weight loss supplements

Remove this Banner Ad

You're better off find a calorie deficit eating plan that works for you. Supps like oxyshred provide a very minimal benefit to fat loss.

Those supplements are great if your competing and need to drop every possible gram possible to be under a certain weight, but for every day people the weight loss attributed to any supplements as you mentioned is very very minimal.

Even then athletes competing that need to be under a certain weight will go through a dehydration process to drop the last few kilos.

TRUE

Of course its an an oversimplification of the weight loss process.

But that tenet still holds strong in most cases.;)

In terms of genuine weight loss, your diet is the most crucial variable, regardless of the amount of exercise plans you have in place. You need a caloric deficit to achieve weight loss, exercise allows you to increase the number of daily calories you can consume, but to genuinely lose weight you need to burn more than what you consume daily.

Here's the only one you'll ever need, you'll never run out of it and it's free.

Burpees.

TRUE

Of course its an an oversimplification of the weight loss process.

But that tenet still holds strong in most cases.;)

In terms of genuine weight loss, your diet is the most crucial variable, regardless of the amount of exercise plans you have in place. You need a caloric deficit to achieve weight loss, exercise allows you to increase the number of daily calories you can consume, but to genuinely lose weight you need to burn more than what you consume daily.
It's an oversimplification that is false in cases.

The last paragraph is a much better case, but to just say "move more, eat less" is false, plenty of cases of people getting nowhere because they have gone too far with "eating less" too fast.

I've dropped 2 kilo since Nov 1st
I've eaten chicken and turkey and eggs and home made veg soup
One litre of veg or beef stock, then celery carrots onions broccoli peas capsicum....all veggies
Been having a serve 4 days out of the 5 in the working week.
Mrs has dropped 3 kilo
Can get a little boring eating it all the time so I broke it up with some decent protein
Only other thing I've eaten is either wholemeal or light rye toast with scrambled eggs for breakfast and fruit like kiwis or bananas
Trying to drop a few kilos before I start the weights in a week or so

From experience, overall calorie intake is key. Any legal supp you buy off the shelf will only give you very very minor to no benefits at all.

Weight loss for men is 80% diet. A bit less for women at about 60% from memory.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look it up. It's a well known fact. Use the Google machine if you need lol

Look it up. It's a well known fact. Use the Google machine if you need lol

Clearly it's not a well known fact because I've been working in the fitness industry for 5 years and I've never heard of it before
Google also shows ZERO results for anything resembling what you've just stated so perhaps you can enlighten me?

Clearly it's not a well known fact because I've been working in the fitness industry for 5 years and I've never heard of it before
Google also shows ZERO results for anything resembling what you've just stated so perhaps you can enlighten me?
Add my 4 years, which includes qualifications In nutrition to that
The 80/20, 90/10, 70/30 is more of a meme than a factual rule. Each person will be different. You can't allocate a % to it and generalise to every person
Me and my best friend are perfect examples

Lol

Copy and paste this: "weightloss is 80% diet" into the google machine

Vuala!!

Lol

Vuala!!

I just did, and the entire first page of search results are articles calling it out as bs

Lol

Vuala!!

The first three results (none of which are scientific and ncbi has nothing):
http://www.barbellsandbeakers.com/2012/08/15/is-it-really-80-diet-and-20-exercise-or-is-it-7030/
There is no mathematical way to break down whether exercise or diet is more important for your goals. If you want to run a marathon, changing your diet isn’t going to help you with endurance. Exercise, specifically running, will. This goes the same for any goal – gaining muscle isn’t achieved by just increasing protein consumption, it’s gained by exercise. Sure, the two go hand in hand, but is it really as simple as an 80/20 or 70/30 ratio?

http://www.executivestyle.com.au/weight-loss-why-the-8020-rule-is-rubbish-32z7h

I hear or read it so often you'd think it was carved into stone tablets as the 11th commandment: “Weight loss shalt be 80 per cent diet and 20 per cent fitness”.

I disagree, because losing weight has at least as much to do with what's north of your mouth – your strength of mind, mental wellbeing, and ability to change.

http://www.womenshealth.com.au/arti...eally-80-percent-diet-and-20-percent-exercise
The key to weight loss is achieving a negative energy balance, or taking in less calories than you burn, says Albert Matheny, co-founder of SoHo Strength Lab and PROMIX Nutrition. To shed a single pound, you need to achieve a 3,500 calorie deficit. So if you're following the 80/20 ratio, you'd want to burn approximately 750 calories through exercise and cut an additional 3,000 calories through dieting, says Matheny. That’s a total deficit of 3,750 calories for the week.
Sure, it’s much easier to create a 500-calorie deficit through diet alone than it is to burn 500 calories through exercise, says Lofton. But when you combine a sweat sesh and a healthy diet, you don't have to make many dramatic changes at all. For example, instead of eliminating 500 calories by painstakingly striking all dairy from your diet, you could burn 250 calories at the gym and then cut another 250 calories just by skipping your nightly bowl of ice cream.

