Roast Weekend for Bernie

Where did Tim Vince think Bernie do his best work?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've gotten a bit frustrated with him this year (Played horribly out of position) but regardless of how 2017 goes he has been a great pickup for Melbourne. Probably the best kick for goal on his weak foot since Aka, is such a beautiful finisher.

I would love to see in our home game against Geelong, Bernie run out onto the ground WWE style and give him a few of these

Roos commentary is interesting. "No love lost between these two". Reckon he let something slip there.

It's funny - I laughed through that clip this time.

I've gotten a bit frustrated with him this year (Played horribly out of position) but regardless of how 2017 goes he has been a great pickup for Melbourne. Probably the best kick for goal on his weak foot since Aka, is such a beautiful finisher.
Yeah I agree, he switches feet easily.

In that Vince v Danger highlights reel; camera shows Danger on the phone and Roo mentions that Walsh would be talking to him. :'(

Key Vince memory that haunts me is the 2009 semi v Collingwood; Vince takes a mark on the 50m line but instead of going back and drilling it like he can, he shorts it to Brent Reilly. Reilly takes a set shot and misses. :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it is interesting looking back at Bernie.

I was a huge fan, but looking at that trade I would hope the club would do it 100 times out of 100.

Bernies best was great, but it never came ebough and I don't recall it coming when the club actually needed it, like in big finals.

I'm not really suprised he won a B & F at Melbourne reall, I think we just had too big of expectations on him in the end.

Shame that we had to lose Bernie, unfortunately I don't think he was getting the best out of himself at Adelaide and the move has probably prolonged his career. It has also given us a 250 game player in Matt Crouch.
I still won't forget this, initially was a bit of a shock as bernie was adelaide through and through, but Adelaide needed to get back into the draft and we needed decent experienced players. So everyone was a winner except fremantle who picked up Sylvia. He certainly was important to turning the club in the right direction in 2014, the image of him celebrating that upset win against adelaide comes to my mind as my favourite Bernie vince moment.

I still won't forget this, initially was a bit of a shock as bernie was adelaide through and through, but Adelaide needed to get back into the draft and we needed decent experienced players. So everyone was a winner except fremantle who picked up Sylvia. He certainly was important to turning the club in the right direction in 2014, the image of him celebrating that upset win against adelaide comes to my mind as my favourite Bernie vince moment.
High five

I know crouch is a long term investment, but gee Vince would be handy for you guys this season with your top 4 chances looking high

Not sure, Bernie has seemed a bit cooked recently. Matt Crouch has been fantastic for us and I'd rather him than Vince right now

Not sure, Bernie has seemed a bit cooked recently. Matt Crouch has been fantastic for us and I'd rather him than Vince right now

Yeah he's being played in defence and his lack of speed is catching up with him. I'm sure he could still do some serious damage on a wing though

Back