List Mgmt. Weak Flog Jake Lever Requests Trade to Melbourne, Causes Player Revolt

Where will Jake Lever end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what Carlton need to give for Kennedy.
Heard Kennedy's manger on trade radio this morning - said that with their other big signings GWS didnt offer a contract, Carlton will get him for a pick in the 30's so won't need collateral from us

Everyone has off games.. just look at your grand final performance and games against Kangaroos and Melbourne.

Can't wait for next years showdown. Swings and roundabouts we won the first 7 of 8 then you won the next 7 of 8. We won 3 in a row, you won 3 in a row, we won 3 in a row.

The swing will start again next year :)
Doubt it

Can we please change title to include Melbourne becoming defunct and replaced in the AfL by Norwood?

I’ll probably switch to Norwood. I mean back to Norwood.
“It’s a grand old flag”

Lever → Melbourne
10 → Adelaide
Watts + 27 → Collingwood
Collingwood 2018 1st → Adelaide

Adelaide
IN: 10 + Collingwood 2018 1st
OUT: Lever

Melbourne:
IN: Lever
OUT: 10 + 27 + Watts

Collingwood
IN: Watts + 27
OUT: 2018 1st

So in essense your saying Lever is worth pick 10, 27 and Watts.
I dont think so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm happy to send our 2017 2nd round pick to Melbourne
Thats starts to make the the trade more even. I just need to come to terms with us having Watts and where he will fit in. I do think he has upside however. I dont think he's a spud.

Holy shiiiit this thread had taken forever to catch up on, that's even just scrolling through plenty of posts.

Love the suggestion of in turn offering Melbourne's young stars big $$$ to see if we can change a mind or at least help those guys out with their contracts. Either way, should we get picks back from Melbourne, I hope we then ship them off to get players as we have no need for 18 year old draft picks where our list is. Go hard while we've got stars at their peak.

Thats starts to make the the trade more even. I just need to come to terms with us having Watts and where he will fit in. I do think he has upside however. I dont think he's a spud.

In my trade Watts goes to Collingwood and we end up with 2 firsts

But guess what the penalty for violating the 2-first-4-years rule is ... just means the club would have to, you know, use the first round they will have.

Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.

And there's also the responsible-trading get out clause as well ...

Yeah, but it limits their options for those years they can't do it - they will have to trade out of their player list to get players and not use their allocated first round picks, and depending on how they evaluate their list that may be a bit more painful to bear. Either that or they just have to miss out on the big name player who may have been available if they had a first round pick to trade. It's easy if you have a crystal ball as to what will happen the next three years, but injuries happen and circumstances can rapidly change.

The constant changes to this thread's title is worth visiting this board alone.

2fca3bca977a8ab01ef079c293eb2ee25288acdbb02412effd4b3d8f4d1dd938.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back