News Weber, Rock, and Prior gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jury is out on Worsfold.
I'd appoint him, but not on massive coin.
He's been at the Bummers for 5 years, and they've hardly done much better than us!
They kinda had issues leading up to his appointment there for a bit at that time though......

I believe Woosha is a quality coach and would love to see him come aboard.

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

these moves have to be the best ever seen by the club. webber too many injures not managed right and jlo putting his foot down abd getting some better assistants to the club. The trash is in the can and we are finally creating something special to be a powerr house club

I’m not sold on Worsfold - really depends on the role he would be to fulfil. I think some form of mentor wouldn’t be a bad idea but not an active game day role, with him looking over JLo’s shoulder every game. Bell seems to have that covered. JLo needs some space.

Perhaps a role during the week. Certainly not keen on Worsfold as a senior assistant. Doubt that would be his go anyway.

Some possible names that may be considered if we could poach them:

- Dean Solomon (Backs GCS)
- Luke Webster (Forwards WCE)
- Todd Curley (South Fremantle Head Coach)
- Ashley Hanson (Forwards WB)

Interesting that two People that commented positively after Justin’s appt last year were Todd Curley and Dean Solomon.

Solomon retired and went straight to the Goldy as an assistant at GCS during that year they played in the lower league pre-entering the AFL. He’s been there ever since. Unfortunately, imo, that isn’t a glowing endorsement seeing as he’s only ever coached at one club - the worst performing club over the last decade. I loved Solly as a player, but I think he’d need to spend a couple of years away from GCS before we should consider him. Curley, on the other hand, is a proven successful senior coach, albeit at WAFL level, and I think he’d be a great get for us.

Hate to see people lost their jobs at the best of times, but it’s even worse given the current state the world finds itself in. Thank you to Weber, Rock and Prior for your service but the right decision to move them on has been made.

Can a mod or the OP please correct Jason Weber’s name in the title to ‘Weber’ thank you.

It’ll be interesting to see who we bring in. Curley makes sense and has Soufs up and about. Looking at other assistant’s who were from WA that we might be able to attract back home. Cox, Glass of Schofield?!

How long has Webster been at WC, best functioning forwardline in the AFL
If he isn't free i reckon it's worth contacting Ash Hansen who has done a pretty good job of the forward line at the dogs, see if he wants to come home. Towards the end of last year that forward line couldn't be stopped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started it under Harvey technically, but let's not hold that against him.
Technically he started at West Perth in a development role under Todd Curley.

Todd Curley >Bill Monaghan >Mark Harvey >John Worsfold >Adam Simpson> Nathan Buckley

Following retirement at the end of 2007, Longmuir spent 2008/9 seasons in an assistant /development role at West Perth. Longmuir began his AFL coaching career as the Dockers' ruck coach in 2010, before shifting across town to West Coast in a development role. He was promoted to the role of assistant coach ahead of the 2012 season, and served as a senior assistant under Adam Simpson before leaving at the end of 2017 to join Collingwood.

Technically he started at West Perth in a development role under Todd Curley.

Todd Curley >Bill Monaghan >Mark Harvey >John Worsfold >Adam Simpson> Nathan Buckley

Following retirement at the end of 2007, Longmuir spent 2008/9 seasons in an assistant /development role at West Perth. Longmuir began his AFL coaching career as the Dockers' ruck coach in 2010, before shifting across town to West Coast in a development role. He was promoted to the role of assistant coach ahead of the 2012 season, and served as a senior assistant under Adam Simpson before leaving at the end of 2017 to join Collingwood.
Was it Todd Curley who recommended we pick up Hill over Rich?

Was it Todd Curley who recommended we pick up Hill over Rich?
Possibly he was coach of West Perth at the time. I remember SHill’s finals series that year was amazing. Skinny kid playing defence and throwing himself around and playing tight like a second skin. It was Smart’s call but Longmuir might have even had a word to the club in his role at the time.

Didn’t someone post not too long ago that Longmuir joined Freo at the end of 2009 ahead of that Draft and along with Smart recommended Nat Fyfe?

Possibly he was coach of West Perth at the time. I remember SHill’s finals series that year was amazing. Skinny kid playing defence and throwing himself around and playing tight like a second skin. It was Smart’s call but Longmuir might have even had a word to the club in his role at the time.

Didn’t someone post not too long ago that Longmuir joined Freo at the end of 2009 ahead of that Draft and along with Smart recommended Nat Fyfe?
i do remember that JL was working with recruitment in 08 and 09, was a development coach here in 2010

Freo conceeded their lowest ever score on Saturday night and less than 24 hours later the defensive coach is let go. Safe to say that JLo has been doing the heavy lifting with our improved defensive structure this year?

Best defense in the league too - and we have played most of the top 8

Best defense in the league too - and we have played most of the top 8

And on about plan D with Pearce, Hamling, Logue and Young out (yeah Young's a stretch but he'd 100% be playing if he could) and it's not like it's always our midfield taking the pressure off. They are doing well but it's a young mix and they are finding themselves on top or a step behind at different times. Fremantle have not been an easy team to transition from defense into attack against this year.

It's a massive tick for JLo and Freo have to be happy for him to pick his assistants with how he is handling his P plates.

And that's not a knock on those leaving.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back