Week 3 Tips and crowd expectations.

Remove this Banner Ad

How so? was just pointing out that your post was factually incorrect.
LeboPie explained the crowd difference based on all the finals you’ve played, yet we’ve played 9 ourselves this decade, and each of the Melbourne ones have had over 90,000 in attendance. Not Collingwoods though.

One premiership each so eh

LeboPie explained the crowd difference based on all the finals you’ve played, yet we’ve played 9 ourselves this decade, and each of the Melbourne ones have had over 90,000 in attendance. Not Collingwoods though.

One premiership each so eh
I think the point he was making regarding crowd differences was that it's a result of finals appearances being a more common occurrence for us

A bit rich from Mr Cockarfitt to be quoting arrogance!
Don't confuse confidence with arrogance. Your supporter base is arrogant. I'll be the first on here to offer congratulations if I'm wrong and you cause an upset. You blokes lack class and respect.

Yeah oh definitely that was his point, however I disagree haha, I don’t think there’s a big enough difference

Of course there is. It’s basic laws of marketing and sales. Scarcity creates demand.

If you don’t understand that the fact that Richmond had experienced such a long flag drought and such a long prelim drought (what was it, 15 years?) created increased demand for the 2017 game then you are either being disingenuous or too dumb to understand.

The Pies were in a GF last year and have played in what, 8-9 prelims in the last 20 years? It’s not a rare occurrence so the momentum isn’t there to create not only regular fan base demand but also ‘bandwagon’ demand (not criticising btw, all clubs have massive bandwagons if successful from people that don’t attend when the team is doing poorly).

None of it means anything on who the biggest club is despite what some here will have you think. Club size and strength has to be measured by multiple factors and over a long enough period, not one metric (home finals crowd vs interstate) over one or two years of success.

Don't confuse confidence with arrogance. Your supporter base is arrogant. I'll be the first on here to offer congratulations if I'm wrong and you cause an upset. You blokes lack class and respect.
Glad you're confident you have every right to be finishing minor premiers. Pressure will be on both clubs hopefully its a ripper game & I score a bloody ticket tomorow!
Ticket then flight then 🍺🍻 all day Friday straight as I depart.

Glad you're confident you have every right to be finishing minor premiers. Pressure will be on both clubs hopefully its a ripper game & I score a bloody ticket tomorow!
Ticket then flight then 🍺🍻 all day Friday straight as I depart.
Good luck mate and look after any women and children after the game who are likely to get abused and bashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course there is. It’s basic laws of marketing and sales. Scarcity creates demand.

If you don’t understand that the fact that Richmond had experienced such a long flag drought and such a long prelim drought (what was it, 15 years?) created increased demand for the 2017 game then you are either being disingenuous or too dumb to understand.

The Pies were in a GF last year and have played in what, 8-9 prelims in the last 20 years? It’s not a rare occurrence so the momentum isn’t there to create not only regular fan base demand but also ‘bandwagon’ demand (not criticising btw, all clubs have massive bandwagons if successful from people that don’t attend when the team is doing poorly).

None of it means anything on who the biggest club is despite what some here will have you think. Club size and strength has to be measured by multiple factors and over a long enough period, not one metric (home finals crowd vs interstate) over one or two years of success.

I laugh so much at the though that Richmond fans think they are biggest and best club in the country after about 2 years of success after being absolutely trash for almost the last 30 years.

With Greene out for GWS Collingwood by 54 points......easy win for the Pies 73k

With Hawkins out for Geelong Richmond by 37 points.........win for the Tigers 74k

I think the point he was making regarding crowd differences was that it's a result of finals appearances being a more common occurrence for us
72k Compared with 95k is a big big difference. Common occurrence, don't care, or the best of all - blockbuster fatigue....yeah right. Gold.Eddie spin at its finest.

Yeah oh definitely that was his point, however I disagree haha, I don’t think there’s a big enough difference
Richmond had never won a QF and gone straight through to a PF as favourite since the introduction of the final 8...which was 20+ years ago in 1994!

It was way back in 1982 when Richmond actually played a final at the G where the winner would head to the GF!!

A 35 year wait, can any other club claim a 35 year wait between them a actually being favs to make it to a GF!? That is horrendous...the first chance for a couple of generations of Tigers to actually see their team win through to a GF!

And Pies v GWS last year wasn’t a PF...

This year it will be just another to add to 02,03,07,09,10,11,18 - don’t have the pent up demand as we have been there done that!

You ain’t richmond,

You got 72k against them last time

Semi final.....Collingwood in 2002 drew 89,000 v Adelaide in the prelim final the following year 77,000 v Port Adelaide with a reduced 80,000 capacity!! Will be 85,000 Collingwood fans minimum!!!

Collingwood is the biggest drawing club in the competition in 2019

72k Compared with 95k is a big big difference. Common occurrence, don't care, or the best of all - blockbuster fatigue....yeah right. Gold.Eddie spin at its finest.

You comparing a semi final crowd to a prelim final crowd? Did you see the weather last year? Was raining and hail storms for nearly the whole day and the rain stopped at 7:00 pm that night and it was only 4 degrees as well!! To get 70,000 Collingwood fans was an awesome effort l!!

Richmond should try and draw over 1.2 million during the home and away season like the pies have done 6 times including this year then try and compare and talking about being bigger then Collingwood

Most neutrals want an old school VFL biffo GF between Richmond v Collingwood, bring out the GF confetti and the "TIGER TUFF" and "HOT PIES" banners

Geelong v Collingwood has been done, and seeing the AFL's orange Ferrari in the big one would be meh

The only benefit would be more richmond supporters being able to get tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back