Week 1 of Finals: Loved, Loathed and Learned

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved: NN only getting a fine.

Loathed: Grimes and his staging antics.

Learned: The Wildcard is going to come and I'm not that bothered. 7 and 8 are making up numbers, make it more exciting.
Fair enough by why is that grub Zorko not signalled out? He is so unsportsmanlike and fake as anyone. Love the lions but he makes me cringe.

Liked.
Hodge vs Ablett chasm. The former played a terrific game as a leader and showed deft skills and smarts, while his old enemy touted as the best ever wilted when needed. My preference for Hodge as the better player and team member is proven correct again. I am in abt 1%.

Learned
Scott is a fool. Why muck around with the best defense in the comp? Why get dragged into venue discussions before a final? He gives the best pressers though now that Ross is in between jobs.

Loathed
Commentatoes. They erode my love for the game.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Spot on !!

So when GWS played the dogs in a prelim in 2016 you thought it wasn’t a good game coz it was at spotless with a small crowd?
Glad you’ve learned this week that is a pretty dumb thing to think.
i just learnt whiskers 'no comprende' sarcasm

Liked, Brisbane making most Richmond fans believe the flags in the bag.
Loathed, The pro Richmond umpiring.
Learned, Collingwood are the best team in the competition.

Loved -

Loathed - GWS saving their best form for finals

Learnt - If GWS bring that effort every week they will win the flag

Loved: Not much. Geelong losing I guess?

Loathed: The standard of football. By far the worst weekend of finals football I can ever remember watching. Felt so flat on Sunday about what had transpired. Thankfully retaining the Ashes lifted the spirits.

Learned: Just give Richmond the flag now. Just hope whoever ends up playing them makes a contest out of it.

West Coast v Essendon
Liked: Essendon losing. Good for jokes which we were the butt of for far too long
Learnt: Not a whole lot
Hated: West Coast winning. The team I feel matches up best on us, even though there’s question marks over consistency.

Geelong vs Collingwood
Liked: Big crowds in september at the G
Learnt: Perhaps not learnt but reinforced the fact Geelong has something seriously wrong with the bye. Competitive once they got going but putrid in the first quarter
Hated: Collingwood winning. Never a positive

GWS v Bulldogs
Liked: The bulldogs being knocked out. They have the wood completely over us, regardless of how good they actually are
Learnt: ‘potential to cause injury’ was a 1 round thing only apparently
Hated: Lids :'(

Brisbane v Richmond
Liked: our win and accurate kicking for once
Learnt: Brisbane will take beating for the rest of September, not overawed by the occasion whatsoever
Hated: the MB thread. Pretty sure if some of you had your way the free kick count would be 75-2 against us.

Hated: the MB thread. Pretty sure if some of you had your way the free kick count would be 75-2 against us.

Half the thread would be them complaining about the 2. (and the ~50 that were missed Brisbane's way)

Liked, Brisbane making most Richmond fans believe the flags in the bag.
Loathed, The pro Richmond umpiring.
Learned, Collingwood are the best team in the competition.
Well what a surprise from the hater.......
Here is my weekly reminder about the joke of a club Adelaide are.

Attachments

• GettyImages-851522614.jpg
    GettyImages-851522614.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 99
Well what a surprise from the hater.......
Here is my weekly reminder about the joke of a club Adelaide are.
I love how Richmond fans take it as a personal attack when others don't rate them as the best, The fact is their not and I see another preliminary final capitulation coming, just need the umpires to be neutral. And keep the stance pictures coming their good.

I love how Richmond fans take it as a personal attack when others don't rate them as the best, The fact is their not and I see another preliminary final capitulation coming, just need the umpires to be neutral. And keep the stance pictures coming their good.
Haha noted.
Yeah I'll make sure I keep them coming as im sure it brings back great memories for you 😉. Go crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved: Finals footy
Celebration of milestone games (Shuey, Pendlebury) and the farewell to Deledio
Form of Naitanui and Darcy Moore after missing 2018 finals series, 2 guys that deserve some good luck with injury

Loathed: Constant argument about finals at GMHBA
Blowouts in 3 games
Injuries to key components of teams. De Goey, Duncan, Robinson, role is lesser important but still unfortunate for Levi Greenwood.
The fact that trade talk is already dominating September. I love this part of the off season and the machinations of it all but let September be predominantly about finals.

Learned: Brisbane still green as expected. Finals experience of Richmond was far too much
Stanley had to play
Richmond premiership favourite, Collingwood behind them.

Loved: Umpiring in WCE Dons game was actually really good for Perth. Pendleton’s and Hodge all class. Overhyped dogs smashed

Learnt: Moreso just a reminder but H & A form counts for nothing come finals. GWS & West Coast look more of a daunting prospect than Brisbane / Geelong.

