extensions 2 years ago too.

At what point is it ok to start having doubts about Fages and his ability to take us to the next level?

He’s been here nearly 6 years now and in that time we’ve won one final. That’s just the reality of it.

I love the guy for what he’s done for our club. We only have to remember back to what 2016 was like. But on the flip side, through the good work that he has done the expectations on the team has grown, to the point where people are rightfully starting to question whether or not his job (and it’s been a bloody good job!) has been achieved.
Certainly not yet. He has done wonders for the club over the last 6 years. Just personal opinion, bit I think it's disrespectful to Fages to even have the conversation at this point. How long did Dimma Hardwick take to win a flag?

Certainly not yet. He has done wonders for the club over the last 6 years. Just personal opinion, bit I think it's disrespectful to Fages to even have the conversation at this point. How long did Dimma Hardwick take to win a flag?

As Johnny Bananas said it was 7 for Dimma. Now I personally don’t believe we have a flag in us in the next 18 months however that is obviously just personal opinion but that would take Fages to 7 himself.

As I said no one can ever doubt what he has done for the club. **** knows where we would be if we made a different call at the end of 2016 but that doesn’t mean we should settle for “we are making finals every year, we were crap before so it’s all ok”. We also can’t be wed to the idea that because Fages is a great bloke, he’s exempt from criticism or pressure.

As an aside, the coaching as a whole probably needs a review tbh. We bought Cam Bruce in this year to try and change the midfield up but other than that the coaching staff has been largely the same for a number of years. We talk about Plan B’s, C’s etc, I admit it’s probably hard to change things to much when it’s literally the same voices you’ve heard for years, so hopefully he might make some more changes there during the off-season.

Last edited:
Y Clarko only.........what about Roos..........did wonders for the Dees. Only joking love Fages and look forward to him celebrating his 65th birthday at the helm.

I think some people forget where we were when Fagan took over + to an extent they’ve had to cobble together a list because our list profile at the time was cooked.

Premierships are hard to win. It’s almost a miracle we have been as successful as we have.

I think some people forget where we were when Fagan took over + to an extent they’ve had to cobble together a list because our list profile at the time was cooked.

Premierships are hard to win. It’s almost a miracle we have been as successful as we have.
I don’t believe people forget where we have come from.

I believe more people are realising we have reached our ceiling, and it’s looking more and more likely we’re one or two rungs below the best, and if we don’t win it this year, that’s it, our senior core is done.

Back