Podcast Weekly North Melbourne Podcast: The Stern Look

Shinboner/Villian of the Week

• Total voters
I was thinking of creating (in unison with people more technically able than l with podcasting) a weekly podcast for the North board, on a Thursday night after team selections or later in the week before each game. It seems we are a little behind the eight ball a bit behind some other clubs, so why not create a podcast of 4-5 of our more renowned posters and myself.

Twinkletoes , B Tron , Spitta2Azza and my esteemed ladies and gents of the north board, what do you think.

Daz , LCynic , NiceCunnington , Nate7 , NorthernLights , Dan
Gasometer, royals1922 , GreatBradScott , MaddAdam

Interested at all in getting involved?

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...pposition-poster-to-add-colour.1088202/page-2

Looking at using skype technology and edit it, but l am a bit newish to it all.

Last edited:
I'm happy to assist with any help that is needed.

I run the BigFooty SFA podcast so any tips or tricks you are after, give us a call.
Will definitely do that, thanks, l feel collectively we have a bit to offer in terms of a board podcast and getting an opposition poster on here as well in the match lead up.

Bump some of the old threads about North Board podcasts, there were a lot of volunteers in those, some of them may still be keen to offer assistance.
There were some real old threads, the only real recent one was back with before the rd 1 adealide one with Spitta participating in the crow's one. I'll add names to OP as l go through the old threads.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Will definitely do that, thanks, l feel collectively we have a bit to offer in terms of a board podcast and getting an opposition poster on here as well in the match lead up.

No sweat mate :thumbsu:

If you are gonna take the reins the first thing you'll want to do is hit up Chief to create a North Melbourne podcast channel on iTunes and then get pulled into the Podcast PM.

The software required is pretty straight forward. Skype obviously. I just got a generic Skype recorder off Google and then use Audacity for editing.

No sweat mate :thumbsu:

If you are gonna take the reins the first thing you'll want to do is hit up Chief to create a North Melbourne podcast channel on iTunes and then get pulled into the Podcast PM.

The software required is pretty straight forward. Skype obviously. I just got a generic Skype recorder off Google and then use Audacity for editing.
Will do with Chief, probably easier with Skype, l firstly need to sort out who is interested, sort out podcast length and get software sorted (which will be quick) even if you pop in yourself every now and again, it'll be great to have our mods involved.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Will do with Chief, probably easier with Skype, l firstly need to sort out who is interested, sort out podcast length and get software sorted (which will be quick) even if you pop in yourself every now and again, it'll be great to have our mods involved.

Yeah, I'll definitely pop in. Strangely though I can create more bullshit about a fictional football league than I can a real club I've supported for twenty odd years. At that, I always record drunk so that may help.

Here's what we end up with over there, if it helps: https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/bigfooty-sweet-football-association/id816787148?mt=2

There is also a Soundcloud account I use which is something to look at for those that are averse to Apple...

Easiest thing to do would be book in some regular segments and estimated length times for these. That will give you the bare bones to work on every week. Then you can flesh it out with happenings during the week and around the league type stuff.

I.e:

Who's Hot, Who's Not? (4-5mins)
Goal & Mark of the Week Discussion (4-5mins)
North Melbourne vs This Weeks Opponent (10mins)
Guest slot (5-10mins)
North News (5mins)

Easiest thing to do would be book in some regular segments and estimated length times for these. That will give you the bare bones to work on every week. Then you can flesh it out with happenings during the week and around the league type stuff.

I.e:

Who's Hot, Who's Not? (4-5mins)
Goal & Mark of the Week Discussion (4-5mins)
North Melbourne vs This Weeks Opponent (10mins)
Guest slot (5-10mins)
North News (5mins)
Thanks for the advice, will develop some good topical discussion questions for each bit. Would you like to get involved yourself?

Thanks for the advice, will develop some good topical discussion questions for each bit. Would you like to get involved yourself?

Unfortunately I work shift work so not really reliable. Not something I could really commit to.

Kangaroos4eva - I didn't get a notification for being tagged in this thread, just happened upon it.
I'd be a willing participant.

Was thinking for a while we should have something and I wasn't going to get involved in that Bay 13 garbage.

I'll PM a few things through to you and hopefully your idea materialises.

Kangaroos4eva - I didn't get a notification for being tagged in this thread, just happened upon it.
I'd be a willing participant.

Was thinking for a while we should have something and I wasn't going to get involved in that Bay 13 garbage.

I'll PM a few things through to you and hopefully your idea materialises.
AFS of the week? ;)

FWIW I'm happy to help out in a guest type of thing but would be dependent on work etc.

AFS of the week? ;)

I can give a round up of all things AFS, Tinder, General Discussion Board and what our esteemed posters like TPA, DP et al are doing over there!
I may even commit a live AFS like I did for that thread. :)

In all seriouslyness, happy to include some VFL stuff and maybe a few things I've seen through my working week in regards to any AFL team/players.

Tbh l would love for this to be a collaborative effort. Throw together your ideas Nate and I'll add them to my own and dp's ideas of scheduling.

Back