Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Why’s that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quite dominant in my anterior muscles. Chest and anterior deltoid are both quite strong and always have been. I swim a bit (used to competitively) so I am strong in that area.

For me is all about back, glutes and abdominals. Postural position and balance is my go to now. My traps help my shoulder girdle stay balanced and my core and glutes mean I don’t get lower back and hip pain.

If I have X amount of energy to expend at the gym on limited time, I like to put it into muscles that help me Day to day and alleviate back and hip ailments which I am prone to having.

Quite dominant in my anterior muscles. Chest and anterior deltoid are both quite strong and always have been. I swim a bit (used to competitively) so I am strong in that area.

For me is all about back, glutes and abdominals. Postural position and balance is my go to now. My traps help my shoulder girdle stay balanced and my core and glutes mean I don’t get lower back and hip pain.

If I have X amount of energy to expend at the gym on limited time, I like to put it into muscles that help me Day to day and alleviate back and hip ailments which I am prone to having.
LOL abs. I don't think I have done any ab work in 3 months since rejoining the gym.
My aim is to lose another 20 kegs, then focus on the ab work ;)

Tried 110kg back squat today. Somehow got it back up, but I am not counting it as a solid rep.

Did a couple of 100's, so I am getting better :)

FWIW I take a 1rm at least twice a week.
1 for upper body (inevitably a bench press variation)
1 for lower body (either alternating a squat and deadlift variation or doing a squat variation every week plus a deadlift every 3-4 weeks).
I won’t come back to the same variation for at least 12 weeks though.
Eg 12 week bench press cycle
1. Football bar
2. 3 board press w/comp bar
3. Comp set up w/reverse bands
4. Bow bar + bands
5. Floor press + chains
6. Comp set up + bands
7. Incline
8. 2 board w/comp bar + bands
9. Comp set up + chains
10. Cambered bar + chains
11. Floor press
12. 1 board w/comp set up
It’s essentially a repeated 3 week cycle where week 1 is a full/supra range lift, week two is a partial range lift and the third week is in my comp set up (so bar we use for bench in comp + wearing my bench shirt).
Floor press is my “raw” tester to see where my strength is at while the 1 board in the comp set up tells me what my third attempt in a comp will be.
Squats and deadlifts follow the same basic principle.

giphy.gif

FWIW I take a 1rm at least twice a week.
1 for upper body (inevitably a bench press variation)
1 for lower body (either alternating a squat and deadlift variation or doing a squat variation every week plus a deadlift every 3-4 weeks).
I won’t come back to the same variation for at least 12 weeks though.
Eg 12 week bench press cycle
1. Football bar
2. 3 board press w/comp bar
3. Comp set up w/reverse bands
4. Bow bar + bands
5. Floor press + chains
6. Comp set up + bands
7. Incline
8. 2 board w/comp bar + bands
9. Comp set up + chains
10. Cambered bar + chains
11. Floor press
12. 1 board w/comp set up
It’s essentially a repeated 3 week cycle where week 1 is a full/supra range lift, week two is a partial range lift and the third week is in my comp set up (so bar we use for bench in comp + wearing my bench shirt).
Floor press is my “raw” tester to see where my strength is at while the 1 board in the comp set up tells me what my third attempt in a comp will be.
Squats and deadlifts follow the same basic principle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a bit of Alan Thrall yesterday, and the Romanian Deadlift and Stiff Leg Deadlift vids popped up.

I gave these a go last night and wow, i can actually feel a bit of Hamstring soreness. Good soreness, but these lifts were something i never even contemplated.

Might give it another go next Pull session, because i like this feeling ;)

I can still see it fine so idk what’s going on.
Basically at the next ProRaw event Fuzzy is putting up $1 for every pound for the biggest deadlift.
Yury Belkin would be favourite right now and would be looking at getting $900-950
Hellraisers coming ;).

Watched a bit of Alan Thrall yesterday, and the Romanian Deadlift and Stiff Leg Deadlift vids popped up.

I gave these a go last night and wow, i can actually feel a bit of Hamstring soreness. Good soreness, but these lifts were something i never even contemplated.

Might give it another go next Pull session, because i like this feeling ;)
Had a nightmare leg day today. Over in 40 mins.

RDLs are a leg day item from now on. Hammies are ****ed and I couldn't muster a whimper. Front squats ruined by a knife shooting pain in my shoulder blade. Boo hoo me :(

Aeglos did you hear about wildcats too? My coach got invited to that so will probably be coming up to watch.

I heard about the plans for Wildcats after the 2nd(?) Big Dogs event haha.
Markos has had it in the works for ages. Just needed some financial backing to make it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back