Remove this Banner Ad

k31th

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-F|NHL-F|V8|F1
I went to the gym M/W/F this past week to get back my pre-lockdown rhythm... after Monday I had nice simple DOMS which cleared easily by Wednesday... Played indoor cricket and went to the gym on Wednesday night and it seems the Kettlebell Windmills pushed the DOMS really hard this time and was sore straight after the game and then the following Thurs & Friday I had epic DOMS unlike any I've had since I started back at the gym... tested a hypothesis I'd read about plenty online about just training through DOMS and I'm glad I did on Friday :) feeling really good with minor DOMS today after powering through a DOMS-affected workout
<3 gym

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
You're right. I do RDLs with kettlebells and love the hamstring activation you get.

I just follow this video's techniques for either barbell/dumbell/kettlebell RDLs -
Buff Dudes are pretty cool

Do like their variations in videos from diet, to challenges against family, to mock gym scenarios etc, would take alot of time producing their content

Milera2Betts

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2007
We Fly As One
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
East Side Hawks
First leg day today. I only started going to the gym a month ago and have just been sticking to cardio since. Today I got them to show me some leg weight stuff and off I went. Starting slow as a female absolute beginner.

10 minute treadmill warm up.

Then 3 sets of 10 of each exercise:-

Leg press - 100kg.
Prone leg curl - 9kg.
Leg extension - 16kg.
Step ups (each leg).
Kettlebell squats with 12kg weight.

10 minute treadmill cool down.

Let’s see how I pull up from that tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

k31th

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-F|NHL-F|V8|F1
First leg day today. I only started going to the gym a month ago and have just been sticking to cardio since. Today I got them to show me some leg weight stuff and off I went. Starting slow as a female absolute beginner.

10 minute treadmill warm up.

Then 3 sets of 10 of each exercise:-

Leg press - 100kg.
Prone leg curl - 9kg.
Leg extension - 16kg.
Step ups (each leg).
Kettlebell squats with 12kg weight.

10 minute treadmill cool down.

Let’s see how I pull up from that tomorrow.
that's definitely a good way to start :)

go you pups

Hall of Famer
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I think Derrimut made the right call not reopening straight away considering their demographic would've been smashed by these suburban lockdowns

Top Bottom