Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Going to max out next 4-5-6 days

I tested the waters on sumos the Tuesday after Xmas, got 170kg in and a 175kg grinder, the grip training I started doing in November has paid off I reckon. So 180kg will be the target

Benched 2x2 at 140kg last week and 127, 130, 133 for triples the week beforehand and a 135 double also. So 150kg is the target, but if I get that in I might try 155 or something.
This was me 3 and a half months ago RU_

I'm pretty sure I was getting in quadruples at 130 also

Triples at 135 is really really good though, that should carryover to a 150 bench eventually, even if you think you're not there yet.

Went back to 7pm tonight.
Didn't have to wait for a bench (or any other equipment) and got through a couple of supersets without anyone even glancing at the equipment I used.
It was a nice change from the 6am rush haha.

Got my new squat bar (which is unfortunately going to be living at dad’s place 3.5 hours a way for a while 😂).
One of the grippier squat bars I’ve used which made setting up a touch trickier but the actual squatting part nicer.
Also stays pretty dead straight with 300kg even with the custom J hook inset thingies I have.

Attachments

• 542BCFE3-939D-4293-BCA2-898E30E524CD.jpeg
    542BCFE3-939D-4293-BCA2-898E30E524CD.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 18585BDA-2080-42E1-B552-C47E7F8C0812.jpeg
    18585BDA-2080-42E1-B552-C47E7F8C0812.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • FB13E814-8B56-42EE-9EA9-4A1B785F1F6A.jpeg
    FB13E814-8B56-42EE-9EA9-4A1B785F1F6A.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Competed yesterday.
Squatted 215kg - missed 222.5kg on my third, just was not there.
Bench - 140kg
Deadlift - 270kg.

Total PB’d 7.5kg.

Stoked to have finally pulled 270kg. Missed 270kg+ twice over the last year! Will throw a video up later.

loving the garage set up now i have some proper gear. need to get the lat pull down attachment for the rack asap though

also, i need to start eating like a big boy. think thats the main thing holding me back a bit atm
What's your height and weight and approximate target weight?

What's your height and weight and approximate target weight?
bruh i'm a touch over 6'1" and i'm built like a stick figure. lanky as you can get
normally i sit at 70kg but at the moment i'm around 77kg as i was a bit silly over the past few months

i dont have a goal weight, just want to put on some muscle (any muscle at all :'() and then will drop that bit of fat later

have started doing a 5/3/1 workout plan & i'm now back to running 5k twice a week on off days. my food & sleep is totally out of wack - food probably worse

if you have any advice at all mate i will take it

Been on here 10 plus years don't ever plug my stuff but I feel there's such a great group of fitness enthusiasts in here its worth a mention. Ive had my fitness app many years and loving working with more people. Its a great option for the regular gym goer. Heres my website and if you want a go I give 2 weeks free trial and you can get a program sorted. Online Personal Training | Sean Currey Fitness | Bayswater

bruh i'm a touch over 6'1" and i'm built like a stick figure. lanky as you can get
normally i sit at 70kg but at the moment i'm around 77kg as i was a bit silly over the past few months

i dont have a goal weight, just want to put on some muscle (any muscle at all :'() and then will drop that bit of fat later

have started doing a 5/3/1 workout plan & i'm now back to running 5k twice a week on off days. my food & sleep is totally out of wack - food probably worse

if you have any advice at all mate i will take it
Try and find your maintenance calories if you can, then maybe add 300 calories a day on top of that, I'd lead towards more protein and fats from the extra calories

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was kinda surprised how much strength I lost after working away in Perth and only using dumbbells and bodyweight exercises for a month. Well apart from pull ups that actually got better after doing a heap of them in the park haha.
That muscle memory will help - it's easier to regain strength than it is to gain it for the first time.

I was kinda surprised how much strength I lost after working away in Perth and only using dumbbells and bodyweight exercises for a month. Well apart from pull ups that actually got better after doing a heap of them in the park haha.
Were you used to using heavier dumbbells?

Were you used to using heavier dumbbells?
Nah they were lighter just shitty adjustable ones about 12kg.

Bought a couple of solid 15kg ones to use for next time, would've got 17.5kg as well but they didn't have them.

Actually thinking about it at the gym apart from all the bicep exercises and tricep bombs I don't use dumbbells much now.

I have to be in work by 8 so I’ve been doing a minimalist morning split workout. Trying to keep it under 40 minutes, priority is strength with a mix of hypertrophy.

I’m going by the 10 sets per body part principle and just wanted some feedback if I’m doing enough work or not. Cardio in the evenings.

Monday

Zercher 1x6, 3x3+
Romanian Dead 3x10
Reverse Lunge 3x12

Tuesday

Floor Press 1x6, 3x3+
DB Bench 3x8-12
DB Decline Bench 3x10-15

Wednesday

BB Curl 4x8-10
DB Alternating Curl 3x8-12
Hammer Curl 3x10-12
Band Tri various 10 sets
Abs 50-100 reps

Thursday

BB Row 5x5-10
Band Lat Pull 10 sets

Friday

OHP 1x6, 3x3+
DB OHP 3x10-12
DB Lat Raise 3x12-15

Wooden gymnastic rings would be handy, Pull Ups and Dips and Leg Raises with them would be better than using bands. Just don’t think I have the right door frame for them.

I have to be in work by 8 so I’ve been doing a minimalist morning split workout. Trying to keep it under 40 minutes, priority is strength with a mix of hypertrophy.

I’m going by the 10 sets per body part principle and just wanted some feedback if I’m doing enough work or not. Cardio in the evenings.

Monday

Zercher 1x6, 3x3+
Romanian Dead 3x10
Reverse Lunge 3x12

Tuesday

Floor Press 1x6, 3x3+
DB Bench 3x8-12
DB Decline Bench 3x10-15

Wednesday

BB Curl 4x8-10
DB Alternating Curl 3x8-12
Hammer Curl 3x10-12
Band Tri various 10 sets
Abs 50-100 reps

Thursday

BB Row 5x5-10
Band Lat Pull 10 sets

Friday

OHP 1x6, 3x3+
DB OHP 3x10-12
DB Lat Raise 3x12-15

Wooden gymnastic rings would be handy, Pull Ups and Dips and Leg Raises with them would be better than using bands. Just don’t think I have the right door frame for them.

Personally I think a rolling PPL program would be more effective than having that Wednesday as it is now.
ie
D1 - chest dominant press, shoulder dominant press, tricep movement
D2 - horizontal row, vertical row, bicep movement
D3 - squat/knee dominant movement, hamstring/hip dominant movement, abs
for D4-6 you could flip the first 2 exercises of each day so you end up with prioritising every major movement pattern once per cycle eg
D1 - flat bench, DB OHP
D2 - barbell row, pulldowns
D3 - squat, RDL
D4 - barbell overhead press, dips
D5 - pull ups, chest supported rows
D6 - deadlifts, lunges

Personally I think a rolling PPL program would be more effective than having that Wednesday as it is now.
ie
D1 - chest dominant press, shoulder dominant press, tricep movement
D2 - horizontal row, vertical row, bicep movement
D3 - squat/knee dominant movement, hamstring/hip dominant movement, abs
for D4-6 you could flip the first 2 exercises of each day so you end up with prioritising every major movement pattern once per cycle eg
D1 - flat bench, DB OHP
D2 - barbell row, pulldowns
D3 - squat, RDL
D4 - barbell overhead press, dips
D5 - pull ups, chest supported rows
D6 - deadlifts, lunges
yeah I was kinda going for Wednesday to be my rest day hence just arm and ab work but your format looks pretty good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back