List Mgmt. Weak Flog Jake Lever Requests Trade to Melbourne, Causes Player Revolt

Where will Jake Lever end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like the club to point out that players leaving to the club of their choice after 3 years undermines the integrity of the draft system and if that's the case then we need to explore whether the draft system and the salary cap would stand up in court.

If I was Carlton I would screw Adelaide over as well and wait for the Lever picks to be on the table.

Imagine not getting Gibbs and getting nothing for Lever. The year will deliver for the Crows.
Depends what Carlton need to give for Kennedy.

McGovern the obvious choice.

#6 and start in the goalsquare Mitch...the forward line now belongs to you.

Given how cursed the number is he probably does a knee first time he puts it on or leaves as. FA when his current deal is up as the best forward in the comp. of course by that time, the compensation pick no longer exists.

I say burn the bloody thing.

Don't think we need Garlett in our forward line.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Did you watch the GF?

Sure add Gov and Galluci but remove Cameron...we need more speed, closing speed defensively and guys who can create something from nothing when the ball doesn't come in beautifully

That's a terrible sacrifice.

It’s like being in an abusive relationship.
Just have to bight the bullet and take what comes for a better outcome long term.
We’re consistently being abused by the system so we really need to make a stand.

Did you watch the GF?

Sure add Gov and Galluci but remove Cameron...we need more speed, closing speed defensively and guys who can create something from nothing when the ball doesn't come in beautifully

Just don't think he'd fit the duel position mould for AFC and yeah we have Gucc but he'll be more a Douglas replacement long term.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I was Carlton I would screw Adelaide over as well and wait for the Lever picks to be on the table.

Imagine not getting Gibbs and getting nothing for Lever. The year will deliver for the Crows.
It's a worst possible outcome, we need to take the lever picks and spend them almost immediately. Sorry Carlton, we needed those picks for someone else.... like what Geelong did to us some time ago.

Do you think the Bulldog's were genuinely into Lever, or was it all just smoke and mirrors?

I think they were but to be honest as a supporter I don't want players with that type of character playing for my team. They are polarizing figures & can affect team harmony.

I'm all for players earning a good income but I think greed is the main factor here.

I think they were but to be honest as a supporter I don't want players with that type of character playing for my team. They are polarizing figures & can affect team harmony.

I'm all for players earning a good income but I think greed is the main factor here.
Its funny. I thought it was genuine at the time, then later I wondered if Bevo might have been being mischievous. I would assume now you were the club mentioned that pulled out and weren't too happy with the antics. Good decision by the look of it. Think drama has a long way to go yet ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a dog lever is. explains his pathetic efforts and contests for the club late in the year. could have given his crows gear to charity also.

Given how cursed the number is he probably does a knee first time he puts it on or leaves as. FA when his current deal is up as the best forward in the comp. of course by that time, the compensation pick no longer exists.

I say burn the bloody thing.
Isn’t it already at the tip?

Yes, 38 last year and 22 this year. As I said, he's only scored over 22 goals in a season once in his career. Jenkins has kicked 40+ in each of the last 4 seasons. How is that difficult to understand?

We score much more freely in an open attacking system, that creates more opportunities than in a defensive system.

We have seen that we score just as heavily when Jenkins is not in the team as when he is

Ergo he benefits not causes our high scoring

Take 2016 (Watts was injured for much of 2017, though this example still works)

Our offensive was 27.7% higher than Melbourne’s

JJ kicked 62 goals in 24 games
Watts kicked 38 in 22 games

If we extrapolate out to 24 games (42 goals) and adjust for the higher scoring rate that works out to 53 goals in our system

Does that mean Watts would have kicked 53 goals for us? No of course it doesn’t, but it does show the effects of our high scoring system and provides some context

I think it’s very unlikely JJ kicks 40 goals in a much slower less attacking system

I do think in broad terms 38 for Melbourne must be worth about 50 in our system

In 2017 he’s been injured but kicked 22 in 16 games. Take that to 24 games and adjust for scoring and we’re still over 40

I think a decent forward can absolutely kick 40 in our system, a spud like Jenkins can. I don’t think Jenkins could kick 40 for Melbourne or any of the lower scoring outfits

However in truth Watts would be a rich man’s, no an oligarchs Otten like swingman for us not a JJ replacement.

60 goals in 38 games over 2 seasons for Melbourne shows very clearly he can kick goals. Real ones.

Lever → Melbourne
10 → Adelaide
Watts + 27 → Collingwood
Collingwood 2018 1st → Adelaide

Adelaide
IN: 10 + Collingwood 2018 1st
OUT: Lever

Melbourne:
IN: Lever
OUT: 10 + 27 + Watts

Collingwood
IN: Watts + 27
OUT: 2018 1st

Not going to blame Lever for leaving, if the offer is that much greater at Melbourne hard to attack him on that front. Going home is an added bonus on top of the money. Especially if our initial offer was insufficient, would have swayed his thinking.

Not happy with how he's played it though, the lies once again are so frustrating as a supporter. Don't tell us it's exclusively for family reasons, what rubbish. We know it's for money, we're not stupid. The TV interview also reeks of arrogance and self importance.

Never going to be happy about another player departing but respect can be obtained on how you depart.

Its a tough decision to make. If we fold here, we will send a strong message that we are easy pickings for every Victorian Club that wants Vic kids in our squad.

ffs why hasnt any Club come after 400kay?????

They have and he's the poster boy of sometimes it's much better to let a player go then pay what it takes to keep him.

He got that 400k because of Melbourne's interest.

Yes and I wanted him at the time.

Perfect replacement for Charlie in terms of forward speed.

Galluci and co can replace the work further afield.

Got to blood Gallucci first, and give him a season to really get accustomed to playing 24-5 AFL games, and defensive forward is a perfect position for that at the start.

Season 3 and 4 is when we look at moving him into being a midfielder.

Lever → Melbourne
10 → Adelaide
Watts + 27 → Collingwood
Collingwood 2018 1st → Adelaide

Adelaide
IN: 10 + Collingwood 2018 1st
OUT: Lever

Melbourne:
IN: Lever
OUT: 10 + 27 + Watts

Collingwood
IN: Watts + 27