Ween

Remove this Banner Ad

I know they'll probably play it and it's not really a rarity, but I'm hoping Perth isn't the night they decide to rest 'Transdermal Celebration'. That s**t rocks so hard.

But I'm dying to hear 'Woman & Man' live...

Fingers crossed!

I know they'll probably play it and it's not really a rarity, but I'm hoping Perth isn't the night they decide to rest 'Transdermal Celebration'. That s**t rocks so hard.

But I'm dying to hear 'Woman & Man' live...

Fingers crossed!

I think going on past history of elongating songs and woman & man being an 11 minute song they are more than likely to turn it in to a "poop ship destroyer" style epic of at least 20 minutes :eek:.

As for Transdermal Celebration have you seen the film clip some bloke did for it? Its in the special features of the Live in Chicago dvd or its pretty easy to find on the infonet but you have to check it out. I'd do that link think but have no idea how to do it so if anyone else can it might be a good thing to do and may even convert some people to the gospel music that is Ween that we know and love.

[YOUTUBE]DU91POX33aE[/YOUTUBE]

Excellent song and clip :)

Thanks Hale - It is a great clip and "apparently" some bloke did it on his home compooter! Smarter man than me. There is a great Lego clip for the Mollusk out there somewhere on the infonet too if anyone cares enough to seek it out.

Thanks Hale - It is a great clip and "apparently" some bloke did it on his home compooter!
No probs, yeh the first time I saw it on rage I wondered what the story was with the clip, as it had a bit of a home-brew flavour to it.
I just now went and had a bit of a look around, and came across the story of it's creation.
Done by an Aussie too no less :thumbsu:

Are you planning on seeing them live when they get our here Hale? I truly am having trouble waiting. I haven't been this keen to see a band since I saw the Pixies last year. I missed Ween last time because a ferry I was on from Kangaroo Island back to the mainland was delayed and meant I missed the whole show. I am trying to sort out some accomodation in Sydney for the night after the Brisbane show so I can see them again while they are here. If it's half as good as Live in Chicago it will be amazing.

Not sure yet... I'm not really a huge Ween fan.
I guess I've liked most of their stuff I've heard on JJJ over the years, but when I've tried to listen to entire albums, it hasn't 'grabbed' me as such. Might have to give em another go over the next month.

Recommendations?

I get the idea they're very eclectic in sound... have they ever done anything that sounds remotely similar to Transdermal?

Transdermal Celebration is off the album Quebec and is one of the more listener friendly albums they have done. If I was trying to "ease" someone into Ween I would start with Quebec, The Mollusk or White Pepper. I wouldn't have a personal favourite as all their albums offer something completely different and are usually themed. Chocolate and Cheese is the album that convinced me of their genius but with song tiles like "spinal meningitis (got me down)" and "mister would you please help my pony" it is off putting to some.

Songs similar to TC? Buckingham Green from The Mollusk is as close as I can think of off the top of my head but if you can get a copy of the Live in Chicago dvd they play a great cross section from their albums and I'm sure you will want to see them live after seeing it.

Sorry, had to revive this thread because,

Today is the day.

Ween play in Australia for the first time in over 10 years at the Tivoli in Brisbane. According to reports they have played 3 hour sets with over 40 songs at their 2 shows in New Zealand.

If anyone is interested I will post a set list when I recover some time Sunday.

It will be a Transdermal Celebration of epic proportions.

I am heading to the Melbourne show at the Forum on Thursday night. When tickets went on sale my mate insisted I go as he has been raving about Ween for years. I was more circumspect. I'd heard their stuff on public radio and JJJ, and stuff like Transdermal Celebration, Freedom of 76, Voodoo Lady, Even If You Don't etc. Their more popular stuff.

He gave me all their albums to listen to a few months back. As a result I cannot wait for this gig. Cannot wait to hear songs like Piss Up a Rope, Gabrielle, Hey There Fancy Pants, Ocean Man.

