Ween

Remove this Banner Ad

I bought La Cucaracha yesterday from JB (only $21.95 which is great for a brand new full length album) and it is awesome, had a listen yesterday and again today at work and it is true Ween. A few genre's attempted successfully but the rockin "With my own bare hands" is the stand out for mine.

They also posted on their website that they are close to announcing Australian tour dates for next year.

Boognish is coming!!!!!!!!!!!

ween did that song the rainbow (off the chef aid album), right? thats a grouse song.

Yeah, its called Homo Rainbow and it wails.

"There's many colours in the homo rainbow, don't be afraid to let your colours shine...."

Melbourne is the 6th March at the Forum with a spare date on the 7th before they appear at the Meredith Festival on the 8th.

Here's what is confirmed
in Australia:
Thursday 28-Feb TBA
(this date is up in the
air)

Friday 29-Feb
Brisbane -The Tivoli

Saturday 1-Mar Sydney
- Enmore Theater

Monday 3-Mar Adelaide
-The Gov

Tuesday 4-Mar Perth -
Capital

Thursday 6-Mar
Melbourne - The Forum

Friday 7-Mar TBA

Saturday 8-Mar
Meredith- Golden Plains
Festival

BOOGNISH IS COMING!!!

Yeah saw in the Hun this morning that its at the Forum, 6th March.

I cannot wait for this gig and let me tell you now, i'll be so off my face on so much s**t its not funny :D

I don't think you will be Robinson Crusoe there mate.

It's great they are playing smaller venues for the people that get to see them it's just a shame more people aren't aware of this band. I've been listening to The Mollusk at work this morning and am getting excited about Feb/March already.

I lick my brain in silence
rather squeeze my head instead
midget man provoking violence
listen not to what I said

I said please calm it down
everything is turning brown

Mutilated lips give a kiss on the wrist
of the worm like tips of tentacles expanding
in my mind, I'm fine, accepting only fresh brine
you can get another drop of this, yeah you wish...

Laughing lady living lover
ooo you sassy frassy lassie
find me the skull of Haile Sellase, I...
give me shoes so I can tapsy
tap all over this big world
take my hand you ugly girl....

It just doesn't get any better than this........

I'll be there, gonna be a great gig. No matter what.
These guys are so damn loose, it's a necessity to be there.

I hope they play 'freedom of 76'. That will get me pumped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought three tickets on Wednesday morning. Picked them up from the Post Office this morning.

At $54.30 a ticket, this is about 1000 times better than paying $137.00 to go see that completely shithouse BDO lineup (Arcade Fire, Battles and Spoon being the exceptions).

Bring on March!!!!

Jeez, I saw Ween twice the last time they played in Melbourne (on the Chocolate and Cheese tour). The first was on Alternative Nation, the second was at an absolutely packed Evelyn. They frigging rocked. Shame I won't have the chance to see them this time around.

Jeez, I saw Ween twice the last time they played in Melbourne (on the Chocolate and Cheese tour). The first was on Alternative Nation, the second was at an absolutely packed Evelyn. They frigging rocked. Shame I won't have the chance to see them this time around.

Mate they are headlining (I think) the Golden Plains Festival which is at the same spot the Meredith Festival is held. I got an email yesterday saying tickets were still available for that. Don't miss it, you of all people know what you will be misssing...

Mate they are headlining (I think) the Golden Plains Festival which is at the same spot the Meredith Festival is held. I got an email yesterday saying tickets were still available for that. Don't miss it, you of all people know what you will be misssing...
If I could, I would've made sure I got tickets to the Forum gig. But I'm living in regional WA, so I've got no hope. Sucks to be me.

Watched the 'Live in Chicago' dvd last night as a warm-up.

My only 'must do' of the night is to make sure I'm stage right, just so I can watch and figure out how the hell Dean Ween plays what he plays.

If only I can whittle down my dream setlist from 50 or so songs...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back