You've come in, spouted rubbish, refused to provide an evidence based source, then mocked anyone who questioned you.

And to top it off you think voilà, is spelled Vuala.

Lol
Clearly you didn't read much.
People questioning it and dispelling it yes. Along with people explaining it.

You can work out as much as you want but if you're diet is not in check you are going nowhere.

It is the biggest factor which is why the "average" of 80% is implied as a general rule of thumb.

I have been in and out of the gym for over 20 years and know plenty of people that have real experience, who agree. Including an instructor who competed in Mr Universe several times (finishing 2nd in the medium tall category).

Lol
Clearly you didn't read much.
People questioning it and dispelling it yes. Along with people explaining it.

You can work out as much as you want but if you're diet is not in check you are going nowhere.

It is the biggest factor which is why the "average" of 80% is implied as a general rule of thumb.

I have been in and out of the gym for over 20 years and know plenty of people that have real experience, who agree. Including an instructor who competed in Mr Universe several times (finishing 2nd in the medium tall category).

Noone is disputing that diet is important, it was disputed that you claimed that for men diet is worth 80% of your goal, and for women it's 60%, then provided no scientific backing

Ive linked you to the first 3 articles, all of which did not agree with you

Anecdote is not evidence. And besides how would you prove anecdotally its 80%? How does a person measure the % of impact on goal that each factor is having

Please don't come in here, spout random unproven s**t, then act condescending when asked for evidence.

If I wanted to hear s**t like this, I'd go watch dom mazetti videos, at least he is funny in his delivery

The first three results (none of which are scientific and ncbi has nothing):
http://www.barbellsandbeakers.com/2012/08/15/is-it-really-80-diet-and-20-exercise-or-is-it-7030/
There is no mathematical way to break down whether exercise or diet is more important for your goals. If you want to run a marathon, changing your diet isn’t going to help you with endurance. Exercise, specifically running, will. This goes the same for any goal – gaining muscle isn’t achieved by just increasing protein consumption, it’s gained by exercise. Sure, the two go hand in hand, but is it really as simple as an 80/20 or 70/30 ratio?

http://www.executivestyle.com.au/weight-loss-why-the-8020-rule-is-rubbish-32z7h

I hear or read it so often you'd think it was carved into stone tablets as the 11th commandment: “Weight loss shalt be 80 per cent diet and 20 per cent fitness”.

I disagree, because losing weight has at least as much to do with what's north of your mouth – your strength of mind, mental wellbeing, and ability to change.

http://www.womenshealth.com.au/arti...eally-80-percent-diet-and-20-percent-exercise
The key to weight loss is achieving a negative energy balance, or taking in less calories than you burn, says Albert Matheny, co-founder of SoHo Strength Lab and PROMIX Nutrition. To shed a single pound, you need to achieve a 3,500 calorie deficit. So if you're following the 80/20 ratio, you'd want to burn approximately 750 calories through exercise and cut an additional 3,000 calories through dieting, says Matheny. That’s a total deficit of 3,750 calories for the week.
Sure, it’s much easier to create a 500-calorie deficit through diet alone than it is to burn 500 calories through exercise, says Lofton. But when you combine a sweat sesh and a healthy diet, you don't have to make many dramatic changes at all. For example, instead of eliminating 500 calories by painstakingly striking all dairy from your diet, you could burn 250 calories at the gym and then cut another 250 calories just by skipping your nightly bowl of ice cream.

You've come in, spouted rubbish, refused to provide an evidence based source, then mocked anyone who questioned you.

And to top it off you think voilà, is spelled Vuala.
Well thought out post

Excuse my spelling haha, I'm clearly not French.

Well thought out post

Excuse my spelling haha, I'm clearly not French.

People want to attribute figures that without science mean nothing, it gives them comfort to appropriate a random number to it, even if there is nothing to support it.

Diet is very very important, as is exercise. I understand this, but I can't pull a number off the top of my head and say "diet = this % and exercise = this %", it's impossible, and even going through your google search the figure has a range of about 20% depending on who you ask

People want to attribute figures that without science mean nothing, it gives them comfort to appropriate a random number to it, even if there is nothing to support it.

Diet is very very important, as is exercise. I understand this, but I can't pull a number off the top of my head and say "diet = this % and exercise = this %", it's impossible, and even going through your google search the figure has a range of about 20% depending on who you ask

Not to mention, the range of studies you'll find on the topic the figures can range from 0% (where participants lost weight through addition of exercise only) all the way to 100% (where participants in exercise only group did not lose weight) depending on the demographic being tested in that particular study

Not to mention, the range of studies you'll find on the topic the figures can range from 0% (where participants lost weight through addition of exercise only) all the way to 100% (where participants in exercise only group did not lose weight) depending on the demographic being tested in that particular study
Nathan rocks is a perfect example if anyone has heard of him. Bloke used to abuse IIFYM for his comp prep, would fast all day, then smash out protein bars, shakes and pop tarts for all his food at night. Yet was always in very good shape and lean

Remove this Banner Ad

Back