Weekend Warriors - How many careers now done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
With 2020 being a write off for community/weekend sport, there is probably many out there who very well may not get to take that final farewell out on the ground. Who knows if 2021 will see weekend sport back to normal? We ain't getting any younger and 12 months off competitive sport isn't super easy for the regular layperson to get back into once that routine is broken

I'm a tragic and will be kitting up whenever it is possible, but there is a thought in the back of my head which is suggesting there is a likely chance that I won't actually get to do that again

Anyone else on the verge of a premature 'retirement' from weekend sport if it doesn't get back up and running within a certain time frame? Will be a sad way for a lot of us to bow out

Anyone else on the verge of a premature 'retirement' from weekend sport if it doesn't get back up and running within a certain time frame? Will be a sad way for a lot of us to bow out

This season was to be my last before retiring into pilates and yoga pants but I might see what happens next year before throwing it in altogether.

With 2020 being a write off for community/weekend sport, there is probably many out there who very well may not get to take that final farewell out on the ground. Who knows if 2021 will see weekend sport back to normal? We ain't getting any younger and 12 months off competitive sport isn't super easy for the regular layperson to get back into once that routine is broken

I'm a tragic and will be kitting up whenever it is possible, but there is a thought in the back of my head which is suggesting there is a likely chance that I won't actually get to do that again

I'm not playing any sport at the moment, my over 30s basketball team got decimated by suspensions a few years ago ha ha. I'm keen to get back into it though, hoping someone I know organises a team once this is all over.

A few amateur footy clubs in Perth are really struggling due to players not coming back for the 5 round season. Sad to see once string clubs now fighting for survival, but it is what it is in an environment where so many organizations are on their knees.

A few amateur footy clubs in Perth are really struggling due to players not coming back for the 5 round season. Sad to see once string clubs now fighting for survival, but it is what it is in an environment where so many organizations are on their knees.
Theres all ways sports grants build a female change room or a gun club

srs
alot would have gone bust without the crowds beers and sausage sizzle so to open crowdless was worse than not

Melbourne metro cricket competitions face interesting times if the season gets delayed.

Will the season only start if cases get down to zero? players need to do some sought of pre season to avoid injuries.

Would playing games with restrictions and no social activities allowed after games be worth the hassle for some?

If the season is shortened and more one day games get played could that appeal to some to play when they perhaps wouldn't of in a normal season?

Some football careers will definitely be over if the 2021 doesn't happen, surely not!

Nope. Will do CrossFit til I die, or permanently incapacitated.

Melbourne metro cricket competitions face interesting times if the season gets delayed.

Will the season only start if cases get down to zero? players need to do some sought of pre season to avoid injuries.

Would playing games with restrictions and no social activities allowed after games be worth the hassle for some?

If the season is shortened and more one day games get played could that appeal to some to play when they perhaps wouldn't of in a normal season?

Out: Multi-day games
In: Twenty20 :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm closer to 50 than 40, and have continued to play basketball at a reasonably high level up until the shutdown. I'm feeling out of shape, and know it will take a sustained effort to come back after 6-12 months not playing. I promised myself I'd hold on until I got to play a game in the same team as my son (6-7 years away), so hopefully that will motivate me to get back in shape when we finally get going again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back