News Weber, Rock, and Prior gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

But that is my point. The club has failed to take action UNTIL there is public outcry that they can't ignore.

Best practice would be sacking Weber years ago. Why now when the injury list has been atrocious for years?

Bells been around long enough that it should have been done at least 12 months ago if not the first issue he addressed.

The public has been upset about injuries since 2013

But that is my point. The club has failed to take action UNTIL there is public outcry that they can't ignore.

Best practice would be sacking Weber years ago. Why now when the injury list has been atrocious for years?

Bells been around long enough that it should have been done at least 12 months ago if not the first issue he addressed.
The club was already paying out Lyon and our former CEO. Add Weber to the list and we would probably have exceeded the soft cap this year.

A big no to Dean Cox from me, he seems to distract Longmire in the Swans coaching box by constantly calling Longmire's attention to something on his screen and then banging on for ever about it. By the time Longmire looks up it's half time.

Cox just seems to either take too long to get the message over or is over complicating things. Bizarre way to carry on for a guy who is an assistant coach.

Cox is just telling Horse about the umpiring.

Cox would make a good umpires advisor, ……………… oh yeah.

It seems like we’ve just started before other clubs.
Suns have cut staff
We won’t replace our assistants being let go if we do it will be a part time gig.
There will be no woosha.
It seems like it will be skeleton staff for a couple years.

Is anyone else concerned that the club seems to make these decision based on the public opinion and not on best practice?

Ross Lyon sacked after public outcry.

Weber sacked after public outcry.

Just seems to be a reaction to public opinion instead of an internal club decision. Our injuries have been horrific for years and you could make the case we would have made the 8 last year had it not been so bad.

The decision making process seems really poor.
Maybe some of the public just see it the same way as they do.
He would have been gone finals or no finals, so who cares.

A big no to Dean Cox from me, he seems to distract Longmire in the Swans coaching box by constantly calling Longmire's attention to something on his screen and then banging on for ever about it. By the time Longmire looks up it's half time.

Cox just seems to either take too long to get the message over or is over complicating things. Bizarre way to carry on for a guy who is an assistant coach.

Looks like he’s found a few pie shops since he retired too. Bellend of the highest order.

I don't like this "director of coaching" or "coaching director", whatever they want to call it.

As others have said it undermines the "head coach". Also, can anyone tell me when this hierarchy has worked?

If Freo really wanted Worsfold they would have appointed him head coach.

I'm quite ok with this cleanout. It's what the club needs. It's time for some fresh input.

Maybe some of the public just see it the same way as they do.
He would have been gone finals or no finals, so who cares.

The fact it has taken so long for them to make this decision is concerning.

I don't care how much it would cost to pay them out, keeping them on is costing us alot more by not having players on the park.

The horrible track record we have would hardly have a positive effect on potential recruits / free agents.

Should have been done 12 months ago. Now it just looks of placating the supporter base.

Where are people getting that Woosha was Longmuir's mentor? Just because he worked under him? I've heard JL talk far more about Neale Daniher and Phil Walsh being bigger influences on him.

Also, does anyone remember who was the smokey candidate being talked up for the head coaching job last year? I think it was someone at North Melbourne but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
I may have missed it, but I haven't seen anyone say that per se. It's just a simple statement of fact that Longmuir started his full-time ass coaching career under Worsfold and as such would have as an informed view as anyone as to whether it would be a workable relationship with him or not. But nevertheless, the first head coach you have as an ass coach is likely to have a fair impact one way or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact it has taken so long for them to make this decision is concerning.

I don't care how much it would cost to pay them out, keeping them on is costing us alot more by not having players on the park.

The horrible track record we have would hardly have a positive effect on potential recruits / free agents.

Should have been done 12 months ago. Now it just looks of placating the supporter base.
They did Ross 12 month ago.
Some of the assistants last year and this year
Weber this year. No confound on the S&C this year. Given free reign and didn't do very well. Fyfe said he made the decision to play injured last year despite being advised against. Did leave some room for doubt on whether the S& C and medical team are fully responsible or whether they had been usurped by others.

Where are people getting that Woosha was Longmuir's mentor? Just because he worked under him? I've heard JL talk far more about Neale Daniher and Phil Walsh being bigger influences on him.

Also, does anyone remember who was the smokey candidate being talked up for the head coaching job last year? I think it was someone at North Melbourne but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Exciting times.

Jade Rawlings is who you’re thinking of . Apparently he surprised the club big time in the interviews . Came out of nowhere .

Possibly he was coach of West Perth at the time. I remember SHill’s finals series that year was amazing. Skinny kid playing defence and throwing himself around and playing tight like a second skin. It was Smart’s call but Longmuir might have even had a word to the club in his role at the time.

Didn’t someone post not too long ago that Longmuir joined Freo at the end of 2009 ahead of that Draft and along with Smart recommended Nat Fyfe?
Yep that was me. I think I Duffield wrote about it near the time.

You'd be thinking Longmuir's already got a healthy amount of credits in the coaching smarts bank at the club. This should translate into plenty of sway into the overall coaching structure going forward.

Dean Solomon, Ashley Prescott, Nick Malceski, Andrew Swallow and Justin Koschitzke.

Suns let all these guys go...

Looks like the soft cap is going to be worse than we thought

They are cannabalising money with sfa revenue coming in.

It aint cheap keeping 40+ players ( and their wives + kids) plus support staff entertained.

I don't like this "director of coaching" or "coaching director", whatever they want to call it.

As others have said it undermines the "head coach". Also, can anyone tell me when this hierarchy has worked?

If Freo really wanted Worsfold they would have appointed him head coach.

I'm quite ok with this cleanout. It's what the club needs. It's time for some fresh input.

Agreed. I think JLo has done enough with our team this year to suggest he doesn’t need someone looking over his shoulder.

It seems like we’ve just started before other clubs.
Suns have cut staff
We won’t replace our assistants being let go if we do it will be a part time gig.
There will be no woosha.
It seems like it will be skeleton staff for a couple years.

This is a good time to ask, have we ended up with too many coaches ?. Do we really need that many ?, lots of voices saying essentially the same thing.

Another way of looking at it is that we have “onfield” coaches, like Sonny, Mundy, Fyfe and Conca.

It was Jade Rawlings according to media personnel who knew about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back