Prediction Week 4 Excuse Thread

What is it this week

• If the game finished after a quarter, we'd be 3-1!

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Media scrutiny got to the boys, so at 0-4 and with Good Friday coming I'll back them in for it

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • You wanted changes, well Hrovat came in for LDU and played well.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I read that its darkest before dawn, so I'll stick with the boys

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • We got beaten 30-8 in centre clearances, but stats can be somewhat misleading

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Just didn't take our chances in front of goal

• I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT I'M DOING

• We made a late change because I didn't want to hurt Dom/Tarryn's feelings on Thursday night

• What do you want me to say? Just hang in there.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Meow...meoooowwww...meeeeeoowwwwww

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
Hi All

This week it was a tale of two halves - one we won, and the other irrelevant

We also know there's a lot to selection, and we can find out what that means on Thursday night.

Just wish the media would stop drumming up unrest!

Options above:

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Adelaide are a good side."

"It takes a lot of effort and preparation to beat teams that aspire to play finals."

"We are still trying to balance the midfield to get things right. Right now, it seems we still have work to do."

"I thought, we, were good around the contests. We battled pretty well."

"Adelaide were just the better team tonight."

"I thought our first half was great, but we just couldn't capitalise."

"It was bitterly disappointing to see such a good effort go to waste."

"We will re-assess what we need to do to improve."

"I don't think our midfield is the problem, I think we just need to tweak some things."

"I think we played well when we won those early clearances in the first quarter."

"Adelaide took control of the game and we need to address that somehow."

"We are a good side, just need to make sure the core playing group keeps performing well."

"There are a couple of things to rectify and time will tell if we can fix those things."

It was always going to be difficult playing a freshened up Crows coming off a Six Day Break. Adelaide are a quality side and difficult to negate when in that sort of form.

I don't think we are that far off it. There are certainly patches in the games that we are playing a brand of football that can hold up against the bettter sides. We just need to sustain it for longer.

Yep, Centre Clearances are still an issue for us but I thought we controlled large portions of the midfield battle.

Rory Sloane is a quality player. Sometimes you need to sit back and admire a player of his calibre.

Look, like I said last week. I'm not going to discuss who may miss out at selection. I'll back my players in.

I don't feel under pressure. It isn't the start we expected but like I said we aren't far off it. We will continue to work hard.

Meow. :stern look

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was always going to be difficult playing a freshened up Crows coming off a Six Day Break. Adelaide are a quality side and difficult to negate when in that sort of form.

I don't think we are that far off it. There are certainly patches in the games that we are playing a brand of football that can hold up against the bettter sides. We just need to sustain it for longer.

Yep, Centre Clearances are still an issue for us but I thought we controlled large portions of the midfield battle.

Rory Sloane is a quality player. Sometimes you need to sit back and admire a player of his calibre.

Look, like I said last week. I'm not going to discuss who may miss out at selection. I'll back my players in.

I don't feel under pressure. It isn't the start we expected but like I said we aren't far off it. We will continue to work hard.

lol

AbbaRoos

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2005
Sweden
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"Adelaide are a good side."

"It takes a lot of effort and preparation to beat teams that aspire to play finals."

"We are still trying to balance the midfield to get things right. Right now, it seems we still have work to do."

"I thought, we, were good around the contests. We battled pretty well."

"Adelaide were just the better team tonight."

"I thought our first half was great, but we just couldn't capitalise."

"It was bitterly disappointing to see such a good effort go to waste."

"We will re-assess what we need to do to improve."

"I don't think our midfield is the problem, I think we just need to tweak some things."

"I think we played well when we won those early clearances in the first quarter."

"Adelaide took control of the game and we need to address that somehow."

"We are a good side, just need to make sure the core playing group keeps performing well."

"There are a couple of things to rectify and time will tell if we can fix those things."

LOL, Now we know who Brad's script writer is

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

This is scary lol

Long Live the King

Premiership Player
Feb 24, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought it was a loss full of character. It was set up pretty well in the final three quarters and probably if we kicked straight, held some more marks, tackled a little more it could have been a smaller margin.
We knew at quarter time that the Crows would respond and they duly obliged. They were really hard and tough in the contest – in the second quarter in particular – and got the game played back on their terms.
I think it shows a fair bit of character to be able to stand up against that momentum. Our guys did that really well.
It’s been well documented that we’ve had a couple of big losses this year. And we always say we learn from our mistakes and we go away and work on it. I thought today was a really good sign that the guys are responding to that.

If you'd stopped this game during the warmup we'd all be here saying what a classic nail biting contest this was down to the very last minute only to end in a slightly deflating draw.

If you'd stopped this game during the warmup we'd all be here saying what a classic nail biting contest this was down to the very last minute only to end in a slightly deflating draw.

Oh my god, that did make me laugh! :D

We weren't expecting Adelaide to exploit Luke's and Jamie's weaknesses, so the 8 goals that their half forwards managed are the difference right there. Take those out and we almost win the game. You can't plan for everything an opposition coach might do.

“I thought it was a much improved effort and, as I said to the boys in the rooms post game, that’s how an ELITE football team close the deal with a win. We’ll take plenty of learnings from that, especially our young blokes.”

Look, we want to be able to mix it with the best. We've had George Calombaris and Maggie Beer working closely with the boys and ultimately their mixing skills are improving every week.

Back