Week 3 Finals Tips and Crowd Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t see the Pies scoring enough to genuinely trouble the tigers for 4qtr

The result of the game is hardly of consequence. More important, how big do you think the crowd will be?

Edit:

Richmond v Collingwood (15 points), 97,437

West Coast v Melbourne (32 points), 59,498

Richmond to keep Collingwood in the game with inaccuracy in front of goal half time 6.11 47 lead Pies 6.3 39.

Pies come out full of belief in the second half and kick two quick goals, one a brilliant running snap near the boundary by Sidebottom. Genuine tension in the air that tigers could blow this as a tense pressure filled 10 minutes of play. Series of forward fifty pressure acts leads to a Caddy goal and a goal for goal end to the third. Pies lead 10.6 66 to Richmonds 8.14 62.

Martin steadies the ship with a goal from the first centre bounce. A galant pies try to hold on but goals to Riewoldt and Cotchin confirms the end to this Collingwood season. Tigs run the game out strongly.

Richmond 13.16 94 def Collingwood 11.9 75. Attendance record 98, 600.

Over in the west the fairytale comes to a seemingly crashing end when the eagles kick 4 unanswered with Darling and Kennedy looking both in fine form. Demons start to turn it around in the second quarter but the commentary box is silent with disappointment as the eagles fly into the half leading 9.5 59 to 4.4 28.

A second half turn around sees the midfield of the eagles getting overwhelmed by the young hard demons midfielders, with harmes continuing to blanket Shuey. Max Gawn also becoming a factor as he has parked the bus to null the twin towers influence in the eagles forward line. A shift of momentum gives the demons a real sniff going into the last as the eagles look tired on a hot perth Saturday. Eagles lead 10.8 68 to demons 8.9 57.

Cripps calms the home crowd with a crafty goal early in the fourth as the eagles try to shut the game down by holding possession. An unusual errant kick from skipper hurn results in a petracca gift bringing the score back to within two goals. 15 minutes of manic pressure with the demons doing all the hard work but no reward on the scoreboard with 5 mins left, being down by 8. A heroic run down by frost on Liam Ryan who thought he was walking into an open goal results in a tom mcdonald mark 45 out down the other end. Slots it. 1.45 left. Crickets.

Shuey bursts through the middle kicks near the boundary, Darling marks near the boundary 35 out tough kick. takes the full thirty and goes for the snap around the body, missing to the near side. Tory straight down the guts. Guess who marks it?....
Gawn!
Nearly screws it up by handballing Viney into trouble but they keep it moving forward and a boundary throw in 35 out demons forward fifty. Everyone is there. Gawn thumps it into the deep pocket where Melksham is taken high by Barrass. Siren goes. Melksham can't run around for the tasty snap. Lines up and dogs it straight through the middle. You can feel BT's boner through the telly. Demons win 11.12 78 defeating Eagles 11.9 75. 58,600 attendance.

Last edited:
Richmond def Collingwood by 30, 100,000, Pies will fight hard but the Tigers have too many weapons all over the ground. It will be a good battle for most of the game but I expect Richmond to kick away.
Melbourne def West Coast by 36, 59,500, it's going to be a very warm day and you'd expect somebody will run out of legs, hopefully it is the Eagles that run out of legs so come on Dees you can do it and become the first 5th place team to reach a grand final since 1998.

Richmond has only met Melbourne once in the grand final, in 1940. Neither Collingwood or Richmond have played West Coast in the grand final.

Richmond
4.3(27)--9.7(61)--12.9(81)--15.13(103)
Collingwood
2.1(13)--4.4(28)--8.6(54)--11.7(73)

West Coast
3.0(18)--5.1(31)--9.3(57)--13.5(83)
Melbourne
4.2(26)--7.6(48)--9.9(63)--11.12(78)

Richmond to keep Collingwood in the game with inaccuracy in front of goal half time 6.11 47 lead Pies 6.3 39.

Pies come out full of belief in the second half and kick two quick goals, one a brilliant running snap near the boundary by Sidebottom. Genuine tension in the air that tigers could blow this as a tense pressure filled 10 minutes of play. Series of forward fifty pressure acts leads to a Caddy goal and a goal for goal end to the third. Pies lead 10.6 66 to Richmonds 8.14 62.