Loathed: Injuries to Robinson, Greenwood, De Goey & Duncan. Want to see best players out there. Also not a big fan of MRP behaving differently in finals, all of Greene, Nic Nat & Merrett most likely would have been suspended in H & A but I guess that is counter intuitive to my earlier point.

Liked: WCE actually playing 4 quarters of football
Learned: Brisbane is a year too early to do any damage in finals
Hated: Tribunal - If Nic Nat was lucky to get away with a choke slam then Toby " studs up eye gouger" Green won the friggen lottery.

oh really? gotta be a stretch to claim underdog status now mate. Yours to lose. No 2 ways about it. Just like last year. :)
Very unthoughtful & ignorant post I must say.
Let's go through it shall we.......
1st - We shat the bed during last years PF as I'm reminded by you lot 1000 times a day.
2nd - We're playing either the raining premiers or this year's minor premiers who YOU only kicked 2.2 after HT against.
3rd - When it wasn't #pieshaveinjuries in round 2 you smashed us again.

Pies are playing either a Giants side who can't get past the MCG hurdle especially in finals and an inexperienced Lions side who also struggle on the MCG = Dream run.

Stop playing your dream run down because it sounds very unintelligent.

Pies to lose from here no doubt and if you choke again like last year's GF with this dream run then you'll probably never win one for a while.

Good luck.

Last edited:
1st - We shat the bed during last years PF as I'm reminded by you lot 1000 times a day.
2nd - We're playing either the raining premiers or this year's minor premiers who YOU only kicked 2.2 after HT against.

Pies are playing either a Giants side who can't get past the MCG hurdle especially in finals and an inexperienced Lions side who also struggle on the MCG = Dream run.

Pies to lose from here no doubt and if you choke again like last year's GF with this dream run then you'll probably never win one for a while.

Good luck.
Richmond are red hot favourites with the bookies for the flag at the moment, like they were this time last year and we know how that ended. But yes I know Richmond would rather be in Collingwood's boots playing either GWS or Brisbane. I reckon Geelong or West coast will make Richmond a bit shakey, Definitely a harder preliminary final opposition than 2017 GWS and their 100 supporters. It wouldn't matter so much with Collingwood because they are resiliant, finals hardened and don't need everything on their terms.

Good luck.
check the bookies, chum. or are they "unthoughtful and ignorant" too?

Richmond are red hot favourites with the bookies for the flag at the moment, like they were this time last year and we know how that ended. But yes I know Richmond would rather be in Collingwood's boots playing either GWS or Brisbane. I reckon Geelong or West coast will make Richmond a bit shakey, Definitely a harder preliminary final opposition than 2017 GWS and their 100 supporters. It wouldn't matter so much with Collingwood because they are resiliant, finals hardened and don't need everything on their terms.
Agree to most of that. Last year I feel the "premiership favourites" tag was justifiable as we were the best H&A team & totally choked & copped our fair abuse on the chin from Collingwood fans.
This year is different we have been flogged by the pies & Giants early. Flogged by the cats & flogged by your mob!
The premiership favourites tag is an overall but you need to get to the big dance first & the degree of difficulty is 10 folds over what the pies will face regardless of #pieshaveinjuries.
I'm happy to be named favorites but it annoys me that the irritating pies fans continue to play down their lottery win including WC shitting the bed against the hawks.
I see the pies having lot of familiarity of what the Tigers had in 2017 with everything just going right for them including luck when it counts.
Anyway time will tell. I feel If we win it this year it would be way more pleasing & successful than 2017 after fighting through heavy injuries, diversity & media writing us off before the bye.

oh really? gotta be a stretch to claim underdog status now mate. Yours to lose. No 2 ways about it. Just like last year. :)

Just like last year? If that means the pies choking harder than ***redacted for Adsense violation, all hail Adsense***, I say bring it on

Only thing better than watching the blues fail is watching you lot maintain bucks clean sheet

Agree to most of that. Last year I feel the "premiership favourites" tag was justifiable as we were the best H&A team & totally choked & copped our fair abuse on the chin from Collingwood fans.
This year is different we have been flogged by the pies & Giants early. Flogged by the cats & flogged by your mob!
The premiership favourites tag is an overall but you need to get to the big dance first & the degree of difficulty is 10 folds over what the pies will face regardless of #pieshaveinjuries.
I'm happy to be named favorites but it annoys me that the irritating pies fans continue to play down their lottery win including WC s**tting the bed against the hawks.
I see the pies having lot of familiarity of what the Tigers had in 2017 with everything just going right for them including luck when it counts.
Anyway time will tell. I feel If we win it this year it would be way more pleasing & successful than 2017 after fighting through heavy injuries, diversity & media writing us off before the bye.
I can't argue with that

loved: Giants' violent response to Bontempelli/Haynes and having their backs to the wall in general
loathed: nothing much
learned: Brisbane is better than I thought and a worthy top four side
(reinforced: umpires do not like to be used as pawns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back