WEG Posters Collection

Remove this Banner Ad

Chrisonater

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Post what WEG and now Knight posters you have including Premiership, Browlow and Special edition. What ones are you looking for and recent ones posted on ebay and any one lucky enough to have the losing team posters.

Ill start at the moment I have all of the Knight Premiership posters and the 2008 WEG Premiership Poster

Ill start at the moment I have all of the Knight Premiership posters and the 2008 WEG Premiership Poster
Great to see you're on your way with collecting Christonater. As far as value goes pre '90 backwards is where items become valuable & a challenge to collect. Good luck.

Last edited:

Every original WEG since '73 & the odd losing WEG with gaps going backwards. WEG cashed in on his fame in the late 90s releasing various posters of all types. I have his entire HeraldSun limited release of 1897 - 1953. My weakness has been not limiting my collection to just WEGs etc. Footy records, footy cards, membership cards, you name it. I've been a tragic! I've come across various collectors over the years & many folk whose collections put mine to shame. Happy collecting!

Every original WEG since '73 & the odd losing WEG with gaps going backwards. WEG cashed in on his fame in the late 90s releasing various posters of all types. I have his entire HeraldSun limited release of 1897 - 1953. My weakness has been not limiting my collection to just WEGs etc. Footy records, footy cards, membership cards, you name it. I've been a tragic! I've come across various collectors over the years & many folk whose collections put mine to shame. Happy collecting!
Nice collection you've got.

What losing wegs do you have?

G'day guys
My collection of Hawk Weg/Knight posters
1961 original is very expensive, so I got a re-print and had John Kennedy(coach) and Graham Arthur(captain) sign it (sigs in beak)
1971 is also a re-print, and I'm searching for an original - they cost upwards of $600
All others are original Weg/Knight posters image.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day guys
My collection of Hawk Weg/Knight posters
1961 original is very expensive, so I got a re-print and had John Kennedy(coach) and Graham Arthur(captain) sign it (sigs in beak)
1971 is also a re-print, and I'm searching for an original - they cost upwards of $600
All others are original Weg/Knight postersView attachment 147382

1961 is now the only one I don't have

But I do need to replace my 1986, 1988 and 1989 ones due to blutac!!!

It's not from the GF straight after the game
It's a limited edition one
Originals don't have the caricature of WEG or the circle in the P of Premiers

So they print a certain number of originals and then after that they are considered reprints?

How many originals are done and where do you get them?

Thanks!

So they print a certain number of originals and then after that they are considered reprints?

How many originals are done and where do you get them?

Thanks!
Yes
The posters that sell straight after the GF at the MCG are the originals, they produce thousands and are sold either at the ground or at certain newsagents and the Heraldsun shop in Southbank for a limited time after the GF.
The original WEG posters are easy to spot as they all have a serial number in the top left hand corner.
Re-print WEG's will say "Weg Art" down the bottom
Special edition WEG's have a circle in the P of Premiers with the numbered edition in it, eg 55 of 150!

As Knight only started in 2009, and are easy to find, there aren't any re-prints AFAIK

eBay is a great place to find old WEG's, but be careful as some are originals and some are re-prints
The colour of the paper is a good indication of age, as paper tends to "yellow" over time

Last edited:
Yes
The posters that sell straight after the GF at the MCG are the originals, they produce thousands and are sold either at the ground or at certain newsagents and the Heraldsun shop in Southbank for a limited time after the GF.
The original WEG posters are easy to spot as they all have a serial number in the top left hand corner.
Re-print WEG's will say "Weg Art" down the bottom
Special edition WEG's have a circle in the P of Premiers with the numbered edition in it, eg 55 of 150!

As Knight only started in 2009, and are easy to find, there aren't any re-prints AFAIK

eBay is a great place to find old WEG's, but be careful as some are originals and some are re-prints
The colour of the paper is a good indication of age, as paper tends to "yellow" over time

Ha! Very interesting ST. Thank you.

Hi Guys,

As WEG fans, you'll probably be interested in a forthcoming auction of original WEG poster drawings, mainly first drafts. We are selling them on behalf of the Green family, at auction on Friday the 28th of August. You can see the images on our website at www.youngsauctions.com.au They will be on view on Wednesday 26th & Thursday 27th of August, in our salerooms at 229 Camberwell Road, East Hawthorn. If you want to know more, call me (David) on (03) 9882-1433. Cheers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back