Ween appeal to many tastes so it will be an interesting crowd no doubt. It's going to be a good night if they play for three hours and forty tracks as has been discussed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something resembling the Brisbane setlist (apparently)

Buckingham Green
Spinal Meningitis
Bananas and blow
Piss up a rope
Voodoo Lady
Your Party
dont get too close (2 my fantasy)
Take Me Away
Transdermal Celebration
Even If You Dont Object
Exactly Where Im At
Mutilated Lips
Roses Are Free
Learnin 2 Live
My Own Bare Hands
Wavin' My Dick
Johnny on the Spot
Mister, Won't You Please Help My Pony
Mr Richard Smoker
Fat Leny
Mollusk
Ocean Man
Stroker Ace
Touch My Tooter
Dr Rock
Shamemaker
Fiesta
LMLYP

Can't wait until Tuesday!!!

^^^^^ That is very close IIRC but I am sure there were a few more somgs played?

I had written down the set list but somewhere between Ween finishing at about 11 and getting home at 6 it went missing... Go Figure.

Was an amazing show and there were many many hightlights, for me it was everything I had hoped it would be and then some. For you guys yet to see them you are in for an absolute treat.

All hail Boognish.

Just the usual crew

Dean, Gene, Claude on drums, Dave on Bass and Glenn on Keyboards.

They went onstage about 8 played for 2 1/2 hours solid then had a 5 minute break. The encore was only 1 song (L.M.L.Y.P.) but it went for 10-15 minutes.

Truly amazing gig. Dean shreds that guitar and Gene was in fine vocal form I am very jealous of those heading to the Gov tonight in Adelaide.

Perth last night was as killer show as I've seen.

On stage 8:45pm. Off stage some time after 11:30pm.

I've no idea of a correct setlist, but these were some of the songs that were played;

Stallion Pt. V
The Going Gets Tough From the Getgo
Voodoo Lady
Transdermal Celebration
Doctor Rock
Buckingham Green
You ****ed Up
The Mollusk
Wavin' My Dick in the Wind
Piss Up a Rope
Help Me Scrape the Mucus Off My Brain
Fiesta
Your Party
Zoloft
Tried and True
Captain
Stroker Ace
Touch My Tooter
Bananas and Blow
Spinal Meningitis (Got Me Down)
Slow Down Boy
Freedom of 76
Take Me Away
Beacon Light
I'll Be Your Johnny On the Spot
Mutilated Lips

Only two from La Cucaracha, but we got 'Slow Down Boy' from the Friends EP which more than makes up for it.

*bump*

For those interested there is a new Ween CD/DVD and bonus T-shirt available online at www.chocodogmerch.com called "Cats in the Cradle". It is a live concert from the 1992 so has all the old classics.

Mine was shipped from the US on Monday so I'll let you know how good it is when it gets here.........

*bump*

For those interested there is a new Ween CD/DVD and bonus T-shirt available online at www.chocodogmerch.com called "Cats in the Cradle". It is a live concert from the 1992 so has all the old classics.

Mine was shipped from the US on Monday so I'll let you know how good it is when it gets here.........

My missus has ordered it for me for Xmas, but I don't think I can wait that long.

I still love God Ween Satan - Up on th' hill, Cold and wet and L.M.L.Y.P are classics.

My missus has ordered it for me for Xmas, but I don't think I can wait that long.

I still love God Ween Satan - Up on th' hill, Cold and wet and L.M.L.Y.P are classics.

Received mine Monday Juicy1 and it is sensational. If you love God Ween Satan you will love it. The DVD is hilarious and the album is pure Ween genius. Just Dean and Gene and an old cassette player with the drums and bass. These guys truly are astounding.

i love that song 'learning to love'

i would love to hear that song on the soundtrack of a quasi-western movie (one of those ones starring tommy lee jones) - eg no country for old men type of movie

that song is just perfect for a movie like that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back