Martin steadies the ship with a goal from the first centre bounce. A galant pies try to hold on but goals to Riewoldt and Cotchin confirms the end to this Collingwood season. Tigs run the game out strongly.

Richmond 13.16 94 def Collingwood 11.9 75. Attendance record 98, 600.

Over in the west the fairytale comes to a seemingly crashing end when the eagles kick 4 unanswered with Darling and Kennedy looking both in fine form. Demons start to turn it around in the second quarter but the commentary box is silent with disappointment as the eagles fly into the half leading 9.5 59 to 4.4 28.

A second half turn around sees the midfield of the eagles getting overwhelmed by the young hard demons midfielders, with harmes continuing to blanket Shuey. Max Gawn also becoming a factor as he has parked the bus to null the twin towers influence in the eagles forward line. A shift of momentum gives the demons a real sniff going into the last as the eagles look tired on a hot perth Saturday. Eagles lead 10.8 68 to demons 8.9 57.

Cripps calms the home crowd with a crafty goal early in the fourth as the eagles try to shut the game down by holding possession. An unusual errant kick from skipper hurn results in a petracca gift bringing the score back to within two goals. 15 minutes of manic pressure with the demons doing all the hard work but no reward on the scoreboard with 5 mins left, being down by 8. A heroic run down by frost on Liam Ryan who thought he was walking into an open goal results in a tom mcdonald mark 45 out down the other end. Slots it. 1.45 left. Crickets.

Shuey bursts through the middle kicks near the boundary, Darling marks near the boundary 35 out tough kick. takes the full thirty and goes for the snap around the body, missing to the near side. Tory straight down the guts. Guess who marks it?....
Gawn!
Nearly screws it up by handballing Viney into trouble but they keep it moving forward and a boundary throw in 35 out demons forward fifty. Everyone is there. Gawn thumps it into the deep pocket where Melksham is taken high by Barrass. Siren goes. Melksham can't run around for the tasty snap. Lines up and dogs it straight through the middle. You can feel BT's boner through the telly. Demons win 11.12 78 defeating Eagles 11.9 75. 58,600 attendance.

lol....good read

Richmond def Collingwood by 30, 100,000, Pies will fight hard but the Tigers have too many weapons all over the ground. It will be a good battle for most of the game but I expect Richmond to kick away.
Melbourne def West Coast by 36, 59,500, it's going to be a very warm day and you'd expect somebody will run out of legs, hopefully it is the Eagles that run out of legs so come on Dees you can do it and become the first 5th place team to reach a grand final since 1998.

Richmond has only met Melbourne once in the grand final, in 1940. Neither Collingwood or Richmond have played West Coast in the grand final.

We have the extra week's break so you'd think we'd be the fresher to run it out. Plus we finish strong. It could backfire though if we start slow and they run away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich def Collingwood 5pts 98k

I mentioned many times I think Collingwood matches up well against Richmond. Wouldn't be surprised if they do cause an upset, but will be a close game either way

West Coast def Melbourne 16pts 58k
West Coast look a little vulnerable with the loss of Nic Nat and Gaff. Though they should get over Melbourne with the home ground advantage and the rest. I know they lost the Melb at their home about 6 weeks ago, but I think they would have learned from that and won't happen again.

Last edited:
Crowds

Mcg ....98,000 ...2k always stay home

Optus west coast 57,200 melb 2600 if they can get flights at $1600. .....

Winners

Pies yup I’m tipping an upset in Melbourne ...dusty will not be 100%.....there no logic to it ...just a hunch tip

Wce ....the heat will affect Melbourne

Will be a ripping weekend

Richmond by 24.

Dare to dream. Collingwood have had a great year and it's been a great ride but Richmond are the best side in it and deserve to be favorites for this game and for the Grand Final. I think the game will live up to the billing though, we won't leave anything out there, but the Tigers will go forward.

West Coast by 7.

I want to tip Melbourne but West Coast have proven that with those two big forwards, over there in Perth, that they're very hard to beat and I don't think Melbourne will do it again.

But I'll be barracking for the opposite results to my predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back