Week 2 of Finals Tips and Crowd Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn defeated by Melbourne - 23 points. Crowd: 84,000

Collingwood defeated by GWS - 7 points. Crowd: 75,000

:eek:You dont have much confidence in the Pies supporters in their first home final for a while.
I think he is closer to the mark than those predicting 85-90K. Past records of Pie fans in interstate semi finals is average- around 62K. If it was a prelim it to would hit the high 80's, maybe 90K. We got over 88K in a prelim against Adelaide in 2002 but they have a much bigger travelling contingent than GWS.

Sometimes I wish I barracked for a minnow club like Collingwood. So easy to get tickets to their finals. I actually rocked up just before the bounce and got a ticket at the gate for their last final in Melbourne against Port and had my choice of seats on level 4. Looks like it will be the same this week against GWS. Richmond finals are always sold out within a day or 2.
It's awesome-one of the many benefits of following the mighty Pies!

I think he is closer to the mark than those predicting 85-90K. Past records of Pie fans in interstate semi finals is average- around 62K. If it was a prelim it to would hit the high 80's, maybe 90K. We got over 88K in a prelim against Adelaide in 2002 and they have a much bigger travelling contingent than GWS.
Yeah
I was surprised initially but saw the MCG prediction if 68k. Less crush than the OF last year I guess.
Only about 1,500 of us, whatever else happens. Seems like we have aisles at the punt road end behind the cheersquad.

Okay...so? What's that have to do with anything? You have more fans in Melbourne than WC do and thus draw more to the MCG. What are you even debating here?
Simply attempting to explain the point the bloke you responded to was making. You would think a football state with two teams to support would have large followings for both teams. Here, there are more teams to be supported, hence, to say we could draw more to a home final is impressive. I assume that was the idea behind his post. But we have a bigger population and longer history so perhaps I should just leave this particular post right here and move on.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last years preliminary final would of had 20,000 neutrals mate. In the afl members Richmond have 5,000 and in the mcc have 8,000! Out of the 94,000 last year the break down would of been 72,000 Richmond (56 k in ga, 5,000 in afl members and 8,000 in mcc members stand)2,000 gws and 20,000 neutrals. People do not realise how many neutrals turn up in the afl and mcc members (except for Melbourne who can fill 90% of the mcc members stand by them selfs while Essendon and Collingwood can only half full the stand)!
Does the 68K expected on Saturday include neutrals? You seem to pull figures from your rear end. If your mob does not draw over 90k it is a disgrace, and every stat you have posted about the #1 team in the AFL counts for nought. You have had McChins complaining about 6 day breaks before you have won your way into PF. Is this to drum up a crowd or just to keep himself in the limeli? PF'S have operated this way for ten years with a one year exception!

*Note - claimed figure was during a time when Collingwood also claimed to have more members. following an afl audit their true numbers have since been rectified and memberships (and coincidently crowds) have reverted to their true latent state.

Still cannot draw more the 1.2 million fans. Collingwood have done this 5 times. Richmond 0

I'd prefer Hawks in our prelim so...

Hawthorn d Melbourne by 3 points in a bruising, crushing encounter with 35k hawk supporters (not bringing thier cats) and both demons fans showing up.

Collingwood are a decent shot at upsetting the Richmond prelim so...

Collingwood d GWS by 45 points with a leg in the air. 57k pies supporters and Gil going for GWS

Was only a matter of time before this thread turned into a doodle measuring contest.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s no longer about doodles bro, this where the Tigers are at.

8700b38283979afc475b47ae98e1dba4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Holy s**t the amount of fear from Richmond fans in this thread

You spelt Brian wrong in your user name. Just saying.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back