Wearing them out - a trend?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues
I have been impressed with our fitness and ball movement both this year and towards the end of last season - as was seen in Round 9 vs. Saints when we are “on” we are exciting to watch and relentless on our opponents.

An observation over parts of the 22 season and becoming more noticeable this year after 9 rounds;

Of the games we have lost we have been a chance in all, even against the Cats at one point in the last qtr we were within 12 points so it wasn’t an easy win for Geelong.

Now the good bit - of all of the teams who have beaten us this year [apart from Collingwood] each team has lost their next game, also games we have won the majority of teams then followed that up with another loss. I first noticed this last year and someone who’s a statistical sensei may throw a few algorithms at me saying it’s only a 50% win loss possibility thing but I will simply bury my head in the sand and ignore those with brains.

Are we a very taxing team to play do we push teams so much that they are flat the next week? Or is it the travel factor [GWS Vs WC] ?

Has Burgess waved his magic wand and given us the fitness to run other teams into exhaustion?

I don’t know the answers but I love the results and wack it in your kit bag if you‘re struggling with your footy tips. Your welcome.

I have been impressed with our fitness and ball movement both this year and towards the end of last season - as was seen in Round 9 vs. Saints when we are “on” we are exciting to watch and relentless on our opponents.

An observation over parts of the 22 season and becoming more noticeable this year after 9 rounds;

Of the games we have lost we have been a chance in all, even against the Cats at one point in the last qtr we were within 12 points so it wasn’t an easy win for Geelong.

Now the good bit - of all of the teams who have beaten us this year [apart from Collingwood] each team has lost their next game, also games we have won the majority of teams then followed that up with another loss. I first noticed this last year and someone who’s a statistical sensei may throw a few algorithms at me saying it’s only a 50% win loss possibility thing but I will simply bury my head in the sand and ignore those with brains.

Are we a very taxing team to play do we push teams so much that they are flat the next week? Or is it the travel factor [GWS Vs WC] ?

Has Burgess waved his magic wand and given us the fitness to run other teams into exhaustion?

I don’t know the answers but I love the results and wack it in your kit bag if you‘re struggling with your footy tips. Your welcome.

In the NFL I follow the San Francisco 49ers who went through the entire season last year and with the exception of one team who had the bye the following week, where their opponent lost the following week. 49ers are a physical, fast highly skilled team with a complex offense....it takes a lot mentally and physically to play them so it maybe more than just a statistical anomaly.

Seem to remember last year a lot of teams commented on how tough it was to beat the Crows despite the win loss record. Hopefully one of the long time criticisms of the Crows, having a soft underbelly, might finally be being engineered out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back