Resource Weekly stats from the paper - 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately, the claims of "meaningless" often come not when stats are not used in context, but when they are used in context but unhelpful to an argument.
Agreed.

But clubs get to see a lot more than we can.

They see pressure acts within the context of types of play, rather than just a game-wise tally per player (which doesn't mean a whole lot).

Agreed.

They see pressure acts within the context of types of play, rather than just a game-wise tally per player (which doesn't mean a whole lot).
Indeed. I have looked at PAs in a number of different ways (earlier in this thread actually) and they are still one of the most confounding in terms of meaning from a layperson's perspective IMO.

Agreed.

All of the numbers they do publish can be broken down further. But we can only use what we have.

Indeed. I have looked at PAs in a number of different ways (earlier in this thread actually) and they are still one of the most confounding in terms of meaning from a layperson's perspective IMO.

I gave up trying to understand it we just don't get enough context to make sense of it from numbers alone. Too often the same pressure stat numbers can mean completely different things

I gave up trying to understand it we just don't get enough context to make sense of it from numbers alone. Too often the same pressure stat numbers can mean completely different things
There are clear patterns. Teams that win more of the ball have fewer PAs (makes sense). Some players (e.g. Blicavs) are clearly either excellent at applying pressure or given a role to focus on it. It is not without use to a layperson but I find it the most difficult of all available stats to usefully interpret.

See he admits it, so Doctor Gero if you want to know any players individual stat don't be afraid to ask #evilCE . No number of times is too many,
Lonergan gained a season high 363 metres.

#teasing
#evilCE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back