News Weber, Rock, and Prior gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

You should never bring in a mentor as it undermines the coach.

If a head coach needs a mentor, then you sack them.

In saying that, you should attempt to get the best coaching team as possible.

JL has proven to me that his game tactics are elite.
All coaches have a mentor.
It’s a coaching director that makes things clouded.

Hate to see people lost their jobs at the best of times, but it’s even worse given the current state the world finds itself in. Thank you to Weber, Rock and Prior for your service but the right decision to move them on has been made.

Can a mod or the OP please correct Jason Weber’s name in the title to ‘Weber’ thank you.

It’ll be interesting to see who we bring in. Curley makes sense and has Soufs up and about. Looking at other assistant’s who were from WA that we might be able to attract back home. Cox, Glass of Schofield?!

A big no to Dean Cox from me, he seems to distract Longmire in the Swans coaching box by constantly calling Longmire's attention to something on his screen and then banging on for ever about it. By the time Longmire looks up it's half time.

Cox just seems to either take too long to get the message over or is over complicating things. Bizarre way to carry on for a guy who is an assistant coach.

Think it goes without saying most people aren't happy that 3 guys have lost their job in uncertain times, but for the footy club this is just another indication of our pushing out the old guard and bringing in the new.

We knew it couldn't happen straight away with Ross' payout so have waited till we could. I agree of the 3 Prior would have to feel a bit hard done by but considering our massive shift in structure I think JLo has coordinated how the defence should set up and Prior has basically just been the middle man to the players so JLo could focus on the whole team.

Good signs for the club going forward! Bell hasn't made any huge slip ups yet so in Belly we trust!

A big no to Dean Cox from me, he seems to distract Longmire in the Swans coaching box by constantly calling Longmire's attention to something on his screen and then banging on for ever about it. By the time Longmire looks up it's half time.

Cox just seems to either take too long to get the message over or is over complicating things. Bizarre way to carry on for a guy who is an assistant coach.
Yeah Flappy does seem to ooze self-importance in the coaches box for sure! Know your place!

Where are people getting that Woosha was Longmuir's mentor? Just because he worked under him? I've heard JL talk far more about Neale Daniher and Phil Walsh being bigger influences on him.

Also, does anyone remember who was the smokey candidate being talked up for the head coaching job last year? I think it was someone at North Melbourne but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Also, does anyone remember who was the smokey candidate being talked up for the head coaching job last year? I think it was someone at North Melbourne but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Jade Rawlings iirc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is anyone else concerned that the club seems to make these decision based on the public opinion and not on best practice?

Ross Lyon sacked after public outcry.

Weber sacked after public outcry.

Just seems to be a reaction to public opinion instead of an internal club decision. Our injuries have been horrific for years and you could make the case we would have made the 8 last year had it not been so bad.

The decision making process seems really poor.

Is anyone else concerned that the club seems to make these decision based on the public opinion and not on best practice?

Just seems to be a reaction to public opinion instead of an internal club decision. Our injuries have been horrific for years and you could make the case we would have made the 8 last year had it not been so bad.

You could also attack the club with the "does it require public outcry for change?"

Bluntly, no.

There has been an outcry on SC Team for years.

No, because the causing factor is poor performance, public outcry is just the middle man.

Poor performance -> Public outcry -> Decisions

Public outcry will often come before the decisions because that's the nature of a football club, doesnt mean the decision isnt correct

Where are people getting that Woosha was Longmuir's mentor? Just because he worked under him? I've heard JL talk far more about Neale Daniher and Phil Walsh being bigger influences on him.

Jamie Graham

No. If anything we took too long after years of repeating the same mistakes from both Ross and Jason.

I hope we don't become too much of a boys club. Bell, Carr and Longmuir. Now people are talking about Mayne, Solomon.

I think we should target an assistant coach with premiership coaching or assistant coaching experience.
And with a view point outside the boys club circle willing to stand up and challenge.

Yes absolutely. Ive said the exact same thing.

No. If anything we took too long after years of repeating the same mistakes from both Ross and Jason.

But that is my point. The club has failed to take action UNTIL there is public outcry that they can't ignore.

Best practice would be sacking Weber years ago. Why now when the injury list has been atrocious for years?

Bells been around long enough that it should have been done at least 12 months ago if not the first issue he addressed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back