Prediction Week 2 Finals predictions.

Who wins these semi-finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Melbourne might struggle without their best midfielder, if he plays he won't last long - won't have any ability to work at stoppages or kick. Brisbane by about four goals I reckon.

Sorry Freo, the Pies are a cut above. Your forward line is about to be brutally dismantled.

If freo kick more than 1 goal in the 1st quarter they might be in with a chance...but then the pies play 4 quarters instead of just 1 like bullflogs

I think Melbourne might struggle without their best midfielder, if he plays he won't last long - won't have any ability to work at stoppages or kick. Brisbane by about four goals I reckon.

Sorry Freo, the Pies are a cut above. Your forward line is about to be brutally dismantled.

I would say Oliver is Melbourne's best midfielder rather than Petracca, even without Petracca Melbourne should still be able to beat Brisbane and I would expect Collingwood to beat Freo. Hopefully they are both close contests but I wouldn't be surprised if one or both end up being blowouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If either Melbourne or Collingwood lose it is going to be seen as a massive failure for each club.
I think if Melbourne lose its seen as a massive failure, for the Pies it will be seen as a massive disappointment but ultimately no one had them top 4 and against a strong Freo team who were above Collingwood on the ladder from the end of Rd 3 until the end of Rd 18.
So its not exactly like a loss for the Pies will be a massive failure because Freo are really good this year. But the Pies beat them in Perth in Rd 10 by 6 goals and at the MCG Collingwood should be favourites.

Melbourne on the other hand have their bunnies in a final at a ground they are awful at. If Melbourne lose to Brisbane it will go down as one of Brisbanes best ever regardless of the margin, and a massive waste of a year and talent for the Demons.

I think fremantle and Collingwood match up well together, both don’t rely on big forwards and have great movement from the backline and very good ground ball players, could be a very fast paced fun game to watch.

Didn't know Oliver was hurt.

Oliver has been better and way more consistent than Petracca this year.
Petraccas got better forward ability, But then again, Oliver kicked 2 set shot goals last Friday which is good for him.

It'll hurt to lose Petracca , but we've got plenty of midfielders to somewhat cover him as well

Back