Training Weds 4 Apr

Remove this Banner Ad

All the boys here except those w LTI

Wells involved in drills incl a high intensity pressure drill w other senior players

JDG training fully

Smith run-throughs

Beautiful day day and the boys are up-and-about

V good crowd, too

JUST PLAY HIM!

Yep jdg should come straight back in.

Dunn is fantastic as a teammate / teacher

A one-on-one drill where defender plays in front of forward (you know how much I love defenders that play in front of their man even if other posters hate it)
Pretty evenly matched except for Murphy / Howe
When Murphy was the forward, he couldn’t beat Howe’s pressure (in fact, many of the newer players often had to run backwards to try to get the ball) - however, when Howe was forward , he was able to easily outwork Murphy
Was hoping to see in both instances Howe take him aside and run through process but he didn’t (maybe in the review?)
Anyway, throughout the drill, Dunn was chatting w players about positioning etc and it was great to see real-time teaching

Why do people even bother saying bring him straight back in when we know for a fact Bucks has already said he will play VFL lol. It's sort of like you're setting yourselves up for something to complain about.. no offence!

Last Tuesday on SEN Bucks said that Mayne had 35 possessions and was in the mix......he also went on to say that Shaz was doing well but wouldn't be playing as too many other players playing better in his position.............next minute.

P.S I wont be complaining if he doesn't play but to me its a no brainer he should come straight in.

A one-on-one drill where defender plays in front of forward (you know how much I love defenders that play in front of their man even if other posters hate it)
When Murphy was the forward, he couldn’t beat Howe’s pressure (in fact, many of the newer players often had to run backwards to try to get the ball) - however, when Howe was forward , he was able to easily outwork Murphy
Was hoping to see in both instances Howe take him aside and run through process but he didn’t (maybe in the review?)
Anyway, throughout the drill, Dunn was chatting w players about positioning etc and it was great to see real-time teaching
Love the guy. Has coach written all over him.

Last Tuesday on SEN Bucks said that Mayne had 35 possessions and was in the mix......he also went on to say that Shaz was doing well but wouldn't be playing as too many other players playing better in his position.............next minute.

P.S I wont be complaining if he doesn't play but to me its a no brainer he should come straight in.
Ben Reid was doubtful all week, had he been a certainty to play, perhaps Bucks would have been correct

Why do people even bother saying bring him straight back in when we know for a fact Bucks has already said he will play VFL lol. It's sort of like you're setting yourselves up for something to complain about.. no offence!
Actually good point.
I got caught up in the excitement

They were probably expecting Reid to be fit, in which case Shaz may not have played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Bucks to keep the opposition guessing, as he did re Shaz.

Many here ( not yourself) are just so keen to bag Bucks, that they even expect that he accurately discloses his selections well ahead of the game.

Why?
Its completely wrong for people to have these expectations - ALL coaches play these games.

Maybe Bucks is going to play mind games like mm used to. Would not be surprized to see jdg back. Also takes the pressure of him by not announcing it at the start of the week.

I want Bucks to keep the opposition guessing, as he did re Shaz.

Many here ( not yourself) are just so keen to bag Bucks, that they even expect that he accurately discloses his selections well ahead of the game.

Why?
Its completely wrong for people to have these expectations - ALL coaches play these games.

That is my point and that is what he was doing.....I am not that silly.
He also said Moore would play back in last weeks game....game day he went straight to the forward line.
Give them nothing.

I just hope he is doing the same this week with Jordan.

But Reid did pull out with a hip injury that was touch and go all week, what part of that fact is clutching at Straws? or are you in the Market for a Truck Load of Chicken s**t?

Now....now BJ play nice......care to provide the information about that hip complaint prior to Thursday night.

Not saying you're not wrong by the way.

Anyone leave the track early Schu?

Now....now BJ play nice......care to provide the information about that hip complaint prior to Thursday night.

Not saying you're not wrong by the way.
You think Reid got injured on the Friday before the game?

Possible but I doubt it
Lets look at what he did the week before....he played a collision sport, so, although your theory of a Friday injury might be right, I'm going with my theory of getting the injury the week earlier

You think Reid got injured on the Friday before the game?

Possible but I doubt it
Lets look at what he did the week before....he played a collision sport, so, although your theory of a Friday injury might be right, I'm going with my theory of getting the injury the week earlier

Reid is made of glass (sorry WalterBlaknWhte) he could have done it brushing his teeth.

By the way if you haven't figured it out I want De Goey to play Friday night it has nothing to do with Bucks at all.

I agree with earlier poster that there is no point stating JDG should come straight back in, because Bucks has already stated he wont.

That said, if it were me personally, I would bring him straight back in. He is too good to run around in the VFL. If he is fit, he plays. He might not be fit enough for midfield, but he'd be very handy as a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back