Prediction Week 4 Excuse Thread

What is it this week

• If the game finished after a quarter, we'd be 3-1!

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Media scrutiny got to the boys, so at 0-4 and with Good Friday coming I'll back them in for it

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • You wanted changes, well Hrovat came in for LDU and played well.

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I read that its darkest before dawn, so I'll stick with the boys

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • We got beaten 30-8 in centre clearances, but stats can be somewhat misleading

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Just didn't take our chances in front of goal

• I DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT I'M DOING

• We made a late change because I didn't want to hurt Dom/Tarryn's feelings on Thursday night

• What do you want me to say? Just hang in there.

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Meow...meoooowwww...meeeeeoowwwwww

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Did anybody tip: 'The players aren't gelling quick enough because we have too many new recruits'?

Because Brad Scotts is getting in early with his Week 4 excuses:

“It’s probably taken a little bit longer for us to gel as a team than I anticipated,” the coach said before training on Wednesday.

“With bringing in seven or so new players and really wanting to inject Bailey Scott and Tarryn Thomas into our team in addition to five other players from other clubs I thought we could bring them together a little quicker than we have.

“That’s been in hindsight a bit of an error on my behalf because I probably brought them all in at the same time because I anticipated we could gel a lot quicker.''

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/too-much-too-soon-for-roos-20190410-p51cty.html

In other words,

'It is my fault that it is the players' fault'.

This is a rich man's version of 'If you stopped the game at half time we would have won'.

Brad's putting more thought into it. I like it.

This is the smooth-talking salesman we signed up for. Glad he is back in form.

dwog25

Debutant
Sep 6, 2014
Adeliade crows handled the marvel sandpit better than we did. We were expecting a better surface for our players to deliver their foot and hand skills but it seemed the crows adjusted accordingly. The slight breeze swirling around the stadium made the ball do weird things.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Did anybody tip: 'The players aren't gelling quick enough because we have too many new recruits'?

Because Brad Scotts is getting in early with his Week 4 excuses:

“It’s probably taken a little bit longer for us to gel as a team than I anticipated,” the coach said before training on Wednesday.

“With bringing in seven or so new players and really wanting to inject Bailey Scott and Tarryn Thomas into our team in addition to five other players from other clubs I thought we could bring them together a little quicker than we have.

“That’s been in hindsight a bit of an error on my behalf because I probably brought them all in at the same time because I anticipated we could gel a lot quicker.''

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/too-much-too-soon-for-roos-20190410-p51cty.html

In other words,

'It is my fault that it is the players' fault'.

This is a rich man's version of 'If you stopped the game at half time we would have won'.

Brad's putting more thought into it. I like it.

This is the smooth-talking salesman we signed up for. Glad he is back in form.

Spoken like a true politician.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
488FF063-C676-4D56-9BB4-802D09F1E81A.jpeg
Blackadder

Back