Official Club Stuff Wearing our prison bar guernsey for a home final

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it very strange when people want the number panel. I get the PB part but number panel? Jeez.

It's an iconic look that helps make the bars what it is - hate that's referred to as a 'number panel' by the by.

When I hear 'number panel' I think of Hawthorn's bizarre flirtation with that s**t old-timey look that completely broke the aesthetic of their brown and gold strip. It looked stuck on and completely out of place.

The 'classic PB back' is a seamless aesthetic that fits perfectly and enriches the entire ensemble.

It's an iconic look that helps make the bars what it is - hate that's referred to as a 'number panel' by the by.

When I hear 'number panel' I think of Hawthorn's bizarre flirtation with that s**t old-timey look that completely broke the aesthetic of their brown and gold strip. It looked stuck on and completely out of place.

The 'classic PB back' is a seamless aesthetic that fits perfectly and enriches the entire ensemble.
Panel behind number, sounds like a fine handle by definition.

Anyway it looks fantastic on a black jumper, it would be nice to see a sample of it on the BiB. The only good looking thing about our 97-2009 home was the back of it.

Yes it does, that's why I'm baffled by people wanting it on the bib.

Don't mess with the BiB it's a strong guernsey

Edit: i think the only reworking of the PB's that could work would be silver bars but silver always looks good on paper & shite in reality most of the time, anyway im rambling..... beer time

Last edited:
Panel behind number, sounds like a fine handle by definition.

Anyway it looks fantastic on a black jumper, it would be nice to see a sample of it on the BiB. The only good looking thing about our 97-2009 home was the back of it.

#cheersdylan
#graypride

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't mess with the BiB it's a strong guernsey

Edit: i think the only reworking of the PB's that could work would be silver bars but silver always looks good on paper & shite in reality most of the time, anyway im rambling..... beer time

I wouldn't mind the PB's in a very light and non shiny silver to the point that they were almost white.

hawthorn's old number panel made them look like they were wearing velcro netball bibs

_72559529_netball.jpg

15-424-424x283.jpg

I wonder what the rushed guernsey order cost us (because I believe we had to pay for them). $27,940 in bids now, I doubt that covers it.
Only 21 players' guernseys up for sale. Which of our many obsessives will say whose guernsey is not there*? FWIW there will have been at least 2 of each guernsey made - I assume the other will be sold at club functions in the future. Hmmm my table lost its formatting.

Player Bids Top bid
Boak #01 40 $3,600
Broadbent #05 21 $900
Monfries #06 18 $1,300
Ebert #07 28 $1,850
Hartlett #08 25 $2,000
Gray #09 26 $1,900
Trengove #12 21 $1,200
O'Shea #13 15 $900
Wines #16 24 $1,500
Cornes #18 17 $1,150
White #19 21 $850