Week 1 of Finals: Loved, Loathed and Learned

Remove this Banner Ad

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Loved: obviously a dominant, 4 quarter performance against the Dons. Nic Nat looking ominous and healthy, hopefully that continues. Hopefully this is just the start. Cam Rayner up and about, seems built for finals - except for goal kicking atm.

Loathed: finals were boring blowouts, let's hope for more close, exciting contests. The moaning and carry on about Geelong's home finals. Umpiring.

Learned: I think we've probably overrated the Dogs, were found out in finals...Not something I've learned so much as it reconfirmed the Lions are still a bit too green - most likely - for a real premiership tilt. Richmond still the team to beat.

Loved: not a great deal to be honest.

Loathed: where do I start. Bad games (our loss was boring too). Awful umpiring, bad jumper clashes, overcoached gameplans.

Learned: The bye really is a good leveller. Thought doggies would cruise past GWS but that week off allowed them to get key players and reset well. Pies a real threat, Richmond are the real deal.

Loved: Tigers win, the pre-season big 6 still in the contest, Bolton's mark

Loathed: Injuries.

Learned: Dusty can break the rules smarter than other players. Geelong aren't as good as I thought they were (first up anyway).

Loved: Maynard showing us how far Gazza has declined into a sqib. Steele Sidebottom directing the second half with a workable lead.
Loathed - Greenwood ACL - must be 6-7 for us in past 2-3 years.
Learned - AFL coachs on 800k can be dumb as dogshit

Loved: Watching Luke Hodge still at a loss as to why Hawthorn cut him adrift.

Loathed: Mitch Robinson (The Brisbane Bontempelli) getting injured, deserved a full series.

Learned: The biggest crowd does not guarantee the best game, closest yes, but not best.

I’m sorry but did you seriously just learn that?
Were you under the impression for example if GWS v Richmond is at the G it’s automatically a better game than if it were at spotless?

Liked: Winning. NicNat will eat you if you get between him and his premiership medal.
Learned: Lions don't have the mentality to contend, but another year or two of finals will see them become a force.
Hated: Injuries. Tigers being gently placed into a prelim with a kiss on the head and a bedtime story by the Lions.

Liked: Winning. NicNat will eat you if you get between him and his premiership medal.
Learned: Lions don't have the mentality to contend, but another year or two of finals will see them become a force.
Hated: Injuries. Tigers being gently placed into a prelim with a kiss on the head and a bedtime story by the Lions.

You really shouldn’t have just rolled over to hawthorn at home, it could’ve been you getting a bedtime story.

Liked: ummmm I’ll get back to ya.
Thinking outside the box... well I like NicNat, good to watch but I don’t like what he is about to do to us.

Learned: Richmond are far better than the rest.

Hated: Injuries

Loved: Tobe’s square up on the Bont.
Liked: Giving 2 Bulldogs an absolute gob-full on Pitt St at about 10:30am who thought they had jokes - all they had were soiled undies the little germs of either of you flogs are on here; you whiny little bitches couldn’t get away quick enough
Hated: The umpiring.

Liked.
Hodge vs Ablett chasm. The former played a terrific game as a leader and showed deft skills and smarts, while his old enemy touted as the best ever wilted when needed. My preference for Hodge as the better player and team member is proven correct again. I am in abt 1%.

Learned
Scott is a fool. Why muck around with the best defense in the comp? Why get dragged into venue discussions before a final? He gives the best pressers though now that Ross is in between jobs.

Loathed
Commentatoes. They erode my love for the game.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh I thought we’d have no chance away from the g as we don’t win away from the g do we? Must have been the umpires that got us the win? Or the weather, must not have been hot enough? Or maybe not dry enough as we are only any good in the wet.

What?

You guys won and won well. Where did I say you didn't deserve it?

I disliked the fact that Brisbane rolled over and gave you a relatively easy ride into the prelim. If Geelong and West Coast beat seven shades out of each other on Friday then a well-rested Richmond on their home deck is not an enviable prospect to look forward to for either team.

FFS, what is this massive chip you Tiger posters are carrying around on your shoulders about the game on Saturday? You had the outcome that everyone else wishes they had. Chill out. You're primed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved: ................................................................................................

Loathed : Eddie waffling on about playing strips, handshake deals that no one can remember and general arrogant idiocy coming from the Collingwood bully boy. What handshake deal? How come no one else but Eddie knows about this deal? Perhaps he should've consulted the people who really run the competition about that?

Learned: Eddie has just convinced Gil that Collingwood will be wearing an alternative strip next season that does not have the traditional black & white stripes in away games against North and Geelong. He might have dug his own hole on that one?

Chris Scott is now the proud owner of the dumbest pre game selection move of all time!

Geelong players are not playing for the coach.

Richmond have the flag in the bag and they will play GWS!

Loved: ................................................................................................

Loathed : Eddie waffling on about playing strips, handshake deals that no one can remember and general arrogant idiocy coming from the Collingwood bully boy. What handshake deal? How come no one else but Eddie knows about this deal? Perhaps he should've consulted the people who really run the competition about that?

Learned: Eddie has just convinced Gil that Collingwood will be wearing an alternative strip next season that does not have the traditional black & white stripes in away games against North and Geelong. He might have dug his own hole on that one?

Chris Scott is now the proud owner of the dumbest pre game selection move of all time!

I forgot one thing I loved. Geelong supporters more upset by Eddie than their onfield failure.

Last edited:
What?

You guys won and won well. Where did I say you didn't deserve it?

I disliked the fact that Brisbane rolled over and gave you a relatively easy ride into the prelim. If Geelong and West Coast beat seven shades out of each other on Friday then a well-rested Richmond on their home deck is not an enviable prospect to look forward to for either team.

FFS, what is this massive chip you Tiger posters are carrying around on your shoulders about the game on Saturday? You had the outcome that everyone else wishes they had. Chill out. You're primed.
Sorry that’s why I deleted my post after I posted, I re-read your post and realised you weren’t having a pot shot at us. All good, good luck this weekend.

Loved: Not much. Quite an underwhelming first weekend
though the prospect of a Tigers v Pies GF will be cool for the size of it in Melbourne. Carnival style. we may get two days off

Umpiring was quite good in the Dons v WCE game (wonder who wasnt there....)

Loathed: Dons effort. Losing was likely. the effort was poor. turned up in a final like it was Rd.6.

Learned: Not much
Cats are a suspect finals team. knew that
Dons desperate for some inside mids and a ruck. knew that too
Tigers the team to beat. yep
Pendles is ridiculously ******* good. tick

So when GWS played the dogs in a prelim in 2016 you thought it wasn’t a good game coz it was at spotless with a small crowd?
Glad you’ve learned this week that is a pretty dumb thing to think.
Hey Whiskers, it was a game of kick to kick between Tom Stewart, Jeremy Howe and Darcy Moore the
tactics of your coach were terrible. The game failed to tell me a story, it bored me. I loathe dumb
football and poor preparation, entertain me and the big crowd.

Note: It's my opinion not yours.

Hey Whiskers, it was a game of kick to kick between Tom Stewart, Jeremy Howe and Darcy Moore the
tactics of your coach were terrible. The game failed to tell me a story, it bored me. I loathe dumb
football and poor preparation, entertain me and the big crowd.

Note: It's my opinion not yours.

But we share the same opinion, it’s just you only learnt it this week.

Collingwood in the box seat with the dream run in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back