Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

That's nuts^

I've finally managed a 180kg deadlift, no straps. A little over 2x bodyweight. Going to be happy all day.

That's nuts^

I've finally managed a 180kg deadlift, no straps. A little over 2x bodyweight. Going to be happy all day.
Good work!

I’m doing 1rm’s on Thursday. Hoping for a 110kg bench and 210kg deadlift. I’ll take whatever squats gives me as my hips have taken so long to come good. Still not 100% but better.

Far from it! I’d come last in a novice meet at my weight class by a long way. I need to aim for a 140-210-240 to be competitive I’d say.

I struggle massively. Only starting out, but it's ******* tough to try and work s**t out.

That said, I am happy to try and just improve form and lift less weight doing so.

Gralin I want...

D31n1lIX4AAmosq.jpg:large

D31n1lEWAAEeBJC.jpg:large

Just did some 1rm’s but only had an hour including warming up because I was running late.

Did a conservative 130kg squat without knee wraps/sleeves. Waaaay more in the tank but had exceeded the 20 mins we allocated to lifts. I reckon off how easy it felt I’d be around the 170kg, 180kg mark.

100kg bench moved like a breeze and then lost tension under 110kg so one side came back down, if I can keep the tension, that 110kg is there as it moved well.

Deadlifted 200kg and I’m ******* extatic as if we hadn’t hit bang on an hour I’d have gone the 210kg next and I reckon I’d have got it, left some weight behind for this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just did some 1rm’s but only had an hour including warming up because I was running late.

Did a conservative 130kg squat without knee wraps/sleeves. Waaaay more in the tank but had exceeded the 20 mins we allocated to lifts. I reckon off how easy it felt I’d be around the 170kg, 180kg mark.

100kg bench moved like a breeze and then lost tension under 110kg so one side came back down, if I can keep the tension, that 110kg is there as it moved well.

Deadlifted 200kg and I’m ******* extatic as if we hadn’t hit bang on an hour I’d have gone the 210kg next and I reckon I’d have got it, left some weight behind for this one.

Jelly - got to about 180 and then had a back nerve injury that went for two months. Starting at 130 now!

Jelly - got to about 180 and then had a back nerve injury that went for two months. Starting at 130 now!
Ah spewing! Rest up, hey!

Got my new program today and I’m starting 4 x 8’s on what I was doing for 5x5 last week (140kg) for deadlifts. That’s scary. :p

Is it fair to say that I'll struggle to increase my lifts eating on a reasonably high deficit, 1800/1900 cals a day diet?

Is it fair to say that I'll struggle to increase my lifts eating on a reasonably high deficit, 1800/1900 cals a day diet?

If you’re on a big calorie deficit I’d take being able to maintain strength or minimising loss to 5% as big wins (Unless you’re in your first couple of months of training).
I dropped from 83-84kg to 79-80kg for footy over the off season and only just now is my strength close to where it was

First time back in the gym today in 2 weeks. Bumped my leg press up from 45kg to 59kg. It might not be much weight to start with, but small progress is better than no progress.
Just remember if it’s the one where you add your plates separately you can basically add 45KG for the machine weight!

If you’re on a big calorie deficit I’d take being able to maintain strength or minimising loss to 5% as big wins (Unless you’re in your first couple of months of training).
I dropped from 83-84kg to 79-80kg for footy over the off season and only just now is my strength close to where it was

I have noticed that my squats are decreasing. 10kg off what i was doing 2 months ago.

Upper body has been slightly increasing

Our hammer strength leg press is broken and the cardio room has a pin loaded press like that one.

Is it any good?

I use it as a last resort, i find you have to push the seat closer to the foot plate to get good depth or else the range of motion is too little and its all quads. Which could be a good thing if you want to go easy on the hammies.

I use it as a last resort, i find you have to push the seat closer to the foot plate to get good depth or else the range of motion is too little and its all quads. Which could be a good thing if you want to go easy on the hammies.
Sounds like a workable solution for the end of my leg day.

Owner is a notorious tight arse and won't fix the bearing on the Hammer strength.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back